The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE English Language (May 3rd 2016) official thread

Scroll to see replies

Did anybody do CORE?.. question 3 was really hard does anyone agree?
Original post by WJGR
Thank you very much...i did write in the format of a letter so should be ok?!

Yeah you will be fine! If anything it's better 😊 Our English teacher always tells us if we feel confident enough to start our own way!
The quotes I used was the one about sandy roads and the one about the white washed walls and orange trees being laced by the sun for part a

For part b I used 'tatty trinkets' and the rainbow of produce and sourced ingredients.
Original post by 0lut0
OMG!!! I used them too except the ingredients one. Were gonna get A's!!

Same :biggrin:
Anyone link the orange trees laced with sunlight to the garden of eden?
Or the sandy roads saying how to sand was dusty and prevented people from acquiring love? - something like that
what happens if u picked more than 4 powerful words in each to analyse?
HI did anyone else say it was a student and not mrs. Salmon who pulled the fire alarm?? am i the only one! AHH i think i effed up bad :frown:
Original post by partallaboutme
what happens if u picked more than 4 powerful words in each to analyse?

Then you are one lucky geezah
Original post by ellamoon_22
What are the grade boundaries for a B grade pls anyneeee ive approximated my marks to 88 nothing is sure atm cause i dont even know my coursework grade but yhh what is 88-90 in term of a final grade

About 84/85 for a B, looks like you've done fine. :smile:
Original post by mint.skyscrapers
Can we just create a hashtag on twitter to get them to lower the grade boundaries :u:

I SECOND THIS COMMENT

Posted from TSR Mobile
The quotes I used was the one about sandy roads and the one about the white washed walls and orange trees being laced by the sun for part a

For part b I used 'tatty trinkets' and the rainbow of produce and sourced ingredients.(Original post by 0lut0)
OMG!!! I used them too except the ingredients one. Were gonna get A's!!Same
Or the sandy roads saying how to sand was dusty and prevented people from acquiring love? - something like that
Mrs Salmon? Fish?
Original post by Some_Student_1
Me yesterday: Alright, we got this. definitely going to get an A or A* if I'm lucky! :u:
Now: F*** this. I hope i get a B. :frown:

exactly during the test I was literally talking to myself like get ur **** togther
exactly during the test I was literally talking to myself like get ur **** togther

IDK why but i was singing in my head during the exam
Original post by Wisdom2

For part b I used 'tatty trinkets' and the rainbow of produce and sourced ingredients.(Original post by 0lut0)
OMG!!! I used them too except the ingredients one. Were gonna get A's!!Same

garden of eden jesus christ i wish i imagined like that
I think the paper went well!!!!!! 🙂🙂❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile
right guys so im really worried heres what i did
q1) bullet point 1:
- welcoming staff - met me at the airport and made an effort to provide me with a comfortable stay
- exactly like the website description - tranquil, great views etc
- impressed with the scenery etc
-cant really remember my point
bullet point 2:
-husband had a bad attitude to the hotel and was rude to staff (complained about the market and thing
-made the staff change their plans because they were dull
-acted irresponsibly and hurt himself - injury disturbed the atmosphere of the holiday
bullet point 3;
-continue writing and enjoying the surroundings (she had a note pad and it said she was a talented writer?)
-explore the town/highlights of the tour
-write a good review of the hotel

question 2 - focused my points arounf the idea of a 'mirage' thats only seen by those who search for it for paragraph 4 and talked about the connotations of sunlight and talked about the word 'entranced' and how it captivated the reader

paragraph 6 - wrote about 'a rainbow of produce' because rainbows have a connotation of bringing fortune and are rare etc aand discussed the contrasting quotes like tatty trinkets etc

question 3 i probably did all the bulllet points wrong and wrote similar ones and that

i really wanted an A but it seems like i blew it judging by the comments
haha yes i know the salmon fish :biggrin: guess u didnt do the same paper
If you got a quote that was wrong, they would mark the other one so that's good! We've always been taught todo 5 for each
Original post by habeebahx
i second this comment

posted from tsr mobile

i third this comment
[QUOTE="CaSama9;64553061"][Please be sure to suggest any other points]

Question One

What were her first impressions of the hotel and the staff?

. Al was generous as he waited in the airport for the guests to arrive
. The Gardners discussion was nice
. Al seemed to care about her neck pain
. Hotels dining room was good
. The landscape and artwork

What was her husbands attitude and behaviour like? And what were her feelings towards it?

. Threw a tantrum at market at her
. Child like immature/irresponsible
. Pressured Al into putting him in group
. Rubble on top of the hill- rude
. Refused to go to the animal sanctuary

What were her plans

. To collect him from hospital
. To persuade him not to file a complaint
. To go to the airport by Friday to go home
. Spend remaining days writing notebook
. Spend remaining days with bees and seeing how she can help
. Explore the history and area of the place
. Leave a good reputation after her husband, before she leaves[/QUOTE
Omg I don't think i mentioned nearly enough of the points especially on bullet point 1 and 2.

IKR! Dont know how some people found it alright!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending