Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

(Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Hey anon 1
    This thread is very useful!
    Aww no! How come?
    I hope you can be happy again soon!!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't punch yourself, I've don't that before too and it's really not fun.
    It's not a good thing to do.
    You're very strong and you can resist the temptation!
    Thanks for asking but i don't really want to talk about it on a public thread.
    And thank you but i don't think i will for at least another year :/
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And ik but it is satisfying, and not really cos i alway give in to stuff like that such as now for instance

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    If you want to cry, then cry. Holding it in can be difficult and doesn't really change anything.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Have you considered punching your pillow/mattress? Another thing that can help with destructive urges is ripping up paper - the Argos catalog is great for this!
    Never even cried in the end, idek that im sad, more angry :/
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And yeh i do that sometimes, i just don't find it as satisfying because it doesn't hurt me which is stupid but honest :/

ReputationRep:
    No worries!!
    I went through a difficult time recently and came out of it with massive positivity, so expect to see lots of it
    Im sure things will improve once your exams are done. I completely understand how you feel! Its like theres no way out of them, you have to do them in order to get a job.
    Im sure youll pass these exams with flying colors!!

No too bad currently. Had a couple of difficult nights but im ok currently.

How are you currently?
    It's good to hear you're doing okay sorry for the delay in replying btw, been studying pretty constantly.

I'm quite variable at the moment; haven't had any full panic attacks recently, which is a good sign I guess, and my ED is under control

Just having massive dips, where I feel low and like nothing can get better. Idk if it's just stress, or a sign of anything worse - I'm surprised any of my friends still put up with me ahah

(Original post by Inexorably)
    I've noticed that I seem to get incredibly lonely at night now. It doesn't matter if I have or haven't seen people in the day, just at night I seem to feel so lonely.

Idk why but I don't like this and it makes me so sad I almost cry >.<
    I often get a kind of intense loneliness if I'm feeling down/ anxious in general- is that the case with you at all? I've sometimes found that just blocking everything out with music can help for a while, until I can just sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I posted a new thread in the Mental Health forum but it won't appear
    They (CT) sometimes have to reviews threads. Threads with the word suicide are for example, automatically put into the mod queue. That's whether you've been here for a few days or years. There's possibly also something about the anon function too. But I'm not too sure on that.

Aw that's not great! You want to talk about it at all?
    Everyday tasks are difficult for me too! OCD has turned my life around (not in a good way).
    Creativity ftw! It's catchy!
    Idk what's wrong but probably my MH issue kicking in. Everything seems meaningless and that feeling is annoying because when I sat a exam a couple of weeks ago that feeling overtook me and I didn't give everything to the exam. And when my "healthy" side returned I was like wtf did I just do lol

Trigger (SH)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I cut a couple of times lately too, gotta stop that

I don't have OCD so I don't pretend to understand your struggles but what annoys me is when people make jokes out of OCD, PTSD etc. They wouldn't make a joke like "You look unwell, you must have cancer!" so why should they be allowed to make jokes out of mental illness

Have a good day

Anxious Anon

ReputationRep:
    Support team message

Hey guys

Just a quick reminder as there's quite a few new people in here (welcome!) that discussion of self harm and suicide unfortunately isn't allowed for the reasons stated in the OP. It's great to see people spoilering most potential triggers, as someone said the other day it's helpful if you can put a label on these but don't worry if not! If you're not sure about anything feel free to ask, in general it's best to be more on the cautious side though as we obviously don't want anyone to get hurt.

Hope everyone's alright and not too hot it's really nice to see some more positive posts as well, always helps knowing people are having good days even if we're not ourselves! The labelling anons is a great idea too, not too sure why we've never thought of that before

Word of warning I'm also about to try and edit the OP, if the thread disappears for a bit don't worry and it is in no way my fault :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    It's great to hear you're overcoming that! I don't really know much about OCD and what might be helpful for you. Just an idea, could you maybe not do 1 (maybe the most minor seeming one) of the rituals and see what happens then gradually build up to skip more and more? Sorry if that's totally useless.

Yeah, I'm really hoping friday's psychiatrist will be good, I could really do with a hand with managing the voices. They were so loud during lab today but somehow I managed to pull off an 80% in the quiz which I'm really pleased with myself about.

I do indeed support the Panthers! Though I'm rooting for the Penguins atm as they're the first team I ever went to see so got a bit of a soft spot for them. Are you interested in hockey?
    Thankyou!!
    Thats exactly what i need to do! I am starting to do that and its working for now.

Im sure they will be! Youll have to let me know how you get on!
    That sounds awful! The voices does sound awful! I hope you can get that sorted soon!
    Ah well done! Thats really good! Youve just got to try and ignore them and focus! Youve done very well there!

Youre avatar gives it away
    Well theyre close to winning so lets hope they do!
    I sure am! Its hard to watch it over here as im not subscribed to gamecentre.
    Im a Leafs fan!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezme39)
    It's good to hear you're doing okay sorry for the delay in replying btw, been studying pretty constantly.

I'm quite variable at the moment; haven't had any full panic attacks recently, which is a good sign I guess, and my ED is under control

Just having massive dips, where I feel low and like nothing can get better. Idk if it's just stress, or a sign of anything worse - I'm surprised any of my friends still put up with me ahah
    :hugs: No worries! I understand how important studying is!

Well that does sound positive, lets hope things stay like this and improve for you!

Yeah i get those, theyre awful arent they! Im not sure what causes them so i cant help there im afraid, apologies.
    I dont think its anything worse tbh.
    Aw no your friends are super lucky to have you!

Hate everything, everyone is such a turncoat and you can't rely on anyone. Fab :/
    ~ Anon 1

ReputationRep:
    Idk what's wrong but probably my MH issue kicking in. Everything seems meaningless and that feeling is annoying because when I sat a exam a couple of weeks ago that feeling overtook me and I didn't give everything to the exam. And when my "healthy" side returned I was like wtf did I just do lol

Trigger (SH)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I cut a couple of times lately too, gotta stop that

I don't have OCD so I don't pretend to understand your struggles but what annoys me is when people make jokes out of OCD, PTSD etc. They wouldn't make a joke like "You look unwell, you must have cancer!" so why should they be allowed to make jokes out of mental illness

Have a good day

Anxious Anon
    Mental illnesses are awful!
    Nothing is meaningless! Aw no! Im sure you did awesome in that exam!
    You managed to do it so thats a positive sign!!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Nooo! Dont do that! Cutting is not the answer!
    OCD is super annoying!
    Yes that annoys me massively too! I even started a blog on tsr to try and help peoples understanding of it all!
    Exactly! No one does that so it should be the same with mental illnesses!
    I hate it when people joke about it!

ReputationRep:
    Hate everything, everyone is such a turncoat and you can't rely on anyone. Fab :/
    ~ Anon 1
    :jumphug: Inbox open if you want a chat.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for asking but i don't really want to talk about it on a public thread.
    And thank you but i don't think i will for at least another year :/
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And ik but it is satisfying, and not really cos i alway give in to stuff like that such as now for instance
    Its fine.
    Yeah i understand that, no worries!
    Really? Thats a long time, im sure things will improve before then!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hows it satisfying?
    No you need to stay strong and resist it!

Also i just saw your new post!
    I hope you can feel better soon!

(Original post by Airmed)
    :jumphug: Inbox open if you want a chat.
    Thank you Airmed :hugs: i'll tty there x

Its fine.
    Yeah i understand that, no worries!
    Really? Thats a long time, im sure things will improve before then!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hows it satisfying?
    No you need to stay strong and resist it!

Also i just saw your new post!
    I hope you can feel better soon!
    Thank you
    They won't because they can't cos all my problems stem from my current situation which isn't going to change and is only going to get worse before i can move out.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Idk it just is, because it hurts and because partly I think i deserve it and also because any pain distracts me from being sad or whatever although it isn't as satisfying as something else but i wont write that here cos i dont want to trigger anyone.
    And thank you

^^^^ oh i forgot to write Anon 1 sorry
    ~Anon 1

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Airmed :hugs: i'll tty there x
    I just worry about you. :sadnod: You're too sweet and lovely

Mental illnesses are awful!
    Nothing is meaningless! Aw no! Im sure you did awesome in that exam!
    You managed to do it so thats a positive sign!!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Nooo! Dont do that! Cutting is not the answer!
    OCD is super annoying!
    Yes that annoys me massively too! I even started a blog on tsr to try and help peoples understanding of it all!
    Exactly! No one does that so it should be the same with mental illnesses!
    I hate it when people joke about it!
    Yeah a part of me knows nothing is meaningless but a big part of me just perceives everything meaningless and I am not always successful in fighting against it.
    Realistically I couldn't have done awesome as I spent a third of the exam fighting against my thoughts, but at least I turned up

Spoiler:
    Show

I know it's not the answer but sometimes things get too overwhelming and I haven't developed a proper coping strategy. That's something I'll be working on

Your positivity and exclamation marks make me laugh XD it's incredible

^^Anxious Anon^^

I forgot to sign

ReputationRep:
    Therapist just phoned to cancel CBT tomorrow. Feel a bit let down but she's ill so obviously I can't be mad at her and it gives me more time to get my thoughts together. I only have 5 appointments left :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    They won't because they can't cos all my problems stem from my current situation which isn't going to change and is only going to get worse before i can move out.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Idk it just is, because it hurts and because partly I think i deserve it and also because any pain distracts me from being sad or whatever although it isn't as satisfying as something else but i wont write that here cos i dont want to trigger anyone.
    And thank you
    No worries!
    Ah well im sorry to hear that! How long before you can move out?
    I really wish things could improve for you!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Im certain that you dont deserve it!
    Is there anything else you can do to distract yourself?
    I dread to think what that is
    No worries!

Im always open if you want to chat! I wont be offended if you dont want to as you probably dont know me.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah a part of me knows nothing is meaningless but a big part of me just perceives everything meaningless and I am not always successful in fighting against it.
    Realistically I couldn't have done awesome as I spent a third of the exam fighting against my thoughts, but at least I turned up
    Spoiler:
    Show

I know it's not the answer but sometimes things get too overwhelming and I haven't developed a proper coping strategy. That's something I'll be working on

Your positivity and exclamation marks make me laugh XD it's incredible
    Aw well im always here if you want someone to talk to!!
    You did some of the exam! You will have aced what you did!

Damn it wont let me type below the spoiler: so ill do it here.
    Well im trying to be as positive as possible after my bad experience a month ago!
    Plus exclamtion points FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD Im glad you like it
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ah i see. Well i hope you can figure one out soon!
    I just get angry and punch stuff tbh. I wouldnt reccomend that!
    Im glad to hear that!
    Please let me know if i can be of assistance!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.