Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Further Maths was a treat! I personally didn't have any problems at all, despite a few odd questions here and there. Although credit to my amazing maths teacher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemistrynerd13)
    Yeah there were only 5 of us did the exam.. We thought it was strange in places- Eg. Function Question. I thought I was going to cry when I turned over because I couldn't do that question. However I eventually got through it and the vectors question was great! Am I the only one whose sketch of the curve was really wide. The amount of scribbling on my paper is ridiculous as I had plenty of time to correct the many stupid errors made!😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only 5 people?? There were around 60 doing it in our year. They seemed pretty split down the middle between those who hated it and those who found it easy. Yeah my curve sketch was very wide too.

ReputationRep:
    Really not feeling great about Bio 2 tomorrow... anyone else??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akrapovic)
    Only 5 people?? There were around 60 doing it in our year. They seemed pretty split down the middle between those who hated it and those who found it easy. Yeah my curve sketch was very wide too.
    Yeah our further maths class is always small. It's really good though because my further maths teacher only has to talk to a small group and we can focus on certain topics in more detail. For our mocks she was able to come to us individually and help us correct it!😀If I didn't have her then I would've did really awful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemistrynerd13)
    Yeah our further maths class is always small. It's really good though because my further maths teacher only has to talk to a small group and we can focus on certain topics in more detail. For our mocks she was able to come to us individually and help us correct it!😀If I didn't have her then I would've did really awful

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We have 2 further maths classes. My teacher was absolutely amazing though so overall I couldn't be happier with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloecam29)
    I thought it was decent enough!! Yeah, I didn't get 4 reasons for the producer question, made it up tbh
    At least you did the theory! Our teacher didn't cover /anything/, we had to get notes from other schools- and when we came out and asked him the questions he got some wrong or said he didn't know lol

Yeah that's true! I reckon the grade boundaries will be generous though considering we were the first year to do the new spec. Hardly anyone does mia so it's nice to talk to someone who actually does oh my
    we hadn't been taught the file types and I made up the producer one too!! Yeah, hopefully they will be pretty low! I know, it's nice to talk to someone who also does mia hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenmck99)
    we hadn't been taught the file types and I made up the producer one too!! Yeah, hopefully they will be pretty low! I know, it's nice to talk to someone who also does mia hahaha
    Yeah I didn't know that either about file types! I said it was a video format but apparently it's an audio file
    ah well it's only 1 mark!!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone thinks it's just making films but lol nah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloecam29)
    Yeah I didn't know that either about file types! I said it was a video format but apparently it's an audio file
    ah well it's only 1 mark!!
    I'm sure the rest of it was fine though!!

ReputationRep:
    I made a mistake in the simultaneous equations question that got me 3 answers with decimals place however the answers were very similar to the correct one. What is the maximum amount of marks I could get out of 8 considering method marks and follow through marks? Thanks And btw does anyone remember all the whole question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jgibson234)
    I made a mistake in the simultaneous equations question that got me 3 answers with decimals place however the answers were very similar to the correct one. What is the maximum amount of marks I could get out of 8 considering method marks and follow through marks? Thanks And btw does anyone remember all the whole question.
    I got 18, 24 and 12.5 I think.
    This is a marks scheme from last years question, did you do any of the steps that get you marks?

Name:  image.png
Views: 68
Size:  28.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    Predictions for biology unit 2 tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemnerd4life)
    I got 18, 24 and 12.5 I think.
    This is a marks scheme from last years question, did you do any of the steps that get you marks?

Name:  image.png
Views: 68
Size:  28.0 KB
    Yeah i did all the normal steps but just must have made a mistake along the way, any idea of what mark i would get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizardry9)
    Really not feeling great about Bio 2 tomorrow... anyone else??
    Meeeeee but it's my last exam so that's good! Kinda sad I'm going to finish on a bad note though...:nopity:

(Original post by Tsunaomi)
    Predictions for biology unit 2 tomorrow?
    I think transpiration stream might make a big appearance because I haven't seen it come up before but I haven't had access to the 2015 paper so I'm not sure.

If anyone has the 2015 higher biology paper could they send me a copy? I can't get it online and school didn't give us 2015 for some reason. It would be greatly appreciated! (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jgibson234)
    Yeah i did all the normal steps but just must have made a mistake along the way, any idea of what mark i would get?
    No clue sorry, I don't know if they would give you the marks for the method but wrong numbers

ReputationRep:
    What was the coordinates of the turning point on the graph?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemnerd4life)
    What was the coordinates of the turning point on the graph?
    my graph was kinda narrow i think i got (0.5, -12.25) for my turning point but idk if this is right ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowhihlighter)
    my graph was kinda narrow i think i got (0.5, -12.25) for my turning point but idk if this is right ?
    I think I got that too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenmck99)
    I think I got that too!
    I got that as well! 🙌🏻 yay

ReputationRep:
    **** that biology I ****ed it up. Was sitting on full marked Unit 1 and full marked CA and i ****ed it up god damn who gives a **** anyway not like im doing it at a-level but it would of been nice to get the A*

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.