The NBA 2016-17 Thread - Season begins tonight!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Damn reading the details of Derrick Rose's rape civil suit is crazy. If he's guilty he really shouldn't be in the NBA: https://thinkprogress.org/derrick-ro...5e2#.g8vk6ks7h

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Damn reading the details of Derrick Rose's rape civil suit is crazy. If he's guilty he really shouldn't be in the NBA: https://thinkprogress.org/derrick-ro...5e2#.g8vk6ks7h
    It would break my heart if he is not gonna lie. It just seemed so out of character but if those texts are accurate then there's definitely another side to him, but I'll wait until the final verdict. I just always assumed it was BS because at the time he'd torn his ACL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    It would break my heart if he is not gonna lie. It just seemed so out of character but if those texts are accurate then there's definitely another side to him, but I'll wait until the final verdict. I just always assumed it was BS because at the time he'd torn his ACL.
    It will be interesting. And put the NBA/Knicks in a pickle. Since it's a civil suit at most he'll receive a fine payable to the alleged victim. meaning he theoretically could play. Trouble is I can't see the Knicks/NBA letting someone found guilty of such a crime playing.

ReputationRep:
    It will be interesting. And put the NBA/Knicks in a pickle. Since it's a civil suit at most he'll receive a fine payable to the alleged victim. meaning he theoretically could play. Trouble is I can't see the Knicks/NBA letting someone found guilty of such a crime playing.
    Yeah we'll see I guess. I still believe he's innocent, but I would. If she's found guilty of trying to pervert the court of justice and fabricating a story I hope she get's fined hella hard though. Only place it hurts for gold diggers is their wallet.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah we'll see I guess. I still believe he's innocent, but I would. If she's found guilty of trying to pervert the court of justice and fabricating a story I hope she get's fined hella hard though. Only place it hurts for gold diggers is their wallet.
    Of course, innocent until proven guilty. If Rose is found guilty I believe he shouldn't be allowed to play ever again. If she's found to have been lying, then equally she should have to pay damages to Rose.

ReputationRep:
    Of course, innocent until proven guilty. If Rose is found guilty I believe he should be allowed to play ever again. If she's found to have been lying, then equally she should have to pay damages to Rose.
    shouldn't. and absolutely i agree. who will be my new favorite player though? rooting for rose is so much fun too because he's such an underdog now,. ah i don't want to think about it she should get prison time too if guilty, the money she pays out won't matter to Rose one bit.

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't* is what I meant yes. Also, just testing something that basketball reference have rolled out.

Edit: Nice it actually works well. They've put in a feature where you can easily copy tables into various formats. So it took me 10 seconds to copy over this table that shows the top career PPG (As a random example). Pretty neat.

RankPlayerPPG
    1.Michael Jordan*30.12
    2.Wilt Chamberlain*30.07
    3.Kevin Durant27.40
    4.Elgin Baylor*27.36
    5.LeBron James27.19
    6.Jerry West*27.03
    7.Allen Iverson*26.66
    8.Bob Pettit*26.36
    9.Oscar Robertson*25.68
    10.George Gervin*25.09
    Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original TableGenerated 9/2/2016.

ReputationRep:
    Woo Mike agrees with me that Harden is massively underrated.

I occasionally know basketball folks

ReputationRep:
    Allen Iverson is the most underrated great.

ReputationRep:
    shouldn't. and absolutely i agree. who will be my new favorite player though? rooting for rose is so much fun too because he's such an underdog now,. ah i don't want to think about it she should get prison time too if guilty, the money she pays out won't matter to Rose one bit.
    Ummmm.... KD?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :teehee:

Nah but seriously I can't believe any of this about D. Rose, my bias prevents me from wanting to believe any of it. :sad:

If they provide sufficient evidence to show she's lying then I hope she gets what's coming to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    Allen Iverson is the most underrated great.
    This I can get behind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Ummmm.... KD?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :teehee:

Nah but seriously I can't believe any of this about D. Rose, my bias prevents me from wanting to believe any of it. :sad:

If they provide sufficient evidence to show she's lying then I hope she gets what's coming to her.

ReputationRep:
    Harden is definitely massively underrated right now, but that doesn't stop me from hating his flopping guts either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackened_sky)
    Harden is definitely massively underrated right now, but that doesn't stop me from hating his flopping guts either.
    I don't think he's underrated, its just that nobody expects much from him. There's only so much you can do on a subpar team like the Rockets (now that they've lost Howard, love or hate him) and are being coached by D'Antoni who left the Knicks and Lakers in ruin. I don't want him to fail but I'm not expecting much else this season tbh

ReputationRep:
    Dame! This dude agrees with me.

ReputationRep:
    So the 3 major inductees to the Hall of Fame this year, Iverson, Shaq and Yao have officially been inducted and here are their speeches:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Drop a new topic Mr Commissioner

ReputationRep:
    Ayyy Mike at it again

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.