The Official TSR Fantasy Football Premier League 2016/17

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Yeah hate how people don't wait til after the press conferences are done, kind of forces your hand if price rises and falls are going to affect your transfers. Hazard has already bloody dropped twice, he's only blanked the last two weeks and on another day could have returned points in the Swansea game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hazard's already back down to 10.0 :dry:

It is frustrating when your team value is hit by impatient people, but tbf he has got some tough fixtures coming up and KdB looks like a much better choice (albeit at 0.7 more) with City's attack on fire right now, so probably getting him in for Hazard this weekend assuming Hazard doesn't explode at Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    Hazard's already back down to 10.0 :dry:

It is frustrating when your team value is hit by impatient people, but tbf he has got some tough fixtures coming up and KdB looks like a much better choice (albeit at 0.7 more) with City's attack on fire right now, so probably getting him in for Hazard this weekend assuming Hazard doesn't explode at Arsenal.
    Wtf? Swear he was 10.3 on Saturday, I expected people to take him out but no way has he triple dropped in 4 days 😂 I'm glad I took him out when I did!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Wtf? Swear he was 10.3 on Saturday, I expected people to take him out but no way has he triple dropped in 4 days 😂 I'm glad I took him out when I did!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is it bad that I have no Arsenal players?

Like yeah they're winning but they're all so overpriced for FPL. Sanchez is 11m for crying out loud! That's more expensive than KDB...

Not only that, their defenders are stupidly priced too, 6-6.5m and they barely even keep a bloody clean sheet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Is it bad that I have no Arsenal players?

Like yeah they're winning but they're all so overpriced for FPL. Sanchez is 11m for crying out loud! That's more expensive than KDB...

Not only that, their defenders are stupidly priced too, 6-6.5m and they barely even keep a bloody clean sheet.
    Iwobi may be good value if he keeps getting minutes,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    Iwobi may be good value if he keeps getting minutes,
    I looked at him but he's only played 1/3 of Arsenal's game time this season.
    You could say he deserves it after being involved vs Hull, but it was only Hull... (inb4 we lose to them now)

If he gets good time over the next few games, I'll definitely definitely get him in at only 5.8m.

ReputationRep:
    Even if Iwobi was getting starts, I can't see past Snodgrass right now. Plays every minute, goal threat, penalties, free kicks and corners, all for £5.6. I wouldn't even rotate him with that kind of hogging potential

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    Even if Iwobi was getting starts, I can't see past Snodgrass right now. Plays every minute, goal threat, penalties, free kicks and corners, all for £5.6. I wouldn't even rotate him with that kind of hogging potential
    True, Snodgrass is firmly in my starting XI because he's the source of almost every Hull goal.

Penalties come from nothing so he can have an nothing game but still get points for a goal, like he did against Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Ibra down 0.1 and Aguero back up to 13. That's 0.2mil I've missed out on by not swapping this week. Zlatan better bag a couple this weekend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Ibra down 0.1 and Aguero back up to 13. That's 0.2mil I've missed out on by not swapping this week. Zlatan better bag a couple this weekend
    Zlatan is the only United attacker worth having but they're still barely scoring and there are so many better strikers out there right now.
    Lukaku is on a mad one with Everton, Costa is scoring for Chelsea in like every game, and Aguero will by dying to bag a few on his return.

ReputationRep:
    Damn I've lost so much team value. Should've wild carded!

ReputationRep:
    I don't like Football

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Zlatan is the only United attacker worth having but they're still barely scoring and there are so many better strikers out there right now.
    Lukaku is on a mad one with Everton, Costa is scoring for Chelsea in like every game, and Aguero will by dying to bag a few on his return.
    I was going to swap Zlatan for Aguero this week but the Mancs have got Leicester (h) and Stoke (h) the next two GW's so I'm hoping he'll get a couple. City have got Swansea (a) and Spurs (a), so, again hoping the Aguero goals will dry up somewhat, although Swansea is a risk, despite Aguero not netting against Swansea in over 600 minutes. Currently rocking Lukaku and Costa as my other two and I don't feel it's worth having Aguero and Zlatan with he depth of high quality midfielders getting big points. I think I'll end up going for two strikers and 442, eventually.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to swap Zlatan for Aguero this week but the Mancs have got Leicester (h) and Stoke (h) the next two GW's so I'm hoping he'll get a couple. City have got Swansea (a) and Spurs (a), so, again hoping the Aguero goals will dry up somewhat, although Swansea is a risk, despite Aguero not netting against Swansea in over 600 minutes. Currently rocking Lukaku and Costa as my other two and I don't feel it's worth having Aguero and Zlatan with he depth of high quality midfielders getting big points. I think I'll end up going for two strikers and 442, eventually.
    Yes the most convenient thing would be to swap zlatan for aguero and hazard for de bruyne but I have this horrible image of zlatan getting a couple of goals and well hazard he's always capable. Thing is I want to keep one of hazard or costa not both.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WesterosWildling)
    Yes the most convenient thing would be to swap zlatan for aguero and hazard for de bruyne but I have this horrible image of zlatan getting a couple of goals and well hazard he's always capable. Thing is I want to keep one of hazard or costa not both.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Everyone panick sold Hazard, which led to a price drop, which caused further panick and a further price drop. He quite easily could've got points against Swansea, and Liverpool was always a tough fixture.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone panick sold Hazard, which led to a price drop, which caused further panick and a further price drop. He quite easily could've got points against Swansea, and Liverpool was always a tough fixture.
    Puts even more pressure on him to do something if decide to keep him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I looked at him but he's only played 1/3 of Arsenal's game time this season.
    You could say he deserves it after being involved vs Hull, but it was only Hull... (inb4 we lose to them now)

If he gets good time over the next few games, I'll definitely definitely get him in at only 5.8m.
    He's been injured.

Only Arsenal players I'd consider are Koscielny, Iwobi, Ozil and Sanchez. I'd want one with their fixtures though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Easy to kneejerk here and this is where I differ from previous seasons where you're too reactive. I have faith in my team and there are more prominent players to remove like Lamela rather than Hazard talking from a statistical level of who's likely to do more.

Still haven't taken my wildcard, going to hold out as long as I can as I haven't seen many opportune moments so far as realistically taking a 8 point hit would be better if it came to it.

The game is just probability really with an indepth knowledge of football useful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rashford anybody? Trying to think of potential options here lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WesterosWildling)
    Rashford anybody? Trying to think of potential options here lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Plenty of (better) options. Benteke, Lukaku, Aguero, Zlatan for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Plenty of (better) options. Benteke, Lukaku, Aguero, Zlatan for example.
    Yeah true I was thinking more as a budget option.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Football articles
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.