[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    Aspiring Medic. Sent off my application today:

Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh and Bristol. Pharmacy at RGU as a back up. Only been a few hours but UCAS Track isn't saying anything... This is gonna be a LONG year to wait :'(
    Me too! Mine got sent on the 10th and i applied for imperial, bristol, brighton and sussex, st georges and pharmacy at kings college as back up. My predicted grades are A*AA. I know this is gonna be a long wait but fingers crossed they will soon reply!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got offer from Leeds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metrize)
    Anyone got offer from Leeds?
    I know someone who got a geography offer there recently 😁

ReputationRep:
    Just a heads up for anyone applying to Edinburgh- don't worry if you don't hear back from them for ages. I applied with 5A* prediction and they got back to me in late February

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy1483)
    I know someone who got a geography offer there recently 😁
    Do you know how long it took for them to get back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l3mondr1zzle)
    That's so exciting, it seems so far away to have it all set, where else might you firm?
    If I somehow get an offer from Cambridge then there but if not, it'll be Birmingham!! It'll be so weird to have a confirmed place though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josephinekitten)
    Does anyone know when Edinburgh and St. Andrews usually give out offers? I'm applying for biological sciences, thanks!
    I got mine (medical sciences) in late February, even though I applied in Octobet and had 5A* prediction...btw, Edinburgh is absolutely awesome- just started my final year there good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eatyourmattress)
    Do you know how long it took for them to get back?
    I think it was very quick- they must have applied around last week and have an offer already- good luck with yours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie_rhia_x)
    If I somehow get an offer from Cambridge then there but if not, it'll be Birmingham!! It'll be so weird to have a confirmed place though
    Ah well good luck with Cambridge, but if not let me know! Fingers crossed for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy1483)
    I think it was very quick- they must have applied around last week and have an offer already- good luck with yours!
    Thank you, friend!

ReputationRep:
    Are Warwick, Durham, Bath, Surrey and Cambridge sending out acknowledgments?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard back for history and politics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    I applied to Surrey and got an acknowledgement email a day or so after my application was sent and then i got an offer a few days later which was fab

ReputationRep:
    any law students along the lines of LSE WARWICK BIRMINGHAN NOTTINGHAM and OXFORD getting any acknowledgements or offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    I got an acknowledgment from Durham today at 6 so you should be getting one soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterfly_belle)
    I applied to Surrey and got an acknowledgement email a day or so after my application was sent and then i got an offer a few days later which was fab
    Cracking thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h8skoooooool)
    I got an acknowledgment from Durham today at 6 so you should be getting one soon!
    Would you be able to copy and paste the main bit of the email? Obviously excluding name, email address and any other personal details lol? I'd be super duper grateful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joycian117)
    Just got an offer from Nottingham to study English! Unconditional if I firm it!
    How did you get an unconditional??

(Original post by jesstheravendor)
    I just got a conditional offer for English and Hispanic Studies at Nottingham! Super excited!
    When did you apply? I'm applying for English and French and am simply dying to send mine off by the end of this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mfp3343)
    has anyone heard back for history and politics?
    Nope just all acknowledgments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james0902)
    I was considering Imperial but I thought I'd try to tier it a little bit, so obviously Oxbridge is my top choice, and then UCL / Bristol / Manchester. But I wanted Leeds in there as they tend to do lower offers, so I can have a lower offer just in case I don't get the grades I want instead of every offer being A*AA :P
    Ah yeah I should have probably done that, 4 of my choices are A*AA or A*A*A eeek

But hopefully we'll both get into our first choices anyway! I'd love to get an offer from Oxford

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.