?
Report 10 years ago
That's good
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What is Hell, if not the removal of hope?
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:bawling:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
What is Hell, if not the removal of hope?
We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.
- Albert Camus.

Consult not your fears but your hopes and dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what is still possible for you to do.
- Pope John XXIII.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
I'm sorry I wasn't here when you needed someone to talk to.
upturnedpalms
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not sure I can just keep going like this indefinitely. Something's got to give, or change, or something.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
I'm not sure I can just keep going like this indefinitely. Something's got to give, or change, or something.
I know what you mean.

What needs to change? Is it a feeling that needs to go away or some situation you are in now? Finding out what you want to change is a good starting point.
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I know what you mean.

What needs to change? Is it a feeling that needs to go away or some situation you are in now? Finding out what you want to change is a good starting point.
Summer tends to turn me into a bit of a hermit. I eat way too much, gain weight, slob about and don't bother to go out or get dressed for days on end and slowly become more and more paranoid about being in public. Then I just get more and more depressed. Without school forcing me to be functional every day things seem to just slip away from me.... time and grip and friends and reality.
xemilyx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey everyone, just thought I would check in.
Went out last night with some old school friends and saw loads of people. Didn't like it at first, Tenby isn't the best place in the world, and it's really small, it's okay up in Leeds, there are thousands upon thousands of people so I can do whatever I like... not so much in Tenby. Well, anyway, turned out to be a pretty good night. I showcased my blonde hair, and a lot of people were shocked and gave me lots and lots of compliments lol made my head swell a bit. Also had a talk with one of the boys who used to pick on me in school (we were out with the same group of people), he started talking about school and good memories etc. and I told him how much he upset me etc. and he said how he acknowledges what a knob he was in school etc. then turned around and said 'well, who's better now? You or me? You of course, look at what you've done!' made me feel happy.

Felt a bit strange seeing some people, and being in Tenby in general was a very strange experience. This is my first time home for the summer since going to uni, this will be the longest time I have spent home since leaving and it's scary.

Still haven't got my meds... Keep putting it off....

:hugs: to you all. Thinking of everyone all the time!!
Laus
Report 10 years ago
Summer tends to turn me into a bit of a hermit. I eat way too much, gain weight, slob about and don't bother to go out or get dressed for days on end and slowly become more and more paranoid about being in public. Then I just get more and more depressed. Without school forcing me to be functional every day things seem to just slip away from me.... time and grip and friends and reality.
Now that you know what depresses you, you can do something about it. It's easy to do what you're doing and to dig yourself deeper into a rut, but you can get out of it. Tomorrow, do everything that you would usually do on a school day (bar going to school, obviously :p:).

• Get up, wash, dress etc.
  • Eat three meals a day and don't eat more than you would if you were at school.
  • Go out, even if it's for a walk where no one can see you.
  • Do something (anything) to keep your mind occupied. As you have seen, I have been focusing on the book list. It's a temporary distraction and it will help me to do well at uni in the long-term (make sure you vote in the new thread ).
Speaking of uni, I'm terrified. I woke up in such a panic last night.

I don't mean to sound patronising but that's the only way you can break the holiday habits. If you do that for 2-3 weeks, it will become a normal way of life for you and you will definitely start to feel better about yourself.

I know it's hard so please don't take this the wrong way. I feel a tad hypocritical asking you to do stuff I am struggling to do at the moment. I will try if you try .

:hugs:

raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm scared. I know one panic attack shouldn't set me off like this, but what if it happens again? I'm probably making myself worse, but I don't know what triggered it or anything. I couldn't stop it. I'm so stupid
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Now that you know what depresses you, you can do something about it. It's easy to do what you're doing and to dig yourself deeper into a rut, but you can get out of it. Tomorrow, do everything that you would usually do on a school day (bar going to school, obviously :p:).

• Get up, wash, dress etc.
  • Eat three meals a day and don't eat more than you would if you were at school.
  • Go out, even if it's for a walk where no one can see you.
  • Do something (anything) to keep your mind occupied. As you have seen, I have been focusing on the book list. It's a temporary distraction and it will help me to do well at uni in the long-term (make sure you vote in the new thread ).
Speaking of uni, I'm terrified. I woke up in such a panic last night.

I don't mean to sound patronising but that's the only way you can break the holiday habits. If you do that for 2-3 weeks, it will become a normal way of life for you and you will definitely start to feel better about yourself.

I know it's hard so please don't take this the wrong way. I feel a tad hypocritical asking you to do stuff I am struggling to do at the moment. I will try if you try .

You don't sound patronising at all, and it's good advice. I'd never take it the wrong way! :hugs: It's just... really hard to do and easy to say I'll do. But we should both try together!
Laus
Report 10 years ago
You don't sound patronising at all, and it's good advice. I'd never take it the wrong way! :hugs: It's just... really hard to do and easy to say I'll do. But we should both try together!
I know honey. But we'll get there in the end .
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I know honey. But we'll get there in the end .
I'm finding this whole uni application process thing almost impossible. I'm just so removed from it because I can't imagine getting out of here, or being smart enough to get into uni. I can't write a PS because my self esteem is non-existent and I find it almost impossible to do the whole selling myself bit. And I can't really imagine being around that long, to be honest. On bad nights I think I won't get back for Year 13.
starchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I saw a friend today, and i just wanted to see Esther because she reminded me so much of her. I feel so low :cry:
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by starchild)
I saw a friend today, and i just wanted to see Esther because she reminded me so much of her. I feel so low :cry:
I'm sorry Sitara :hugs: you are in my thoughts.

Where is the eulogy you mentioned?
starchild
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I'm sorry Sitara :hugs: you are in my thoughts.

Where is the eulogy you mentioned?
its a few pages back. i posted it on here a few days ago.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
Thanks! I'll read it.
starchild
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=817 this is the eulogy for esther
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (83)
39.34%
No - but I will (9)
4.27%
No - I don't want to (14)
6.64%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (105)
49.76%

Watched Threads