Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    we can do it, if chelsea win next week and it induces a mini heart attack!

but seriously, we played really well today. arshavin and clichy did very well, and the mid duo especially. pleased in all.

ReputationRep:
    Played lads :yy:

If only your players played with that much passion in the other games. Thought Arshavin was hilariously good when he came on, he made so many successful tackles :p:

ReputationRep:
    The most frustrating thing is that United are probably going to win the league and we just outplayed them with ease. We've been in so many winning positions this season and thrown it away so many times. The huge positive is how well the midfield of Ramsey, Wilshere and Song worked. They were excellent and they all knew when to go forward and when to stay back and were able to control the game. Even if Cesc does go I think we should be fine, and hopefully Wenger uses the money wisely and strengthens in defence and up front because we're not that far off overall.

ReputationRep:
    If Man Utd lose next week, surely they'll be the biggest chokers in Premiership history?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerMT)
    So pleased to see Ramsey in the team. Let's see what the boy can really do.
    I would like to quote myself here
    I really don't know why he brought him back from Cardiff so early if he didn't even play him.
    He gave away a few fouls but apart from that him and Jack bossed the midfielder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hantheman)
    If Man Utd lose next week, surely they'll be the biggest chokers in Premiership history?
    Especially if we shock everyone and go and win the title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
    The most frustrating thing is that United are probably going to win the league and we just outplayed them with ease. We've been in so many winning positions this season and thrown it away so many times. The huge positive is how well the midfield of Ramsey, Wilshere and Song worked. They were excellent and they all knew when to go forward and when to stay back and were able to control the game. Even if Cesc does go I think we should be fine, and hopefully Wenger uses the money wisely and strengthens in defence and up front because we're not that far off overall.
    Lets be honest although Arsenal were much better in the first half, United came back strong and in the last 30 mins were clearly the better side and showed on the territorial advantage not too sure if that constitutes 'outplaying' them.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, Liverpool in 08/09 would be worse imo.

ReputationRep:
    We certainly didn't 'outplay' them, though we were certainly the better side for larger proportions of the game and took advantage of it.

United never had any clear-cut chances, their most threatening efforts were direct free-kicks that Szczesny did well to deal with.

The defensive performance towards the end of the game was a joy to behold.

ReputationRep:
    So we beat Man Utd but can't beat Bolton or Birmingham??
    Clichy, Denilson, Bendtner, Almunia and Rosicky to go in summer clear out
    Coentrao, Cahill and Felipe Melo in to replace them :cool:

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Deshi)
    Nah, Liverpool in 08/09 would be worse imo.
    Newcastle 95-96. Keegan, love it, you know the rest.

ReputationRep:
    United lost an 11-point lead to Arsenal in 97-98, too, in the last two months of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    Lets be honest although Arsenal were much better in the first half, United came back strong and in the last 30 mins were clearly the better side and showed on the territorial advantage not too sure if that constitutes 'outplaying' them.
    No actually we played sensibly for once and didn't go forward like idiots, allowing United to counter us and score. We let them have more of the ball but we remained relatively untroubled. Had the scores still been 0-0 I'm pretty sure we would've kept going forward and kept the pressure on United.

ReputationRep:
    I think if Fabregas started we would've lost or drawn as Anderson was there to take him out of the game as Fergie always plays him for that reason, but luckily Ramsey had Anderson in his pocket for most the game and played great.

ReputationRep:
    Can't beleive people want to get rid of Clichy! Apart from the Owen tackle, he was great, and I don't think people realise there are very few world class full backs about and we would regret letting him go.

Ramsey, Wilshere, Koscielny and Arshavin all immense too.

Definitely don't need a new keeper in the Summer either!

ReputationRep:
    Today felt good, really good.

We need to just do our jobs and carry on going.

Proud of the players today, a really mature performance. Nothing beautiful or lavish, but we kept an impressive clean sheet and scored a clinical goal.

ReputationRep:
    Terry did say, "If anyone can, Arsenal can"

ReputationRep:
    Ramsey and Wilshere: :gah:
    Arshavin's tackling: :lolwut:
    Box-to-box midfield pressure: :nooo:
    Not crumbling in the last 20 minutes: :woo::woo::woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Especially if we shock everyone and go and win the title.
    If only:coma:

ReputationRep:
    My ratings:

Szczesny - 7 - Little to do really, but did everything well, ran down the clock and made no mistakes.

Clichy - 6 - Probably our only weakness today, kept turning into trouble and lucky not to give away a pen, but hammered the ball clear towards the end.
    Djourou - 6.5 - Didn't really notice his efforts alongside an excellent partner, unfortunate to come off injured.
    Koscielny - 9 - Fantastic display. Led the defensive line well to keep Hernandez at bay and showed maturity and composure at the heart of defense. My MOTM.
    Sagna - 8 - Good, solid display again. Made an excellent interception in the first half to deny Hernandez a free shot on goal.
    ---------
    Squillaci - 6 - Actually played alright when he came on, though it was clear that Koscielny was the leader of the line today.

Ramsey - 8 - Clinical finish, good all-round play and excellent pressing.
    Wilshere - 8 - Mislaid a couple of passes but all-round link-up play and tackling was superb.
    Song - 8.5 - Kept Rooney quiet all game and resisted the usual urge to bomb forward. Made some excellent covering work when Sagna/Clichy went forward as well. Great stuff.

Nasri - 6 - Pretty quiet when he was on the pitch, didn't really receive much of the ball before he was taken off at HT.
    van Persie - 7.5 - Held the ball up well, great link-up play with the CMs and would probably have scored if it wasn't for Vidic's handball.
    Walcott - 7.5 - Looked lively on the wing, played a super ball in for van Persie that led to the penatly appeal.
    ------
    Eboue - 6 - N/A
    Arshavin - 7 - Excellent last-ditch tackles and looked really up for it. Didn't use his pace and trickery going forward though, which I'd have liked to have seen.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.