Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Occams Chainsaw)
    There will be a thread dedicated to im so academic when the time comes, I promise.
    I'll be waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I'll be waiting
    It'll be a couple of months, mind you. I'm going to wait until near the firm/insurance deadline which is May 5th

ReputationRep:
    It'll be a couple of months, mind you. I'm going to wait until near the firm/insurance deadline which is May 5th
    Ooooh, okay! Just in case you change your mind? (Go Cambridge )

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh, okay! Just in case you change your mind? (Go Cambridge )
    Yup. I also want to embrace and prolong the feeling of being a Cambridge offer holder tbh

ReputationRep:
    I just got back from a rugby match - make of that what you will :rofl:

Well done! Is that for straight philosophy?

I'm declining them all to go to Princeton but I'd firm Cambridge (Phy NatSci) probably if I had an unexpected change of heart.
    Well then, I was sort of close.

It is, unfortunately because I'm an Island student Cambridge is an instant no-no because of the fact that they ask for £14,662 in tuition fees as opposed to the £9,000 asked for by practically everyone else, and Oxford doesn't even offer the course, so St. Andrews and Durham are the top two for me.

That's quite impressive, congratulations on getting in there! It must be quite a nice thought that you're able to turn down Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Yup. I also want to embrace and prolong the feeling of being a Cambridge offer holder tbh
    :mmm:

I want to be able to say that next year :moon: I think I'll have a holiday so I don't stress in Christmas holz ..
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    So after revising history, I've come to the decision that if I don't get a job as a physical anthropology researcher and part time forensic anthropologist, I'm going to start a revolution and become a dictator. Seems much more fun anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy96)
    So after revising history, I've come to the decision that if I don't get a job as a physical anthropology researcher and part time forensic anthropologist, I'm going to start a revolution and become a dictator. Seems much more fun anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heil Tsar Lucy ! :awesome:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Heil Tsar Lucy ! :awesome:
    Bow down to me, peasant

Nah, you can be the Trotsky to my Lenin, or the Goebbels to my Hitler :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bow down to me, peasant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Goebbels, I love that guy. I want my art folder!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Bow down to me, peasant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm making notes on Russian history atm and I think I'm going to join you and become the next Stalin. Life is too dull and **** atm, being Stalin would be quite entertaining ​and it would save me from this boredom :rolleyes:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Goebbels, I love that guy. I want my art folder!!!!
    Same :lol: I think being Minister of Propaganda would be one of the more fun jobs in the Third Reich, I'd love it oooh I want to see more of it!
    (Original post by euphrosyne)
    I'm making notes on Russian history atm and I think I'm going to join you and become the next Stalin. Life is too dull and **** atm, being Stalin would be quite entertaining ​and it would save me from this boredom :rolleyes:
    Do it! It actually would :lol: regardless of the fact he killed millions of people (), he was a pretty hilarious guy. His demand for photo editing is simply amazing :lol: doesn't it just make him so much less scary? :mmm: I loved Russian history, I miss it a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Same :lol: I think being Minister of Propaganda would be one of the more fun jobs in the Third Reich, I'd love it oooh I want to see more of it!
    Yeah! His propaganda was far and wide :moon: in the architecture, the posters, everywhere...

I can't even remember it :sad want it back!

ReputationRep:
    Same :lol: Do it! It actually would :lol: regardless of the fact he killed millions of people (), he was a pretty hilarious guy. His demand for photo editing is simply amazing :lol: doesn't it just make him so much less scary? :mmm: I loved Russian history, I miss it a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh god definitely haha, despite the fact that he "killed more people than cancer" as my history teacher puts it (:lol:), he is an incredibly interesting and funny guy! He was too stupid and paranoid, thinking everyone was out to get him :rofl: I never realised he was so into photo editing, oh my god hahaha! He's too cool, just look at him :cool:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awesome_stalin.gif 
Views:	181 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	260909
    Russian history is very entertaining, but the coursework is frustrating. It is just too hard and doesn't seem to end... :mad:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And you'd make a very good dicktaker indeed

ReputationRep:
    Oh god definitely haha, despite the fact that he "killed more people than cancer" as my history teacher puts it (:lol:), he is an incredibly interesting and funny guy! He was too stupid and paranoid, thinking everyone was out to get him :rofl: I never realised he was so into photo editing, oh my god hahaha! He's too cool, just look at him :cool:

Russian history is very entertaining, but the coursework is frustrating. It is just too hard and doesn't seem to end... :mad:
    Such a hipster; photoshopping before we even knew what it was :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Such a hipster; photoshopping before we even knew what it was :yep:
    Oh look at you, you're back! :rolleyes:

Stalin was the definition of hipster.

Name:	hipster stalin.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	260922
    Attached Images

• TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! His propaganda was far and wide :moon: in the architecture, the posters, everywhere...

I can't even remember it :sad want it back!
    Haha yes GET IT BACK

Hahaha yup, oops but he seriously is! Exactly, killing everyone around him in case they took away his precious power; what a crazy guy hahaha isn't it great?! He'd edit himself into pictures with Lenin too. Obviously people noticed, but everyone was too scared to say something that is the best picture of him ever :lol:

True, I'll probably feel your pain when I start my coursework, though it's on Civil Rights so even more boring :cry:
    And you'd make a very good dicktaker indeed
    Hahaha :lol: you know it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha yup, oops but he seriously is! Exactly, killing everyone around him in case they took away his precious power; what a crazy guy hahaha isn't it great?! He'd edit himself into pictures with Lenin too. Obviously people noticed, but everyone was too scared to say something that is the best picture of him ever :lol:

True, I'll probably feel your pain when I start my coursework, though it's on Civil Rights so even more boring :cry:
    He was definitely a lunatic :teehee: He did that?! I never knew he used doctored photos to make his 'friendship' with Lenin seem more real, what a smart **** :rofl:

I quite liked studying Civil Rights I did it in AS and found the course quite entertaining (but depressing).

ReputationRep:
    Oh look at you, you're back! :rolleyes:

Stalin was the definition of hipster.

Name:	hipster stalin.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	260922
    So this is the famous Stalin! Ashamed to admit, he was pretty good looking

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.