Woo!

Otherwise I would be a sexist feminist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inferiormadbeing)
    :rofl:

Karen on the otherhand is an estranged feminist. :eek4:
    :proud:

ReputationRep:
    well we've got to do something to keep ourselves amused...

ReputationRep:
    i dont like the whole feminist thing. :s:

EQUALITY. but even then men WERE the main bringer homers i guess. but thats irrelevant now cos i can be just as/more successful than silly men :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    the dishwasher was invented
    feminism was born

ReputationRep:
    Incorrect answer Kazzy and Simey. YOU BOTH FAIL PUBLIC LAW.

The correct answers are:

A joint committee of the two chambers in order to negotiative amendments in the event of any dispute between them

New scrutiny committees to give the HoL more constitutional watchdog POWERRRRS

HoL given a total veto or extended delaying power over constitutional acts

And a whole load of other crap I can't be bothered to type. This is surprisingly interesting, I'm shocked at myself for enjoying my course :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Negotiative. I like that I make up random words when trying to just copy some texts from something written.

ReputationRep:
    i neeeed to do work. i cant be bothered

ReputationRep:
    *retracts her statement*

Kazzy was righttt. Okay so I hadn't finished the article but STILL. More women and ethnic minorities in the HoL. At least 30% or something. Woop. The law is starting to become sensible.

ReputationRep:
    Do not go to population and expect to be bright and cheery for a 9am lecture. It doesn't work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darielle)
    *retracts her statement*

Kazzy was righttt. Okay so I hadn't finished the article but STILL. More women and ethnic minorities in the HoL. At least 30% or something. Woop. The law is starting to become sensible.
    :party:
    Aren't I good :p:

And for the record, I wouldn't actually call myself feminist. Yes I'm quite sensitive to sexist issues, partly because of the sexist attitude my dad has and possibly partly due to having lived in a Muslim country, but I'm not about to go out and burn all my bras or anything. There are many instances where women are discriminated against purely for being female, but then there are also instances where men are discriminated against.

Anyhoo.
    What is the verdict on Population?

Where we went up to in Crookes has an amazing panoramic view of the city sprawling out below. Will have to go back there in the daylight to see the view again. ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brak3n)

And for the record, I wouldn't actually call myself feminist. Yes I'm quite sensitive to sexist issues, partly because of the sexist attitude my dad has and possibly partly due to having lived in a Muslim country, but I'm not about to go out and burn all my bras or anything. There are many instances where women are discriminated against purely for being female, but then there are also instances where men are discriminated against.

Anyhoo.

Where we went up to in Crookes has an amazing panoramic view of the city sprawling out below. Will have to go back there in the daylight to see the view again. ;yes;

Yeah i didn't think you were some raving feminist :p: I agree with you, some stuff yah, i don't get offended by things like "cook the dinner" etc!

Where else have you lived?

I'm sooooo tired. I want to stay at home and get stressed about coursework again and write just 200 words in a day, and not go to my stupid lectures.
    grr. :hmpf:

ReputationRep:

Anyhoo.

Phew. :p:

(Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    the dishwasher was invented
    feminism was born
    :rofl:

Its such a lovely day!

We got you handouts for this morning FiL.

ReputationRep:
    I lived in Kuwait for about 4 years, between the ages of 6 and 10. Ages ago, but the memories are so vivid I constantly relate to experiences when living there. My dad only moved back to England from Kuwait in 2005, so I visited the country several times even after leaving. He's moving to Saudi sometime this month to start a new job, but I don't think I'll be visiting there :p: (Tried working in England, but after so long working abroad the working conditions and tax in this country couldn't keep him satisfied!)
    And thus, my keen desire to live and work abroad is revealed.

ReputationRep:
    verdict on population : it was ok music.....but the dancefloor was empty (and i mean empty) until like half twelve....
    we got there at eleven and for an hour and a half there was only like 30 of us (maximum) in the club.....so me, darielle and kia chose to drink to make it more fun......BAD DECISION :s
    and now off for some retail therapy

ReputationRep:
    I lived in Kuwait for about 4 years, between the ages of 6 and 10. Ages ago, but the memories are so vivid I constantly relate to experiences when living there. My dad only moved back to England from Kuwait in 2005, so I visited the country several times even after leaving. He's moving to Saudi sometime this month to start a new job, but I don't think I'll be visiting there :p: (Tried working in England, but after so long working abroad the working conditions and tax in this country couldn't keep him satisfied!)
    And thus, my keen desire to live and work abroad is revealed.

Wow, that's cool! You learn something new every day :p: I thought you'd been in Preston since forever, nothing that exciting anyway! Is it hard with him being abroad or is it somehting you've managed to get used to? To be honest i don't blame him and can fully understand it. But it must be difficult!

Tutut was Christopher not in his lecture? :eek: rascal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ria06)
    verdict on population : it was ok music.....but the dancefloor was empty (and i mean empty) until like half twelve....
    we got there at eleven and for an hour and a half there was only like 30 of us (maximum) in the club.....so me, darielle and kia chose to drink to make it more fun......BAD DECISION :s
    and now off for some retail therapy
    Serves you right for going out on a SCHOOL NIGHT! tut.

ReputationRep:
    it was darielle who suggested doing shots....i am a sheep.... i follow

ReputationRep:
    Bad Dazi! Bad Ria!!

:p:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.