Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society XVI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    Dunno. All they want me to do is "talking therapy"
    Could ask them. Hang in there, ok? It can and will improve.

ReputationRep:
    Because of my OCPD. I don't want to change, I just want to know how to live with it. The dysthymia and ocpd just feed off each other
    How come you don't want to change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Abusive relationships
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That's difficult I'm sorry to hear that. I myself and I know a lot of others who have been mistreated suffer similarly from this kind of thing. I think what happens is once someone treats you badly especially when you're young you get the subconscious message that that's normal or okay even though it hurts. Then you go through life sort of with your vulnerabilities on show because you expect to be mistreated because that's what you're used to. And when it happens or you notice it happen you become more accepting or you just don't question it until it's too late and maybe the damage has already been done. It's never your fault if someone behaves in an abusive way but I'm sure that the therapist can help you understand how to notice what's potentially unhealthy.
    Thank you for that. I've been feeling unnecessarily angry recently and I think that's helped a little bit.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    How come you don't want to change?
    This is me. All my little quirks (I have so far a list of 26) I've had forever. I can't change them even if I wanted to.

(Original post by Pathway)
    Could ask them. Hang in there, ok? It can and will improve.
    I'll ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crystalz)
    Thank you for that. I've been feeling unnecessarily angry recently and I think that's helped a little bit.
    Aw I'm glad it helped a bit :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Psnic attack :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    This is me. All my little quirks (I have so far a list of 26) I've had forever. I can't change them even if I wanted to.

I'll ask.
    Fair enough. Tbh I would think that learning to live with what's going on is possibly easier than trying to get rid of everything entirely. So you've got that on your side I think. :dontknow:

It's always good to have a goal in mind and it sounds like you do.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Fair enough. Tbh I would think that learning to live with what's going on is possibly easier than trying to get rid of everything entirely. So you've got that on your side I think. :dontknow:

It's always good to have a goal in mind and it sounds like you do.
    Probably would be easier but it is long term therapy and will probably suck for a while.

ReputationRep:
    Probably would be easier but it is long term therapy and will probably suck for a while.
    Yeah, long term therapy sucks but if it gets you where you want to be it's worth it? Just don't give up. :console:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Yeah, long term therapy sucks but if it gets you where you want to be it's worth it? Just don't give up. :console:
    I don't even know if I'll reach it

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know if I'll reach it
    If you put the work in, I'm confident that you can get where you want to be. And hey, it's worth a shot right? I'm a big believer in trying everything, as you don't know until you try. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work but at least you can say you tried. Sorry if this sounds kinda lecturey or patronizing.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    If you put the work in, I'm confident that you can get where you want to be. And hey, it's worth a shot right? I'm a big believer in trying everything, as you don't know until you try. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work but at least you can say you tried. Sorry if this sounds kinda lecturey or patronizing.
    It doesn't. I'm just tired of everything
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Yet another triggering thread. Great. :cry2: might as well leave this ****hole place and never come back :getmecoat:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Yet another triggering thread. Great. :cry2: might as well leave this ****hole place and never come back :getmecoat:
    Here if you want to talk lovey :hugs:

--

My mum doesn't understand that I have to do Wednesday's task on my own... She wants me to bring my sister but I have to do it on my own... It's going to be hard but I have to do it eventually and I might as well start now so I get used to it... It's a special thing for people who have needs like I do and she doesn't know that and I can't tell here that because then she would ask why I get it. I've tried explaining in the past and it's so stupid.

It makes me feel so stupid and I can't even convince my mum that I can do this on my own. Maybe I should just give up even trying to convince them I'm okay. Because if I can't convince them, I have no ****ing chance of doing the same to myself.

ReputationRep:
    Text if you want?

---------

So dissociated. Cba to ground, nothing works anyway. Probably safer to stay like this. No ****ing idea ha.

ReputationRep:
    Feel ****. Why won't they leave me alone? I don't want to do what they say but I can't see any alternative.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Feel ****. Why won't they leave me alone? I don't want to do what they say but I can't see any alternative.
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    Keep thinking I'm back home and that he's going to get me. **** sake. Can't ****ing do this

ReputationRep:
    :console:
    Btw, did you get triggered in MH? If so could you report it to avoid others also getting triggered. Elsewhere....sorry to hear, a lot of people don't understand the impact they can have on others. I'd urge you not to leave though if you find the MHSS useful.

ReputationRep:
    :cry2:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.