The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
Zayn is Bae
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Feel like we'll see a side of Mourinho that we haven't seen before. At Porto and Inter his project was done, at Chelsea and Real he was sacked, we'll give him time and he'll always have a challenge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zayn is Bae)
Feel like we'll see a side of Mourinho that we haven't seen before. At Porto and Inter his project was done, at Chelsea and Real he was sacked, we'll give him time and he'll always have a challenge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
At Real he left to go to Chelsea.
Zayn is Bae
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bammy jastard 27)
At Real he left to go to Chelsea.
Just like Van Gaal is gonna retire now then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Really happy about today, great to get a hold of some silverware again. For all of his other shortcomings, I hope people remember the foundations laid by LvG; cleaning up the squad, bringing through young players and hopefully ingraining that winning mentality back into our club after the win today.

As for Mourinho, you better ****ing do things properly.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)

As for Mourinho, you better ****ing do things properly.
Cc Kenan has finally given the thumbs up to Mourry Dawg!

Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
Cc Kenan has finally given the thumbs up to Mourry Dawg!

Reluctantly
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Valencia was MOTM btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wazza, despite his few loose passes
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Would you really have a problem if he did that for us next year though?
Yes.

Our fans have spent 2 years complaining about LvG's 'boring' football, why should that be any different under Mourinho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We heard that when he joined Chelsea for a second time, turns out it was, unsurprisingly, nonsense.
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mojojojo101)
Yes.

Our fans have spent 2 years complaining about LvG's 'boring' football, why should that be any different under Mourinho.
Because we'd win the title rather than come 5th lol
Zayn is Bae
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mojojojo101)
Yes.

We heard that when he joined Chelsea for a second time, turns out it was, unsurprisingly, nonsense.
Except I've just explained why it'll be different this time, he'll get at least 3 years to make any changes he likes with no backroom pressure

Posted from TSR Mobile
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Except I've just explained why it'll be different this time, he'll get at least 3 years to make any changes he likes with no backroom pressure

Posted from TSR Mobile
He was going to get that at Chelsea but then he decides to constructively dismiss our backroom staff and alongside some shocking players contrives a way to put us a point above relegation at Xmas.

If that was Van Gaal or Moyes having Chelsea's season this year they'd have been gone by October.
banterboy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Assuming the reports are true i think (and hope tbh) that Jose is pissed that the news has come out on the same day as the FA cup win.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like your optimism.
Zayn is Bae
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bammy jastard 27)
He was going to get that at Chelsea but then he decides to constructively dismiss our backroom staff and alongside some shocking players contrives a way to put us a point above relegation at Xmas.

If that was Van Gaal or Moyes having Chelsea's season this year they'd have been gone by October.
Yeah so you ended up sacking the guy, bringing in an interim manager when your season is already over who to be quite frank does a failure of a job, and then appointed whilst still a brilliant ultimately an inferior manager who has a huge rebuilding job on his hand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Convinced the people who are opposing Mourinho are trolling. At least suggest a better alternative rather than just sprouting the usual ****e. He isn't stupid and he knows all about the club's values and philosophy which he'll respect. I believe the club would have instructed him on how they want him to go about things anyways. He'll finally have some freedom too. Jose is a winner and should have come here years ago as SAF's replacement. All of you guys know he's the best man for the job deep down. Let's put things right now.

As for rival fans they are salty af and don't want us to appoint Mou because they know we'll become a formidable force again.
James.Carnell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Convinced the people who are opposing Mourinho are trolling. At least suggest a better alternative rather than just sprouting the usual ****e. He isn't stupid and he knows all about the club's values and philosophy which he'll respect. I believe the club would have instructed him on how they want him to go about things anyways. He'll finally have some freedom too. Jose is a winner and should have come here years ago as SAF's replacement. All of you guys know he's the best man for the job deep down. Let's put things right now.

As for rival fans they are salty af and don't want us to appoint Mou because they know we'll become a formidable force again.
Quite a complex you have there mate. Are you hearing voices inside your head ?
TheDefiniteArticle
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think the thing is that it needs to be a longer-term rebuilding. If you compare the squad from 2009 to the one today, they're just miles apart. I actually strongly believed that Moyes should've been given another season. LVG I'm less certain about, but I also suspect that armchair pundits rate particular players very badly wrongly and there's a reason the likes of Fellaini keep getting picked (even though he's absolute ****e to watch).

Kinda wish there was a football version of Moneyball tbh, think it would be really interesting.
StrangerthanEleven
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What a nice way to end an otherwise horrible season.

Bit harsh for Van Gaal Mourinho rumours leaked so soon.. but nothing the club can do I guess.

Roll on next season, excited already. With Pep, Jose, Klopp, Wenger and Conte battling it out.. sure as hell won't be boring!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol @ thinking Mourinho will stay for more than 2-3 years
Lol @ thinking Mourinho will play attacking football
Lol @ thinking Mourinho will play any young players
shawn_o1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hayles101)
What a nice way to end an otherwise horrible season.

Bit harsh for Van Gaal Mourinho rumours leaked so soon.. but nothing the club can do I guess.

Roll on next season, excited already. With Pep, Jose, Klopp, Wenger and Conte battling it out.. sure as hell won't be boring!

Posted from TSR Mobile
He ain't heavy, he's a bottler...
(No one will be surprised once he finally fails to meet the minimum requirement, and goes)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (54)
19.71%
Unconditional if firmed (22)
8.03%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.73%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (9)
3.28%
No unconditional offers (187)
68.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed