ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beneb)
    Ramsey and Wilshere: :gah:
    Arshavin's tackling: :lolwut:
    Box-to-box midfield pressure: :nooo:
    Not crumbling in the last 20 minutes: :woo::woo::woo:
    This

ReputationRep:
    How is it still possible for Arsenal to win the title?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatest21)
    Mathematically, is possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatest21)
    I'll quote from the match discussion thread:

(Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Good game - well deserved. I hope Chelsea beat Utd.. and Utd draw against Blackburn etc..

1 - Arsenal - 76 Points W-W-W
    2 - Manchester Utd - 75 points L-D-D
    3 - Chelsea - 75 points W-D-D

ReputationRep:
    Good win, but it's a case of too little too late really.

It's matches like these that make the Newcastle, WBA, Bolton, Wigan, and L'Pool ordeals so much more painful to look back at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    My ratings:

Szczesny - 7 - Little to do really, but did everything well, ran down the clock and made no mistakes.

Clichy - 6 - Probably our only weakness today, kept turning into trouble and lucky not to give away a pen, but hammered the ball clear towards the end.
    Djourou - 6.5 - Didn't really notice his efforts alongside an excellent partner, unfortunate to come off injured.
    Koscielny - 9 - Fantastic display. Led the defensive line well to keep Hernandez at bay and showed maturity and composure at the heart of defense. My MOTM.
    Sagna - 8 - Good, solid display again. Made an excellent interception in the first half to deny Hernandez a free shot on goal.
    ---------
    Squillaci - 6 - Actually played alright when he came on, though it was clear that Koscielny was the leader of the line today.

Ramsey - 8 - Clinical finish, good all-round play and excellent pressing.
    Wilshere - 8 - Mislaid a couple of passes but all-round link-up play and tackling was superb.
    Song - 8.5 - Kept Rooney quiet all game and resisted the usual urge to bomb forward. Made some excellent covering work when Sagna/Clichy went forward as well. Great stuff.

Nasri - 6 - Pretty quiet when he was on the pitch, didn't really receive much of the ball before he was taken off at HT.
    van Persie - 7.5 - Held the ball up well, great link-up play with the CMs and would probably have scored if it wasn't for Vidic's handball.
    Walcott - 7.5 - Looked lively on the wing, played a super ball in for van Persie that led to the penatly appeal.
    ------
    Eboue - 6 - N/A
    Arshavin - 7 - Excellent last-ditch tackles and looked really up for it. Didn't use his pace and trickery going forward though, which I'd have liked to have seen.
    Pretty much spot on, I think.

Bittersweet match, this. It was reassuring if not wholeheartedly joyous, considering the circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    I hope this win doesn't paper over the cracks and 3 or 4 purchases are made in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beneb)
    I'll quote from the match discussion thread:

No chance of that happening but if it does then I'll be left speechless and will purchase a United shirt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    I hope this win doesn't paper over the cracks and 3 or 4 purchases are made in the summer.
    Today showed you are easily capable of beating the league leaders without fabregas (although to do it over a whole season is a different question). but if it came to selling him for (even £40-50m) you'll easily have enough cash to patch up the weak areas of the squad and come out stronger next season :yy:

ReputationRep:
    How was arsenals cup final today :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Today showed you are easily capable of beating the league leaders without fabregas (although to do it over a whole season is a different question). but if it came to selling him for (even £40-50m) you'll easily have enough cash to patch up the weak areas of the squad and come out stronger next season :yy:
    I think todays win had much to do with the pressure being off their shoulders so I wouldn't read too much in to it , I believe we would have lost today if we were going for the title. Fabregas is a key member of the squad but any offer over £35m should be accepted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Much better than our last

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychotic546)
    Much better than our last
    Mediocre teams always seem to do well against superior opposition in cup finals :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic performance by Ramsey, and he can't be at his best having played so little. Our best midfield player and he hasn't played much. Next season he will be immense.
    Today:
    60 passes (more than any other player) & 92% pass completion rate!

Was also our youngest team fielded this season. I hope Wenger doesn't realise that =/

ReputationRep:
    I really don't understand why Diaby consistently starts ahead of Ramsey.

Fabregas, Wilshere, Ramsey and Song is the future of our midfield.

We could even go diamond:

Fabregas

Wilshere Ramsey

Song

:coma:

And all four of them know how to gel it up :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Mediocre teams always seem to do well against superior opposition in cup finals :mmm:
    Haha well we'll see if Robbie's right, we'll lose every game from now to end of the season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Another case of *******itus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beneb)
    Ramsey and Wilshere: :gah:
    Arshavin's tackling: :lolwut:
    Box-to-box midfield pressure: :nooo:
    Not crumbling in the last 20 minutes: :woo::woo::woo:
    Literally this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    I really don't understand why Diaby consistently starts ahead of Ramsey.

Fabregas, Wilshere, Ramsey and Song is the future of our midfield.

We could even go diamond:

Fabregas

Wilshere Ramsey

Song

:coma:

And all four of them know how to gel it up :coma:
    Would be amazing when they turned on the style BUT already we have problems with being too narrow. Also what about Nasri!

Tbf with that you can imagine ANY run from Walcott and he'd have the ball on a plate from any of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Literally this.
    Arshavin defended and chased back like the ball was a roll of bacon!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.