Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euphrosyne)
    Oh look at you, you're back! :rolleyes:

Stalin was the definition of hipster.
    Attachment 260922
    I love the guys hair style got to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyUchiha)
    So this is the famous Stalin! Ashamed to admit, he was pretty good looking
    I agree with you. He was a hot teenager

(Original post by Qari)
    I love the guys hair style got to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I second that :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Who here watches Sherlock?

Also anyone here who is a gamer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How do people remember when to use fleming lefy & right hand rules?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone started or planning to start revision soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy96)
    Same :lol: I think being Minister of Propaganda would be one of the more fun jobs in the Third Reich, I'd love it oooh I want to see more of it!

Do it! It actually would :lol: regardless of the fact he killed millions of people (), he was a pretty hilarious guy. His demand for photo editing is simply amazing :lol: doesn't it just make him so much less scary? :mmm: I loved Russian history, I miss it a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would you do my coursework on the Russian Revolution then? It's stressing me out!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    Would you do my coursework on the Russian Revolution then? It's stressing me out!
    Sure! what's your question or area of focus, out of curiosity?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sure! what's your question or area of focus, out of curiosity?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Assess the view that it was mainly the failure of the Provisional Government that made possible the Bolshevik takeover of October 1917. We're doing investigations for this coursework so I've been living in the library finding historians' views to evaluate, the topic is very interesting but long
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Assess the view that it was mainly the failure of the Provisional Government that made possible the Bolshevik takeover of October 1917. We're doing investigations for this coursework so I've been living in the library finding historians' views to evaluate, the topic is very interesting but long
    THAT'S THE MOST AMAZING QUESTION EVER :love::love: I answered a nearly identical question to that in my AS exam, I'm so so jealous right now Obviously you'll have to go into a lot more detail than I had to in a 30 mark question though :lol: sounds quite the challenge! I'm sure you'll do amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    THAT'S THE MOST AMAZING QUESTION EVER :love::love: I answered a nearly identical question to that in my AS exam, I'm so so jealous right now Obviously you'll have to go into a lot more detail than I had to in a 30 mark question though :lol: sounds quite the challenge! I'm sure you'll do amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wish I could trade with you There's so much to talk about, there's no way I'd have time to talk about ALL the PG's weaknesses in an hour exam since they were pretty much a joke of a government are you doing a different topic for A2 then?
    Thank you! Though I'm not sure if I'll do well since most of the class got a lot of criticism getting the first draft back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    BTW how good are you at chess?
    Very Can you play? Nobody on Tsr seems to want to try me :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Occams Chainsaw)
    Very Can you play? Nobody on Tsr seems to want to try me :dontknow:
    Yh, not sure how good I am. It isn't that hard to be honest. All it consists of is moving a bunch of pieces and trying not to get trapped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    Yh, not sure how good I am. It isn't that hard to be honest. All it consists of is moving a bunch of pieces and trying not to get trapped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sure, and maths consists of shuffling symbols on a page. Easy peasy :bigsmile:

My chess.com rating is 1950 right now. It was 2100 but I went on a losing streak when trying out blind chess If you want, we can play tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    How do people remember when to use fleming lefy & right hand rules?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can derive each using field mathematics, but the shorthand approach would be to learn that for a process where electrical energy is being converted into some form of kinesis (i.e. a motor) then it is the left hand rule, and where kinetic energy is being converted to electrical energy (i.e. a generator) then it is the right hand rule. More accurately, the left hand rule will convey the direction of the net magnetic force acting on a current carrying capacitor in a magnetic field and the right hand rule will convey the direction of the induced electromotive force due to a change in (the rate of) magnetic flux.

You can think of some kind of memory trick to help this. Perhaps we drive (motor) on the LEFT hand side in the UK? Likewise the word geneRatoR has 2 Rs - standing for Right, and no Ls?

This may seem harsh, but I think part of the reason people get annoyed with these questions is because most of the time you can find out yourself through google or a textbook.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could trade with you There's so much to talk about, there's no way I'd have time to talk about ALL the PG's weaknesses in an hour exam since they were pretty much a joke of a government are you doing a different topic for A2 then?
    Thank you! Though I'm not sure if I'll do well since most of the class got a lot of criticism getting the first draft back
    Same there is! Haha that's so true, and yes, they were pretty pathetic; they managed to achieve absolutely nothing. I am! You're welcome well it's only a first draft so you needn't worry. I'm sure with a bit of direction it'll all be okay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Everyone wants you to shut up mate. Not to be rude, but sorry it's the truth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where did that come from? :eek: The first one could be seen as irritating but was just trying to initiate conversation, but the second post was asking a genuine question! No-one's forcing you to read it if you don't want to...

But now I've got that off my chest, how's everyone tonight?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sure, and maths consists of shuffling symbols on a page. Easy peasy :bigsmile:

My chess.com rating is 1950 right now. It was 2100 but I went on a losing streak when trying out blind chess If you want, we can play tomorrow
    Sure and better than my rating. It is like 1100 i didn't know how to use it at the start.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llewellyn)
    You can derive each using field mathematics, but the shorthand approach would be to learn that for a process where electrical energy is being converted into some form of kinesis (i.e. a motor) then it is the left hand rule, and where kinetic energy is being converted to electrical energy (i.e. a generator) then it is the right hand rule. More accurately, the left hand rule will convey the direction of the net magnetic force acting on a current carrying capacitor in a magnetic field and the right hand rule will convey the direction of the induced electromotive force due to a change in (the rate of) magnetic flux.

You can think of some kind of memory trick to help this. Perhaps we drive (motor) on the LEFT hand side in the UK? Likewise the word geneRatoR has 2 Rs - standing for Right, and no Ls?

This may seem harsh, but I think part of the reason people get annoyed with these questions is because most of the time you can find out yourself through google or a textbook.
    Thanks for the help.
    I did check the book but I couldn't think of a way to remember them.
    The road thing helps as well as the generator thing

And I rarely ask for help on here.
    Ask any of the regular posters I have hardly asked for help in this thread before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    Sure and better than my rating. It is like 1100 i didn't know how to use it at the start.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alright. It's a date
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Alright. It's a date
    :lol:
    Can't wait what time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.