Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys
    Anyone leaving for Oxford from Paddington around 5 tomorrow?
    Or if not, is anyone going to be in St. Peters from tomorrow till the 12th?

ReputationRep:
    I'll be at St Peters from Thursday till the 12th. What r u applying for ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danniegee)
    Hi everyone!

This time last year, I was disappointed to not be able to find much information from applicants to Oxford on their interview experiences, so I made a video to try and help you guys out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCYhF8B0pbM

This video is about my own experience - everyone has a completely different experience of interviews, so please don't worry if your reaction to interviews is different to mine!

I hope it helps
    I really liked this video, thank you! I feel more excited than nervous about my interview now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else stalking this page, getting excited whenever someone has an interview at the same college/subject or nah?
    Asking for a friend...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nichole199810)
    I'll be at St Peters from Thursday till the 12th. What r u applying for ?
    Modern Languages and you?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone getting there by car, how bad is it driving into the centre of Oxford? Is the traffic ridiculous or okay? I'm debating whether to get the park and ride in or just get dropped off outside my college
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Georgiexlouise)
    Anyone getting there by car, how bad is it driving into the centre of Oxford? Is the traffic ridiculous or okay? I'm debating whether to get the park and ride in or just get dropped off outside my college
    Avoid driving into central Oxford if possible. If you're literally just being dropped off then it'd probably be alright but if you're intending to park, unless it's one of the colleges further out, it's probably a bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question lol, do u reckon they'll have an iron there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longsightdon)
    For chemistry is it likely most applicants will have to stay until wednesday next week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes that's what the interview timetable says:
    http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...view-timetable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariashamak)
    Modern Languages and you?
    Same! Spanish and beginners portuguese

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathlete2198)
    I know. But I would've thought they want more girls studying CS/CSP. That's why I'm just a bit confused if you get me?
    I think you're right that they do pay particular attention to the applications of girls who just miss out on being invited to interview. But if they've done that and reckon the chance of them giving you a place is incredibly slim, it's kinder not to drag you up to Oxford for interviews. They might be able to take slightly weaker female candidates, but they can't take candidates who are much weaker.

Don't forget that CS at Oxford has more applicants per place than almost any other course at Oxford or Cambridge. If you've been rejected you might still be very good (and perhaps would have got an interview a few years ago when there was less competition) but sadly you didn't measure up to the top applicants this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nichole199810)
    Same! Spanish and beginners portuguese
    Oh, that's so great! I have finally found someone!
    Would you like to meet after the interview and like have lunch or something?

ReputationRep:
    GUYS. I had two interviews for English. One was atrocious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiexlouise)
    It's pretty easy to get dropped off at the train station and from there most colleges are easily within walking distance 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Finished all my interviews so I can relax now until January, so happy! Best of luck to everyone who is still doing them/yet to start!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitchentowel1)
    GUYS. I had two interviews for English. One was atrocious.
    Same :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsianMetalhead)
    Anyone else stalking this page, getting excited whenever someone has an interview at the same college/subject or nah?
    Asking for a friend...
    Yes! But the medics probably won't surface properly until the weekend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Balls. I had two interviews for Biochem and I can't say they went well. I enjoyed them and it was a great experience, I learnt a lot! But oh my they could have gone better...

Good luck everyone staying in Oxford! If you get the chance go to Christ Church meadow, and also indulge in the ice cream/pizza bagels at D&G's (near the city centre)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mechanism)
    Balls. I had two interviews for Biochem and I can't say they went well. I enjoyed them and it was a great experience, I learnt a lot! But oh my they could have gone better...

Good luck everyone staying in Oxford! If you get the chance go to Christ Church meadow, and also indulge in the ice cream/pizza bagels at D&G's (near the city centre)
    Ah, it's OK, don't worry! Everyone always thinks that their interviews didn't go well To be honest, there's no way to really tell!

*G&D's Yeah, I agree. Try and visit the Covered Market too if you have time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danniegee)
    Ah, it's OK, don't worry! Everyone always thinks that their interviews didn't go well To be honest, there's no way to really tell!

*G&D's Yeah, I agree. Try and visit the Covered Market too if you have time
    Oops, soz, it's been a long three days haha!
    And yeah, everything I told myself to do (think before you speak, don't make stupid comments) I did the exact opposite . It was really fun either way although I'm already cringing at myself haha!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.