Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Ridiculously late reply sorry! D:

A okay. It's basically that but with languages and the end result is teaching/leader in a foreign language! :ahee:

Yes I do. Of course.
    That doesn't sound sad at all! Really cool! I was supposed to teach myself this summer... That kinda failed. Yep! I've heard of Young Enterprise. Some of my friends did it last year. ^_^ Ah okay! Well... Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha no problem

And oohh right I see, something different definitely!

Do you have a local rink or do it in like the park or something? First is definitely a lot easier if you want to learn. And yeah Young Enterprise was urm... Interesting. We weren't very good and lost most our money but it was quite an experience xD
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by AdamCee)
    Haha no problem

And oohh right I see, something different definitely!

Do you have a local rink or do it in like the park or something? First is definitely a lot easier if you want to learn. And yeah Young Enterprise was urm... Interesting. We weren't very good and lost most our money but it was quite an experience xD
    Agreed. :yep:

Idk. I'd have to check, it's possible! I think I'm just worried about falling over but if I don't... I won't learn! :rofl: Aw, haha! I'm sure it was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. :yep:

Idk. I'd have to check, it's possible! I think I'm just worried about falling over but if I don't... I won't learn! :rofl: Aw, haha! I'm sure it was.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know it's easier to say but honestly falling over doesn't hurt - I used to do jumps when I went regularly (about 13-14) and would fail 2/5 of the higher ones and still haven't damaged anything :P

I would put a video as proof but I deleted all the ones of me flopping... Unsurprisingly...
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    And yeah Young Enterprise was urm... Interesting. We weren't very good and lost most our money but it was quite an experience xD
    Can't have been worse than mine. I did it two years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Can't have been worse than mine. I did it two years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We lost £150-200, forgot which.

Our product which never actually got developed had about £100 invested into it but our "sales team" screwed up, when it should have cost £300 but they never actually realised? Or something like that. And we lost the £100. Idrk but it went wrong

What about you?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    We lost £150-200, forgot which.

Our product which never actually got developed had about £100 invested into it but our "sales team" screwed up, when it should have cost £300 but they never actually realised? Or something like that. And we lost the £100. Idrk but it went wrong

What about you?
    Initially we made CDs and sold them getting about £200-300. Then we thought we'd make an app..... There may or may not be 20 grand sat in cyberspace somewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Initially we made CDs and sold them getting about £200-300. Then we thought we'd make an app..... There may or may not be 20 grand sat in cyberspace somewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
    An app!?! Same!

We were going to make an IMDb but for games and music and gadgets where you could find items and rate them and stuff instead of films (if that makes sense)

I was given the job as IT Manager even though I'm far from any IT expert - there were about 3 people in our group better than me at it but hey ho and it was gonna be me that had to make it.... Ofc, it never happened :P

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me and a friend on planning on making an app by next summer idk what you're all talking about I just saw app and decided to pop in

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    An app!?! Same!

We were going to make an IMDb but for games and music and gadgets where you could find items and rate them and stuff instead of films (if that makes sense)

I was given the job as IT Manager even though I'm far from any IT expert - there were about 3 people in our group better than me at it but hey ho and it was gonna be me that had to make it.... Ofc, it never happened :P
    Hahaha yeah, I was the ICT guy. Ours was to teach kids English and maths

(Original post by Trihawk7)
    Me and a friend on planning on making an app by next summer idk what you're all talking about I just saw app and decided to pop in

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cool. If you need any pointers just ask. We're on about young enterprise

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just asking, but do you know java?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha yeah, I was the ICT guy. Ours was to teach kids English and maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yeah? That's a decent idea. Although you'd have had a fair bit of competition with MyMaths which already exists
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Trihawk7)
    Just asking, but do you know java?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know bits of Hannah JavaScript

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Oh yeah? That's a decent idea. Although you'd have had a fair bit of competition with MyMaths which already exists
    Not for 3 to 8 year olds

I know bits of JavaScript

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I know it's easier to say but honestly falling over doesn't hurt - I used to do jumps when I went regularly (about 13-14) and would fail 2/5 of the higher ones and still haven't damaged anything :P

I would put a video as proof but I deleted all the ones of me flopping... Unsurprisingly...
    ... But still?! :eek: Ah okay, idk how or when I will try to learn how to rollerskate again! I guess 'failing' is part of improving anyway.

I bet that you're pretty good! You said you've been doing it since you were younger!

:eek::eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ??

I know bits of Hannah JavaScript

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hannah JavaScript? Anyway Java and JavaScript are totally different things shame the doesn't say so...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    :eek:
    I didn't reply to you + I need to go and do some revision. I will reply to you soon, sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I've heard it, now I come to think of it but it's not a popular saying where I live.

Oh wow! Congrats! Look at the OP for mine. :ahee:

Pretty good thanks! I've done some revison and hw today. :ahee: How are you?

Oh wow! That is a lot of Smiggle stuff but it does sound pretty cool. I'll definitely check shop out if I see one. Or I could look at their website!

I'm good thanks + it's the halfterm soon! Yes indeedy! :rofl: That reminds me of this (below) :mmmt: -

^ :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm really good, over the weekend I was training at a squash academy for under 17s.
    Tomorrow I am going to the house parliament for the mind and rethink charities, both respective mental health organisations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chemister)
    I'm really good, over the weekend I was training at a squash academy for under 17s.
    Tomorrow I am going to the house parliament for the mind and rethink charities, both respective mental health organisations.
    I think i know what you mean, which group are you going with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmiggleWiggle)
    I think i know what you mean, which group are you going with?
    The annual national meet
    I'm representing Hammersmith and fulham bot group and there's going to be eleven of us.
    Are you part of a group?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chemister)
    The annual national meet
    I'm representing Hammersmith and fulham bot group and there's going to be eleven of us.
    Are you part of a group?
    Have a frappochinocious and merry time!
    Yuss iam well I don't really attend the meetups anymore its n the borough of Merton and it's shaired by the borough of Wandsworth. It's called TOD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.