Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Really struggling tonight

Lung aches to buggery, think im gonna struggle to sleep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wanted to say this is a really great tool for people like us who are living with mental illness and I will Deffo make use of it!! Well done!! :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Really struggling tonight

Lung aches to buggery, think im gonna struggle to sleep

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs:

(Original post by Amysixthform)
    Hi just wanted to say this is a really great tool for people like us who are living with mental illness and I will Deffo make use of it!! Well done!! :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Welcome.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, welcome How's it going?

ReputationRep:
    I hate myself so much. Wish i was someone completely different, always feel so insignificant, useless and inadequate. How do I stop feeling this way? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cake_lover)
    I hate myself so much. Wish i was someone completely different, always feel so insignificant, useless and inadequate. How do I stop feeling this way? :/
    Have you heard of CBT? It can help with self-esteem issues. You could take a look at the online MoodGym course to see if it helps you at all if you don't want to talk to your doctor and wait months on the NHS?

I used to feel pretty much the same, but CBT and working at changing my life into something I feel more proud of has really helped me to deal with this issue.

ReputationRep:
    Aw cake. :hugs: <3

You should never hate yourself, you're worth so much more than that and you seem like such a great person with such a great personality. Although it may seem like I'm talking utter rubbish right now, I do mean it and you need to get yourself to realise that. Whatever you may have done in the past that is making you feel this way, you should just push to one side. Nothing can change it and ultimately you should love yourself no matter what happens.

My advice may not be entirely great but I believe you should just keep repeating how great you are. Every single morning when you wake up just remember how great you are. Do it right now and do it before you go to sleep, every second that you wish...bc what's stopping you?
    Remember how great you can be at your best.
    Remember your achievements. Remember how kind of a person you are.
    Remember all the positive aspects of your soul.

You dont need to be someone completely different to make a change. If you feel like you were unreasonable to a particular person yesterday then tomorrow you become reasonable, you're perfect just the way you are cake. <3

I've got a youtube video if you'd like to watch...it may help with how you're feeling at the moment.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xMzDTaq9XW4

Also a song:

Christina Aguilera~ you are beautiful...I think it applies.

I totally apologise if whatever I said doesnt apply to your situation and is utter rubbish. Hope you feel better soon Cake, you look sweet when you smile. :hugs: <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    :cry: just so ****ing done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    :cry: just so ****ing done.
    What's wrong? <3 :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Btw, did you get triggered in MH? If so could you report it to avoid others also getting triggered. Elsewhere....sorry to hear, a lot of people don't understand the impact they can have on others. I'd urge you not to leave though if you find the MHSS useful.
    it was elsewhere. So the CT think it's debate (TLG kindly reported the first thread for me).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    :cry2:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Welcome to the thread.

A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"
    Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.
    She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."
    She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything."
    Remember to put the glass down.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"
    She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."
    She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything."
    Easier said then done.

ReputationRep:
    That's a very powerful message.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Potential trigger.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't feel safe and yet I know my irrational fear of dying will protect me to a degree. I'm scared.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Sorry you're feeling so bad. Has anything specific caused you to think like this do you think?

Wish I knew how to "put it down".

------------

Mum and dad will be here later, really not looking forward to that. Still haven't packed stuff away for them to take, ugh. Need to do that. Intrusive memories won't get lost and I keep having random anxiety attacks as a result, pretty sure I'm going to be a dissociated mess when they finally get here haha, oh well.
    Abuse TW
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Keep thinking about when he used to chase me around the house and specifically the freaking knife incident. I don't know why this has randomly started bothering me. The stuff he did never used to bother me, but it is now? I think my brain just likes getting on my nerves.

Unrelated to my dad, but I keep having body memories too. Feel so ****ing disgusting literally can't do this anymore. :cry2:
    Just don't know what to do? How the **** am I supposed to cope when I get home? Just, ugh. This is impossible. Everything is impossible.
    I don't know if I'll even be able to do this work in my mum's school either as this flare up is royally screwing me over, so that'll mean having to stay at home with him there (unless he goes out to work). Maybe my GP will be able to refer me to pain management or something, I don't know. Will have to ask I guess. And I changed my mind (again) about being transferred to my hometown's CMHT. Don't think I'll be able to deal with the new people. Will have to rely on the crisis team there if anything happens, I have their number.

:sad: Feel so lost. Sorry for the incoherent ramble, guys. Hope you're all doing well.

Edit: This is kind of random, but I'm watching a let's play of this horror game called Kholat, pretty sure it just came out, but anyway, there's a bit of a monologue that describes exactly how I feel. This is why I love games (and music) so much, though I wish I was better at explaining myself. :facepalm:
    TW for possible trigger, it's the quote
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Anyway, the monologue goes "have you ever tried to hold on to your humanity? When others convinced you of being nothing more than a subject, an object, which they can bend to their will. When they told you that you are a monster that deserved punishment. And you really could not remember your sins." Pretty much describes how I feel about the abuse. Dunno, it just really resonated with me. :dontknow:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Pathway)
    :hugs: Sorry you're feeling so bad. Has anything specific caused you to think like this do you think?

Wish I knew how to "put it down".

------------

Mum and dad will be here later, really not looking forward to that. Still haven't packed stuff away for them to take, ugh. Need to do that. Intrusive memories won't get lost and I keep having random anxiety attacks as a result, pretty sure I'm going to be a dissociated mess when they finally get here haha, oh well.
    Abuse TW
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Keep thinking about when he used to chase me around the house and specifically the freaking knife incident. I don't know why this has randomly started bothering me. The stuff he did never used to bother me, but it is now? I think my brain just likes getting on my nerves.

Unrelated to my dad, but I keep having body memories too. Feel so ****ing disgusting literally can't do this anymore. :cry2:
    Just don't know what to do? How the **** am I supposed to cope when I get home? Just, ugh. This is impossible. Everything is impossible.
    I don't know if I'll even be able to do this work in my mum's school either as this flare up is royally screwing me over, so that'll mean having to stay at home with him there (unless he goes out to work). Maybe my GP will be able to refer me to pain management or something, I don't know. Will have to ask I guess. And I changed my mind (again) about being transferred to my hometown's CMHT. Don't think I'll be able to deal with the new people. Will have to rely on the crisis team there if anything happens, I have their number.

:sad: Feel so lost. Sorry for the incoherent ramble, guys. Hope you're all doing well.

Edit: This is kind of random, but I'm watching a let's play of this horror game called Kholat, pretty sure it just came out, but anyway, there's a bit of a monologue that describes exactly how I feel. This is why I love games (and music) so much, though I wish I was better at explaining myself. :facepalm:
    TW for possible trigger, it's the quote
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Anyway, the monologue goes "have you ever tried to hold on to your humanity? When others convinced you of being nothing more than a subject, an object, which they can bend to their will. When they told you that you are a monster that deserved punishment. And you really could not remember your sins." Pretty much describes how I feel about the abuse. Dunno, it just really resonated with me. :dontknow:
    If someone finds out how to put down the glass, they should call us. :console: remember, you have us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    If someone finds out how to put down the glass, they should call us. :console: remember, you have us.
    :console: haha, I hope they do! :eek: Thank you. How're you doing?

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Have you heard of CBT? It can help with self-esteem issues. You could take a look at the online MoodGym course to see if it helps you at all if you don't want to talk to your doctor and wait months on the NHS?

I used to feel pretty much the same, but CBT and working at changing my life into something I feel more proud of has really helped me to deal with this issue.
    I've heard of it. But for some reason I keep convincing myself I'm being silly and stop making such a fuss and so don't go to the doctors. Although tbf that's what my family keep saying so I play down my problems. I will look into it though, thanks.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.