Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    An called out, the Prime Minister responded, the same MP then asked a question; Petros had no follow up question in his post.
    Funnily enough PetrosAC would have had the first post anyway, and if we compress the 6 minute gap down into half an hour from 48 we get it being 8 seconds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Just finished watching Pride for the first time, thought it was excellent, think it will join the riot club as one of the movies I watch most often.
    If you are going to the Edinburgh Fringe, a stage version of Riot is being performed there. Presumably the writer is not on the David Cameron resignation honours list.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    If you are going to the Edinburgh Fringe, a stage version of Riot is being performed there. Presumably the writer is not on the David Cameron resignation honours list.
    I'm going to watch the show on everything wrong with UKIP.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was going now just to watch that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Unsurprising to read in the paper earlier today that the BMA claims that there will be difficulty recruiting JDs because they would all be ****ing off to Australia was a load of **** with more JDs being recruited this year than last year, and a slightly greater percentage of vacancies being filled.
    It isn't a speedy process. The Govt has put in a lot of effort to occupy those vacancies, hence the rise in locum costs, but certain specialties such as paeds and anaesthetics have suffered big time. Don't forget there's still a DoH legal challenge stipulating that to officially graduate with a degree and a certificate work abroad you need to have worked in the NHS for two years.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    It isn't a speedy process. The Govt has put in a lot of effort to occupy those vacancies, hence the rise in locum costs, but certain specialties such as paeds and anaesthetics have suffered big time. Don't forget there's still a DoH legal challenge stipulating that to officially graduate with a degree and a certificate work abroad you need to have worked in the NHS for two years.
    But if there were this exodus would there not also be more vacancies that need filling because of the exits?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But if there were this exodus would there not also be more vacancies that need filling because of the exits?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've seen more adverts for doctor vacancies, which obviously is anecdotal, but I do agree that the number of applications to work abroad really doesn't reflect more that do. I read the Telegraph article and would love to have a look at the sources for it but I don't think we'd reach breaking point until it actually comes in. I would guess that if phased in, we'll see people swapping specialties, so SOME specialties will be oversubscribed and we'll have serious shortages in others. Besides, there's still ongoing action against the DoH, so it's not entirely "lost" from our point of view.

I heard something about Australia/NZ/Canada being "full" so it mightn't even be as simple as walking into a job. Maybe more docs might look at others in that case.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think it necessarily means much, obviously it means they aren't just going to up and leave before imposition, but it's by no means a tacit acceptance of the contract, and I wouldn't rule out an efflux in a year.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    I don't think it necessarily means much, obviously it means they aren't just going to up and leave before imposition, but it's by no means a tacit acceptance of the contract, and I wouldn't rule out an efflux in a year.
    This is sounding an awful lot like every other time the status quo has been changed: "everything is going to go to **** with that threat," still nothing happens "everything is going to go to **** when you actually do it," still nothing "well everything will still go to ****..."

And as for the prior post, I have also heard of the Australian, kiwi, etc doctors saying that the JDs should be staying here because even after the imposition it's better than what they get, but then again that could also be to reduce their own competition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    1470241598324.jpg1470241651414.jpg

Intersting but not too surprising that the two splinter groups would do similarly well, nor is the sheer nu!Ber of blind corbyn followers or blind brand followers.

Would be interesting to see similar done for the Tories

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Anyone else being told they can't access the labour thread?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Aph)
    Anyone else being told they can't access the labour thread?
    Click on it and don't click on the arrow that takes you to the last post. Then you will be able to access it.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Click on it and don't click on the arrow that takes you to the last post. Then you will be able to access it.
    Yeah, normally a deleted post causes a new thread and now that
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Aph)
    Yeah, normally a deleted post causes a new thread and now that
    You should be able to access it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    I'm going to watch the show on everything wrong with UKIP.
    Must be quite a long show!
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    I wish I was going now just to watch that
    I am also going to see one of the founders of alternative comedy, Alexei Sayle. *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    You have no idea how much it scared me when that happened and I thought for a moment I'd been banned again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    You have no idea how much it scared me when that happened and I thought for a moment I'd been banned again!
    The Corbyn supporters at work again!

On a happier note, just been listening to Johnny Marr, who is still as good as he has always been.*

ReputationRep:
    Ah, so I see that some Trusts have informed the junior docs that they will be paid as per the new contract tomorrow, not October as promised. I wish I was surprised.

ReputationRep:
    Great, base rate's been cut...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Great, base rate's been cut...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, it is good news.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.