Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    Wow it's already gone past results day. Gosh I'm so drunk. I think I'm on the righ train home
    He took the midnight train going aaaaannyyywhere

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this has already been asked but can someone please confirm whether the Edexcel Fine Art AS (8FA0) is one of the new linear courses where it won't count in Year 13 and it's entirely separate from the A-Level? Got my AS results today and knew what was going on with the other subjects but couldn't find anything about Art. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by postexamtalk)
    He took the midnight train going aaaaannyyywhere
    I hoped not. I don't want to end up not there. Why am in on tsr

ReputationRep:
    Gosh I'm so glad this day didn't go badly. I would broad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy_hill)
    when u thought the edexcel history exam was an absolute train wreck and u had prepared urself for death but u end up getting 64/70

At the time I felt like everything that could've gone wrong in the A2 edexcel history exam did, but my result too shows otherwise!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hihihi123)
    Well, it depends on whether you like English- do you want to study it for 3 more years? Also, if you had things going on during the year that you think affected your performance in English, and you know that you could've done better, maybe don't be so hard on yourself.
    Maybe you should consider a gap year. Defer your entry for the University you have an offer for perhaps (you can always withdraw it if you decide you don't want to go) as it may give you the few months you need to really decide what you want to do- I know this is an annoying point but it's £9000 a year you'd be spending; if you think there's a chance you don't want to do English, taking a gap year and figuring out what you want to do may be the best option.
    These are just some of my thoughts so don't take them as the Gospel but good luck and maybe this was helpful!
    I honestly i really appreciate your kind words, I didn't really think anyone would reply so I am very thankful. Haha the funny thing is I was orginally planning to go university in 2017 and I suddenly had a panic about what i was going to do for the year so when I did apply, I applied as a late entry and recieved an unconditional. Lol so I was over the moon, now i'm back to sqaure one. Hope i'm not getting myself into a mess!
    Thank you for you advice though😚

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maryam0598)
    I honestly i really appreciate your kind words, I didn't really think anyone would reply so I am very thankful. Haha the funny thing is I was orginally planning to go university in 2017 and I suddenly had a panic about what i was going to do for the year so when I did apply, I applied as a late entry and recieved an unconditional. Lol so I was over the moon, now i'm back to sqaure one. Hope i'm not getting myself into a mess!
    Thank you for you advice though😚
    You're welcome! Honestly, if I were in your position, I would take a gap year. I just took one and am going to uni this September (I had to retake but still). If you're worried about what to do during the year a suggestion from me would be that you possibly Au Pair. I was an Au Pair in Milan last year in the Autumn of my gap year and it was a great experience- it's free travel essentially with the catch of having to look after someone's children for a bit each weekday. There are lots of things you can do in your gap year that won't cost much and I think that they can actually be so beneficial for personal growth. Again, just a suggestion/opinion from me, but if you have any questions about Au Pairing just ask!

ReputationRep:
    I made it home!!!!!! Sheie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    A*AB - how about yourself???
    :O Well done! Does that mean you got your firm? BBB

ReputationRep:
    if 4 marks off an A worth the remark. I will be remarking 2 papers which are both out of 70 in order to try and gain 4 marks- very unlikely??? (AQA economics btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hihihi123)
    You're welcome! Honestly, if I were in your position, I would take a gap year. I just took one and am going to uni this September (I had to retake but still). If you're worried about what to do during the year a suggestion from me would be that you possibly Au Pair. I was an Au Pair in Milan last year in the Autumn of my gap year and it was a great experience- it's free travel essentially with the catch of having to look after someone's children for a bit each weekday. There are lots of things you can do in your gap year that won't cost much and I think that they can actually be so beneficial for personal growth. Again, just a suggestion/opinion from me, but if you have any questions about Au Pairing just ask!
    Thanks again! Yes i'll defo have a think about it🙈
    That sounds like an amazing experience, I wish one day I could do something as cool as that!
    Don't think i'd retake if I took a gap year since I was really close to the B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ancienthistory)
    Absolutely devestated. I only received AAB (I have an A*AA offer at LSE) and I feel once again indignant regarding the subject I was aspiring to receive an A* in - English Literature. Last year AQA mismarked my AS Literature paper, giving it a D, while my teachers argue it was A standard

It was too late to appeal and, upon resitting, I gained myself another D with a C in A2

I know I put the work in
    Just to clarify, you got a conditional offer from LSE with a D in AS Lit? What were your other grades like?

ReputationRep:
    anyone Economics and Mathematics at University of Bath ?

ReputationRep:
    Feel a bit late to this, but I got ABBE in geography, chemistry, biology and maths respectively, will my E in maths prevent me from doing chemistry at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melinalouise)
    Feel a bit late to this, but I got ABBE in geography, chemistry, biology and maths respectively, will my E in maths prevent me from doing chemistry at uni?
    depends on the university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    So is this the time when we all go to sleep and realise today was all a dream and things will actually be awful when we wake up?
    omg I literally had the exact same thought after I looked at my result and at one point I had to slap myself to make sure it was real life lol

ReputationRep:
    Got A*A*A in maths, further maths and economics respectively, will now go on to study economics at Bath! Absolutely ecstatic!

ReputationRep:
    Now that everything's calmed down, I got A*AAAa and accepted into LSE for BSc International relations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melinalouise)
    Depends on the uni and if you're trying to go for top unis it wont just be the E it will be the two B's and the E that could hinder your chances, BBE doesnt look good especially B in subject you want to study

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I wanna know if I have added a clearing choice, does the uni verify my results via UCAS or it needs me to send them evidence?

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.