Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    So is this the time when we all go to sleep and realise today was all a dream and things will actually be awful when we wake up?
    omg I literally had the exact same thought after I looked at my result and at one point I had to slap myself to make sure it was real life lol

ReputationRep:
    Got A*A*A in maths, further maths and economics respectively, will now go on to study economics at Bath! Absolutely ecstatic!

ReputationRep:
    Now that everything's calmed down, I got A*AAAa and accepted into LSE for BSc International relations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melinalouise)
    Feel a bit late to this, but I got ABBE in geography, chemistry, biology and maths respectively, will my E in maths prevent me from doing chemistry at uni?
    Depends on the uni and if you're trying to go for top unis it wont just be the E it will be the two B's and the E that could hinder your chances, BBE doesnt look good especially B in subject you want to study

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I wanna know if I have added a clearing choice, does the uni verify my results via UCAS or it needs me to send them evidence?

ReputationRep:
    All confirmed on Track now Accommodation sorted, student finance changed, postal address on UCAS changed to my parents' because I might move out of my current accommodation before they send anything... everything is perfect, just waiting for my login details to get on the BU portal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mint_chocolate)
    Hi, I wanna know if I have added a clearing choice, does the uni verify my results via UCAS or it needs me to send them evidence?
    Did you not tell them? I think UCAS confirms it but you'll need to provide evidence (ie. your results slip) once you arrive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    Did you not tell them? I think UCAS confirms it but you'll need to provide evidence (ie. your results slip) once you arrive.
    I have told them but I just wanna know how they will confirm and verify my results. Thanks for your reply tho

ReputationRep:
    I have told them but I just wanna know how they will confirm and verify my results. Thanks for your reply tho
    No problem, I hope your offer gets confirmed on Track soon I went through Clearing too.

ReputationRep:
    I just woke up right now and I'm trying to figure out if yesterday was just a dream.

I feel so ****. I didn't get into Warwick to study law. I got AAB when I needed AAA.

*I'm not interested in going to SOAS (my insurance) so now I have 3 options:

1. *remark my history paper that I got a A in and appeal to Warwick if it goes up*
    2. *Retake History and take a gap year, and reapply next year*
    3. Search clearing (but I honestly doubt it'll be good because it's so late now)*

I hate myself so much lmao *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    No problem, I hope your offer gets confirmed on Track soon I went through Clearing too.
    Thank you so much!! I am soo worried!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaYazooGirl)
    I just woke up right now and I'm trying to figure out if yesterday was just a dream.

I feel so ****. I didn't get into Warwick to study law. I got AAB when I needed AAA.

1. *remark my history paper that I got a A in and appeal to Warwick if it goes up*
    3. Search clearing (but I honestly doubt it'll be good because it's so late now)*

omg I am in the same boat.. my firm choice was Warwick to study law and I failed to achieve 3As... I am super depressed. Yesterday was def the longest and worst day of my life..

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!! I am soo worried!!
    I'm sorry about Warwick Have you got an email or text from them confirming you have an offer? If you've got that then I wouldn't worry as you have written proof. If the offer only lasts 24 hours I'd phone them later today to see what is going on Which uni are you trying to get into?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaYazooGirl)

I'd say put option 1 to the side because remarking a paper where you already got an A in is unlikely to change. You should phone Warwick and see if they'd still take you if you manage to convince them, so get them to reconsider you.
    If that doesn't work then, you should search through clearing for other universities who are offering to study law. If you don't find something suitable, then consider looking at other courses available in clearing for Warwick / other universities
    Finally, if this doesn't work either, then that leaves you with option 2

ReputationRep:
    i got AABB in my AS results and i got the Bs for maths and chemistry - 221/300 and 224/300 do you think its is possible for me to improve them to an A next year without doing any resits? i really need some advice can someone please help me and im planning to study medicine.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshC98)
    Got A*A*A in maths, further maths and economics respectively, will now go on to study economics at Bath! Absolutely ecstatic!
    (Original post by conscscscsc)
    Now that everything's calmed down, I got A*AAAa and accepted into LSE for BSc International relations!
    Well done guys :awesome:
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melinalouise)
    Feel a bit late to this, but I got ABBE in geography, chemistry, biology and maths respectively, will my E in maths prevent me from doing chemistry at uni?
    At the top universities, yes it will. Maths and Chemistry at B or above is a usual requirement for them. But check out the entry requirement pages of other Universities to find out exactly where most of them stand. However, if a University doesn't require maths, they will disregard your E grade, and just look at the ABB, which is a fantastic set of results, no matter what any previous poster has told you about BBE looking bad :facepalm:
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    I made it home!!!!!! Sheie
    Lightweight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Hi,

sorry to hear that. It is a strange story that I think you should appeal or write a formal letter with supporting evidence if available. You should also seek to contact someone with authority like the Head of Department or a University Professor in your course. they may intervene on your behalf.

If you got into your firm choice, then you got in and they cannot be full. The UCAS system is a contractual agreement and once you meet your grades and the conditions attached to your offer, then I don't think that they can turn you down or defer your course, if it is not agreed by you.

If you can visit your university, then I suggest that you do that and put your case forward in person. Sending emails and phone calls may not be that effective. You should also show that you completed the DBS checks for other Universities and that you DID NOT receive the check forms from your firm choice.

If all goes against you and you feel that you want to defer your course, then feel free to do so. However, you must ensure that you have exhausted every option from your point of view.

It is also weird that they did not send your reminders to complete the forms, if it claim that they sent the forms to you. Ask them to show you the evidence that they sent you the email to complete the DBS checks.

Good luck though. I hope it works out well in the end.
    Yeh it is really strange because they are adamant they sent it out through EMAIL AND POST! My mother always checks the mail and if anything is addressing me e.g unis etc shell let me know or open them on my behalf she her self is 100℅ certain I didn't receive no reminders no dBs forms in the post. My emails never get deleted yet I have got a 10 or so emails from the uni which is just general emails such as "have a live chat" "nightlife" etc. Nothing no phone call.mail or.email. I don't understand how I can get penalised for something I didn't do. Also unis can't be "full" since caps were removed? I'm going to speak later on today.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    Yeh it is really strange because they are adamant they sent it out through EMAIL AND POST! My mother always checks the mail and if anything is addressing me e.g unis etc shell let me know or open them on my behalf she her self is 100℅ certain I didn't receive no reminders no dBs forms in the post. My emails never get deleted yet I have got a 10 or so emails from the uni which is just general emails such as "have a live chat" "nightlife" etc. Nothing no phone call.mail or.email. I don't understand how I can get penalised for something I didn't do. Also unis can't be "full" since caps were removed? I'm going to speak later on today.
    Continue to contact them. I suggest that you go to visit, if you can. That way, you can ask for evidence that they sent you the email. If you can print out your email inbox chain, then take that along.

You need to be persistent, but polite. Try to see whether an influential person in the department like the Head of Department can intervene on this matter. Most of the time, these people are Admission Tutors and are following processes, so it isn't their fault.

Good luck.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.