Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Me...s/216962756982

ReputationRep:
    Just had my first doctors appointment since coming to uni and realised that having an appointment as a medic is really really weird.. found myself automatically analysing his communication skills and picking out all of the layperson terms he used o.O Poor guy, he had no idea. Did a very good job though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xconfetti)
    Just had my first doctors appointment since coming to uni and realised that having an appointment as a medic is really really weird.. found myself automatically analysing his communication skills and picking out all of the layperson terms he used o.O Poor guy, he had no idea. Did a very good job though
    They have it on my record that I'm a medical student, so every time I go in they always quiz me on medicine! If you've managed to remain anonymous thus far, I'd recommend keeping it that way

Although I did mention to my optician that I'm a medical student and now every time I get my eyes checked I get a tutorial on ophthamology! Which is epic
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    x
    Liking your new facebook work info.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    Liking your new facebook work info.
    Argh I know..

Left the room for maybe two minutes!

Think it's back to normal now.. Apart from birthday which needs changing in a weeks time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graemematt)
    They have it on my record that I'm a medical student, so every time I go in they always quiz me on medicine! If you've managed to remain anonymous thus far, I'd recommend keeping it that way

Although I did mention to my optician that I'm a medical student and now every time I get my eyes checked I get a tutorial on ophthamology! Which is epic
    Haha that's quite good though, free teaching!! :P I was going to make a joke about white coat syndrome when my BP was too high the first time he took it, but decided against it lol.

ReputationRep:
    Its tuesday.. and .. I'm just so tired.. Bedtime for me I think.

ReputationRep:
    Taking a trip to the clinical neurophysiology department tomorrow: apparently there's more to medical electronics than running current through saline.

Until I see it for my own eyes tomorrow, I'll assume they've just made this place up. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Disso word count: 1232.

Next 36 hours is going to be ****. I need to show my supervisor a complete first draft of my introduction (about 3k).

ReputationRep:
    ^^^
    I have this to look forward to for the next 10 weeks.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    **** sake.

Finally get a few days off with no work to do and I've managed to get tonsillitis. Messing with my sleep as well so can't even enjoy these lie-ins :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Literally cringing at my reflective piece following cardiovascular examinations on 'real' patients in the hospital yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    i HATE people

ReputationRep:
    **** sake.

Finally get a few days off with no work to do and I've managed to get tonsillitis. Messing with my sleep as well so can't even enjoy these lie-ins :sigh:

Well at least your uni will let you have time off - ive just called in and been told im sorry you cant have anymore time off or we will fail you. Thanks - i'll just go in and give the patients my chest infection by accidentally coughing all over them.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairy spangles)
    Well at least your uni will let you have time off - ive just called in and been told im sorry you cant have anymore time off or we will fail you. Thanks - i'll just go in and give the patients my chest infection by accidentally coughing all over them.
    I was due to have time off anyway, 2nd week of accelerated learning SSC meant only monday was contact time with the rest free.

That sucks, hope you get well soon :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xconfetti)

Hehe. Thats quite funny. ps - your university is big on communication skills which is why you probably noticed it.

Although makes things easier - i walked in this morning can i have some antibiotics, salbutamol and prednisolone please - yup, one prescription and straight back out again. Dont think i even sat down properly.

Was in hospital few weeks ago and the dr kept telling me he was putting salty water through the cannula. My cover was blown a few minutes later.

ReputationRep:
    I was due to have time off anyway, 2nd week of accelerated learning SSC meant only monday was contact time with the rest free.

That sucks, hope you get well soon :console:
    Hope you feel better soon aswell :console:

ReputationRep:
    Hangover headache >.<

I didn't even get destroyed, I feel cheated.

ReputationRep:
    And they ask how do I maintain a healthy work-life balance? The answer: by sacking off 9am starts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Hangover headache >.<

I didn't even get destroyed, I feel cheated.
    Unfortunately this happens as we get older. I am only 24 and the hangovers i get knock me for six!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.