Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Flamini? :facepalm:

AC Milan offered him a new contract so he cant have bene playing that badly. Was an absolutely quality player for us in 2008 and in 2006 in our CL he was actually an extremel competent wing back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Only reason it was general sale was because it was a Tuesday night and trains back were a joke though, if it's on a weekend then it will be difficult to get a ticket without a good amount of away points
    Ah yeah true. I'm sure the guy will find a midweek one somewhere in the north at some point. Sunderland are on atm, bought that. Although the teams aren't really in the same bracket.

He should still be able to get some on twitter tho

ReputationRep:

Who remember's signing 'Matthieu Flamini' to the theme tune of the Sweeney? Absolute quality :moon:

ReputationRep:

Hope he puts in a few good performance to make up for leaving us for free. He was immense.

ReputationRep:
    Also good to see Flamini back as I have a soft spot for the 2008 era Arsenal team that came close to achieving the title and was very competitive in the Champions League. Fabregas/Hleb/Flamini/Rosicky knew how to play some nice football that's for sure. Arguably more attractive than the Invincibles on the eye although nowhere near as effective obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Also good to see Flamini back as I have a soft spot for the 2008 era Arsenal team that came close to achieving the title and was very competitive in the Champions League. Fabregas/Hleb/Flamini/Rosicky knew how to play some nice football that's for sure. Arguably more attractive than the Invincibles on the eye although nowhere near as effective obviously.
    He definitely back?

Not sure he's the same player though. Injury after injury and when he has had game time he hasn't been great to say the least.

Although, we are short on numbers. Just hope we aren't paying him £60k a week or something silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    He definitely back?

Not sure he's the same player though. Injury after injury and when he has had game time he hasn't been great to say the least.

Although, we are short on numbers. Just hope we aren't paying him £60k a week or something silly.
    All the usual trustworthy indicators point to it.

Apparently he rejected ACM as he wanted a longer term deal so that would imply he's going to get 3 years or near that. He actually owns a very substantial property portfolio around West Hampstead(according to my brother who seems to hoover up this kind of gossip...) and missed London apparently so not sure money is his main motivation, in contrast to when he left. Surely no more than 50k?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Liverpool will be harder. Everton was on General Sale last season. Check arsenal tickets on twitter (dedicated page), ran by legitimate people and unwanted tickets can only be sold at face value (no profit making allowed). Just be careful of fakes if meeting up with someone.

But you should able to get tickets to Everton direct from Arsenal nearer the time. Think they were £45 last time - a couple of flat mates went but I couldn't afford it.
    I should mention, we don't mind sitting in the home end. If that changes anything.

ReputationRep:
    Flamini? Such a lack of ambition..

ReputationRep:
    Not "Flamini?"

FLAMINI WOOO

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bronco2012)
    I should mention, we don't mind sitting in the home end. If that changes anything.
    Ah, you will need to see Liverpool/Everton ticket offices nearer the time but I really wouldn't recommend it. Given that Liverpool and especially Everton fans see us as a big club and probably rate it an 'A' match, you won't have much luck.

You should be able to get Hull tickets (they're a very empty ground) and probably Stoke City.

Hull City is probably your best bet - If I remember correctly they don't seem to sell out although I can't remember too fondly. WBA is also a shout but I think big matches sell out.

Can't tell when fixtures will change so it's best to check fixture list and pin point games. Twitter is very reliable as I say - people sell at face value and as long as you know what a real ticket looks like and aren't easily fooled, official forums, meet up, pay money and go to the game will be your best bet. For Liverpool v Arsenal or something you could try risky moves to enter LFC forums but I really wouldn't recommend it mate. You won't be able to cheer and when you're sat there with a sad face when the home team scores...just won't be pleasant.

+++

Just checked Everton v Chelsea which will give an indication and yes, they're on sale to anyone so you could most likely get tickets to Everton v Arsenal, sitting with the home fans. Would be a great present though.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  BSNfZl2IUAA5qqL.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  26.2 KB

Sorry, but surely you have to laugh too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    All the usual trustworthy indicators point to it.

Apparently he rejected ACM as he wanted a longer term deal so that would imply he's going to get 3 years or near that. He actually owns a very substantial property portfolio around West Hampstead(according to my brother who seems to hoover up this kind of gossip...) and missed London apparently so not sure money is his main motivation, in contrast to when he left. Surely no more than 50k?
    Clever guy. A longer contract could indicate money. Means if he gets an injury he'll still be paid. Hate to say it but money is close to the hearts of almost every footballer these days. They'll jump ship if their weekly shopping can be paid. I'm indifferent to him joining. We're not in a great state atm with regards to injuries and depth and no matter what the rumours are, we still haven't signed anyone and we don't know who we will get. We may get some stars or we may get some up and comings so I guess we should just accept him and hope he does a decent job. Not sure he'll get 3 years at Arsenal. Nearly 30 and Wenger has that policy of offering over 30s only 1 year deals. I think he might get a 2 year deal at best.

And yes, I would hope he's on £20k with add ons if he plays. But who knows. I hope Wenger doesn't give him a French bonus

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Name:  BSNfZl2IUAA5qqL.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  26.2 KB

Sorry, but surely you have to laugh too.
    No Gustavo, ran out of space. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    We gone sign Flamini :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Why would we sign flamini, what a joke

ReputationRep:
    Can't contain my excitement about the return of super mattieu as you might imagine

ReputationRep:
    Flamini is a decent signing, especially on a free. Saw a few AC Milan matches last season and he can still contribute. Makes sense anyway since we only have Rambo and Jack fit atm who can play as the double pivot. Wouldn't be surprised if he starts on Saturday either, really can't see Jack playing 3 times in a week after what happened to him last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Flamini is a decent signing, especially on a free. Saw a few AC Milan matches last season and he can still contribute. Makes sense anyway since we only have Rambo and Jack fit atm who can play as the double pivot. Wouldn't be surprised if he starts on Saturday either, really can't see Jack playing 3 times in a week after what happened to him last year.
    Jack will definitely start.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.