The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qari
Can't wait :biggrin: what time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm free most the day, I guess. Probably the afternoon would be most convenient for me since I have training at 7-9 so realistically I guess I couldn't do it in the evening :dontknow:
Reply 9621
Original post by Occams Chainsaw
I'm free most the day, I guess. Probably the afternoon would be most convenient for me since I have training at 7-9 so realistically I guess I couldn't do it in the evening :dontknow:

How about 4/5 in the afternoon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds good to me :yep:
Reply 9623

Just come on here around that time or pm me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where's my invite? :cry:

can't even play chess :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
Where's my invite? :cry:

can't even play chess :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My phone just died so if you sent me a message I can't see it :colondollar:
My phone just died so if you sent me a message I can't see it :colondollar:

I see how it is :colonhash:

It's fine hehe :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
I see how it is :colonhash:

It's fine hehe :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll find my charger just for you if you save me some of that tea/toast :biggrin:
Reply 9628

Only just realised your user is based on occams razor

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
Only just realised your user is based on occams razor

Posted from TSR Mobile

'Tis indeed :awesome:
Now the fun part is to work out the implications of it :tongue:
Original post by Llewellyn
You can derive each using field mathematics, but the shorthand approach would be to learn that for a process where electrical energy is being converted into some form of kinesis (i.e. a motor) then it is the left hand rule, and where kinetic energy is being converted to electrical energy (i.e. a generator) then it is the right hand rule. More accurately, the left hand rule will convey the direction of the net magnetic force acting on a current carrying capacitor in a magnetic field and the right hand rule will convey the direction of the induced electromotive force due to a change in (the rate of) magnetic flux.

You can think of some kind of memory trick to help this. Perhaps we drive (motor) on the LEFT hand side in the UK? Likewise the word geneRatoR has 2 Rs - standing for Right, and no Ls?

This may seem harsh, but I think part of the reason people get annoyed with these questions is because most of the time you can find out yourself through google or a textbook.

Could you link me some resources regarding these field mathematics please? Many thanks
I go away for one night and you guys land yourselves in a bit of an argument... :colonhash: :tongue: If anyone is offensive on here, please just report them instead of replying...replying only makes things worse (and takes me longer to clean up :tongue:):sadnod:

Back in to the UK though! And the weather sucks :colonhash: Got a nice Christmas present from TSR though :ahee:
(edited 10 years ago)
Argh. First day back, first period being a study period with no work to do and all my friends are in lessons. Bah!
Not back until Tuesday :colone:
Original post by Robbie242

:eek: You lucky person! I have been in since 8:00 today...
Original post by Choppie
:eek: You lucky person! I have been in since 8:00 today...

Haha poor you, I'm literally so glad though... I only found out a day ago and I was up until 3:00 this early morning so that would've ****ed up my concentration
Haha poor you, I'm literally so glad though... I only found out a day ago and I was up until 3:00 this early morning so that would've ****ed up my concentration

You and me both! :awesome:
Reply 9637
Original post by usycool1
I go away for one night and you guys land yourselves in a bit of an argument... :colonhash: :tongue: If anyone is offensive on here, please just report them instead of replying...replying only makes things worse (and takes me longer to clean up :tongue:):sadnod:

Back in to the UK though! And the weather sucks :colonhash: Got a nice Christmas present from TSR though :ahee:

Where did you go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, but I have a mock first thing at 9 :frown: so mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
Same, but I have a mock first thing at 9 :frown: so mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahah that's so harsh! on your first day back as well :tongue:, what is the mock? I'm done with all mine :smug:

Latest