Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Can't think of a more cringeworthy club than Liverpool. The whole "we go again" thing last season... Rogers in general... Don't know if you saw any of 'This Is Liverpool' but it genuinely was like watching The Office.

ReputationRep:
    Only speaking the truth, With sanchez iminent arrival, arsene needs to pick up the ante and get players in reasonable time for the pre season. Gives time to them!!!......... and pick up ronaldo and messi along the way!

ReputationRep:
    idk why we hitting up lars again, makes no sense after the amount of times we've been rejected. both khedira and schneiderlin would probably cost less too.

if we land sanchez then i think its the first time in ages our midfield and strike options have been this versatile, in terms of potential formations we could use.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    Doubt Sanchez has even heard of Brendan Rogers.
    Doubt many players outside England have tbh :laugh: Who's going to choose to play under some unknown when there is Wenger, Mourinho, Van Gaal etc? This has Spurs 2013 written all over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Doubt many players outside England have tbh :laugh: Who's going to choose to play under some unknown when there is Wenger, Mourinho, Van Gaal etc? This has Spurs 2013 written all over it.
    Shh don't call Brendan unknown you'll make them angry .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Youve got very cocky since Van Gaal was appointed. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Youve got very cocky since Van Gaal was appointed. :lolwut:
    Would you not be too?

Name:  1404763379243.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  36.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayles101)
    Would you not be too?

Name:  1404763379243.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  36.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not with your squad, no. He's a good manager, not a miracle worker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Not with your squad, no. He's a good manager, not a miracle worker.
    The same squad that won the league 2 seasons ago and has arguably improved since then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    The same squad that won the league 2 seasons ago and has arguably improved since then?
    Utd fans keep saying that, as if that was anything more than Fergie doing what he did in a very very weak season. :rolleyes:
    The penny hasnt dropped either, Moyes being so terrible has clouded reality still more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Utd fans keep saying that, as if that was anything more than Fergie doing what he did in a very very weak season. :rolleyes:
    The penny hasnt dropped either, Moyes being so terrible has clouded reality still more
    I think most people accept our squad is fairly poor, certainly not good enough to win the league as it stands now, I think certainly Arsenal, City, Chelsea and probably Liverpool all have better squads atm- it's more a case of to the extent that people underrate the squad. I agree that 2012-13 was won because of SAF, but surely the players have some imput? They're also "winners" in the sense they have experience of being in and winning a title race so pressure shouldn't really factor in, and we do have a few WC players within there. It's only really a CB, CDM and a winger short of competing tbh. But I would agree that at this point in time, I think we will struggle for top 4 with the squad in it's current state.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    I'm not saying it's the best squad in the league, I'm saying it's good enough that it wouldn't be a "miracle" if we won it.

Chelsea and City's are better, Arsenal and Liverpool's around the same level.

ReputationRep:
    Are we even getting a striker? Or is Wenger cooking up some moronic plan to convert a winger to take the place of the irreplaceable (to us mere mortals: Lord/God/Darth/King) Bendtner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Almasy)
    Are we even getting a striker? Or is Wenger cooking up some moronic plan to convert a winger to take the place of the irreplaceable (to us mere mortals: Lord/God/Darth/King) Bendtner?
    1. Who is available?

2. Giroud is way too underrated among Arsenal fans. Just bring in a decent back up willing to warm the bench/be a super sub.

3. Most likely Sanchez would be used as the alternative when Giroud is unavailable (if we get him).

I am more than happy for Giroud to lead the line if we get Sanchez. His link up play, banging left foot and physicality :sogood:. And if Sanchez, Walcott, Ozil and Ramsey chip in with a couple of goals then there isn't need for another striker.

ReputationRep:
    ^Lul. Lul. Lul. Do you have a prion-related disorder Basiji?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    1. Who is available?

2. Giroud is way too underrated among Arsenal fans. Just bring in a decent back up willing to warm the bench/be a super sub.

3. Most likely Sanchez would be used as the alternative when Giroud is unavailable (if we get him).

I am more than happy for Giroud to lead the line if we get Sanchez. His link up play, banging left foot and physicality :sogood:. And if Sanchez, Walcott, Ozil and Ramsey chip in with a couple of goals then there isn't need for another striker.
    He honestly is just a flashier version of Dirk ****ing Kuyt. ****s sake, we're better than this! Mandzukic, Remy , even Joel bloody Campbell inspires more confidence than Giroud. Oh btw, obvious trolling, same guy who thought Arteta was world class.

ReputationRep:
    He honestly is just a flashier version of Dirk ****ing Kuyt. ****s sake, we're better than this! Mandzukic, Remy , even Joel bloody Campbell inspires more confidence than Giroud. Oh btw, obvious trolling, same guy who thought Arteta was world class.
    Not even trolling mate. You obviously don't see his qualities and how he fits in our system. Thank the Lord you're not the manager.

PS never said Arteta was world class. He was banging in his first season at Arsenal though.

#ArseneKnows

ReputationRep:
    Not even trolling mate. You obviously don't see his qualities and how he fits in our system. Thank the Lord you're not the manager.

PS never said Arteta was world class. He was banging in his first season at Arsenal though.

#ArseneKnows
    Every time I see Giroud put on an Arsenal shirt the further I am pushed towards becoming an adopted Manchester City fan. He kicks the Arsenal out of every single fan. Worst striker we have ever had apart from Jeffers/Aliadiere.

ReputationRep:
    Every time I see Giroud put on an Arsenal shirt the further I am pushed towards becoming an adopted Manchester City fan. He kicks the Arsenal out of every single fan. Worst striker we have ever had apart from Jeffers/Aliadiere.
    :lolwut: Are you sure you're not the one trolling?

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: Are you sure you're not the one trolling?
    Serious. I want to turn off the tv whenever one of our midfielders pass him the ball. The gulf in talent is abominable.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.