Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    mine & ria's attempt to make them in parwich failed drastically. they were very very dark blue = exceedingly strong. ;no;

*sews dazis tongue back on*

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok let Dazi keep her tongue.

ReputationRep:
    Lololol - Just relayed this conversation to my mumma on the phone and she laughedddd. She still thinks karen lives in nottingham and is chris's gf and jen goes to Sheffield. But c'est la vie :p:

ReputationRep:
    What about poor Simon. No one cares about me.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha nobody even knows you EXIST simon.

and im going out with you now. HOW XCITIN.

wife swap !

ReputationRep:
    Eep. :p:

:rofl: Wife swap.

Ooh I get the bunny room!

ReputationRep:
    how will chris cope with all kazens puppies and horse :eek: ohdear

ReputationRep:
    Do you like minipigs Jen?

ReputationRep:
    I might take pictures of you all, put names, and vital statistics on and give them to my mother. Might save her a lot of hassle.

She just thinks Simon is a weird boy we've adopted. Which is partly true. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .jen.)
    Wow, that's cool! You learn something new every day :p: I thought you'd been in Preston since forever, nothing that exciting anyway! Is it hard with him being abroad or is it somehting you've managed to get used to? To be honest i don't blame him and can fully understand it. But it must be difficult!
    Well we still kept the same house in Preston even while we were in Kuwait, so in a way we've been there since forever, or since I was one year old at least.
    I actually prefer him abroad, it's so much less stressful. Once I hit puberty I no longer got on with my dad. At times I hate him. I even feel awkward every time I say or type 'my dad', it just doesn't feel right, I don't feel a connection to him for it to feel right to refer to his as that. 'My dad' moving back to England from Kuwait was the clinching factor that made me decide to come to university after all when I was seriously considering not doing so, as I knew I wouldn't be able to live happily in the same house as him, and didn't want to end up in the same situation as my best friend/next-door neighbour who was emotionally forced into leaving home at 17 because she didn't get along with her mum.
    It's a combination of me just not having grown up with him (when I was a lot younger he was basically in work all the time, so I never saw him then either), and him having some serious character flaws. I guess me being stubborn also comes into it.
    My mum finds it hard both having him in England and living abroad. Saying that, she admitted to me that she doesn't believe her and my dad would still be together if they'd been living together the entire length of their marriage, based on how hard it is when he is home. I love my mum for having the guts to be that honest with me.

Anyhoo, you probably weren't expecting that torrent of information. It's weird that with friends at uni you don't tend to have a clue about their home lives, where as back at home you do because you've grown up with them.

ReputationRep:
    i don't really know what one is :eek:

do you mean a guineapig? my guinipea squeaked all the time :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darielle)
    I might take pictures of you all, put names, and vital statistics on and give them to my mother. Might save her a lot of hassle.

Partly??

It's totally true. :p:

ReputationRep:
    even i admit my blue buddhas aren't as good as Darielles.

ReputationRep:
    Minipigs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darielle)

Awww bless, and lol.

Nonono, I don't actually want a horse, it's all about the dogs :p:

My mum does impressively with distinguishing all the Chris's, but seems useless at remembering who any of my females friends. Any name I mention has to be paired with a brief description of who they are when talking to my mum. :p:

ReputationRep:
    My mum knows Chris as Tranter and gets confused at all the other Chrises as I seem to collect them.

Nearly done! I am sooooo bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brak3n)
    Well we still kept the same house in Preston even while we were in Kuwait, so in a way we've been there since forever, or since I was one year old at least.
    I actually prefer him abroad, it's so much less stressful. Once I hit puberty I no longer got on with my dad. At times I hate him. I even feel awkward every time I say or type 'my dad', it just doesn't feel right, I don't feel a connection to him for it to feel right to refer to his as that. 'My dad' moving back to England from Kuwait was the clinching factor that made me decide to come to university after all when I was seriously considering not doing so, as I knew I wouldn't be able to live happily in the same house as him, and didn't want to end up in the same situation as my best friend/next-door neighbour who was emotionally forced into leaving home at 17 because she didn't get along with her mum.
    It's a combination of me just not having grown up with him (when I was a lot younger he was basically in work all the time, so I never saw him then either), and him having some serious character flaws. I guess me being stubborn also comes into it.
    My mum finds it hard both having him in England and living abroad. Saying that, she admitted to me that she doesn't believe her and my dad would still be together if they'd been living together the entire length of their marriage, based on how hard it is when he is home. I love my mum for having the guts to be that honest with me.

Anyhoo, you probably weren't expecting that torrent of information. It's weird that with friends at uni you don't tend to have a clue about their home lives, where as back at home you do because you've grown up with them.

Oh sorry i had absolutely no idea. I guess like you say it's good in the way that you don't spend your time missing him lots, cos if you were really close i can imagine how hard it would be. And like you say with him & your mum still together, it probably does make it easier for you both to still keep a decent relationship with him, rather than him always being there and you both falling out with him in a really awkward way, cos that'd be worse. Going to uni must have worked out for the best anyway though, all your new friends, Simon especially :p: trips to Abisko. All stuff you'd never get chance to have done so soon if you hadn't, so i guess you have him to thank for that :p:

I used to have big fights with my dad too because i was immature and he would always argue back so it would escalate loads cos he always wanted the last word etc :rolleyes: At one point my mum seriously thought they would have to split up because she thought it was tearing the family apart cos he'd get quite nasty with me, and she couldn't see how things would work as a "family" if we both carried on the way we were with each other. But that's a long story and it all sorted itself out. I blame myself for it mainly though, and it stopped pretty quickly when i saw how much it was wearing my mum out with it all and how upset she was that her husband and daughter couldn't even get along at one stage! I don't even think FiL knows all the details about that :p: But yeah, odd story and it's all in the past fortunately and we've somehow become quite close, but we had a scary amount of hate for each other at one point :s We still have petty arguments, but since being at uni and spending time apart we've totally changed with each other and actually show each other some kind of respect :p: It's true that you don't realise what you have until it's not there, and i guess being apart shows you that you do care really.

Anyway! It's very odd how you have no idea about other people at uni. Like you say, your school friends know pretty much everything about you, but we barely know anything beyond the surface! I guess we have plenty of time to find out random things though :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inferiormadbeing)
    Minipigs
    they're just normal pigs you dafty! piglets. course i know what a piglet is.

lololol i just noticed i type guinipea too. i got confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .jen.)
    they're just normal pigs you dafty! piglets. course i know what a piglet is.

lololol i just noticed i type guinipea too. i got confused.
    No man! They are pigs that are the siz of a piglet! Very small (mini :p:) pigs.

Dwarf pigs if you will. ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    theyre piglets that never grow old. a load of Sheepigs

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.