Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    It would help if I put the picture in woops

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They took the 1/2 out and then timesd the rest out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Jam Jam)
    Hi. Please don't worry - my mum is an invigilator and she says that the most important thing to put on your paper/papers is your candidate number followed by your name and centre number. If you didn't write the number of booklets used then that's ok. The scripts are immediately bagged up in candidate order and sent off to the examiner. Any loose sheets/booklets which have come away from the main paper will be slotted back into the main paper so its very very rare for any to go missing and you certainly won't be marked down for not filling in this detail. Hope that helps. Good luck with the rest of your exams.
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Which one the top square or the bottom?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Can anyone explain why a graph of P against 1/v goes through the origin?
    1/v cannot be 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Clockwork Apple)
    1/v cannot be 0
    got to let it be
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    got to let it be
    Why?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    It would help if I put the picture in woops

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Right so the first term:
    \frac{1}{2t}-\frac{t^{2}}{2t}\Rightarrow\frac  {1}{2}\left(\frac{1}{t}-t\right)

Second term:

\frac{2t^{3}}{2t}-\frac{2t^{5}}{2t}\Rightarrow t^{2}-t^{4}\Rightarrow t^{2}\left(1-t^2\right)

Third term:

\frac{6t}{2t}-\frac{6t^{3}}{2t}\Rightarrow 3-3t^{2}\Rightarrow3\left(1-t^{2}\right)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    I'm doing standard OCR Chem, so my course is a little different to yours, but knowing the chemical equation and the rate of formation of iodine, could you not work from there?
    Err could you explain how I would use those 2 things? Sorry Im really stupid haha

ReputationRep:
    1/v cannot be 0
    There are probably some assumptions that we use in our gas model which allows it to go through the origin as a result of extrapolation. Try having a gas in 0 volume in the first place... It's like a potential graph of the Earth and distance from centre - what are the gravitational forces like within the core? Very complicated stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Why?
    Well pressure and vol are inversely proportional

So if you plot pressure against reciprocal it just has to be linear through origin

When you do pv you see it's asymptotic

ReputationRep:
    Any tips on forgetting an exam you just sat even if you did very good?

I did very good in my last 2 exams but I have 8 more exams. I can't stop thinking about what ums I scored in the 2 recent tests.
    Does anyone else feel obsessed to know what mark they got after an exam? What do you do to forget about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Any tips on forgetting an exam you just sat even if you did very good?

I did very good in my last 2 exams but I have 8 more exams. I can't stop thinking about what ums I scored in the 2 recent tests.
    Does anyone else feel obsessed to know what mark they got after an exam? What do you do to forget about it?
    It's fairly normal to think about an exam after you've finished it but dwelling on it for too long definitely isn't healthy. There's no way you can know your mark before results day anyway so no point in obsessing over it. Just start revising and focus on your next exams.

ReputationRep:
    We all did 32?
    I dropped marks so stupidly
    I couldn't do the ii part of the integration question (3 marks) - I left it to the end and ran out of time
    And I dropped at least 1 mark for the complex roots question (as I had to use my calculator at one point).
    I did get the differential equation after 2 tries haha
    So I reckon I got 70/75 or so.
    I got to do the vector one. Do you remember what equation you got for that one? I only remember d was something like 15 or 19, and that a or b or c where 7, 1 and 4 in some order and with negative signs in one of them. (or something like that!)
    I've lost 10 marks
    (Original post by binarythoughts)
    So did I! Didn't like the differential question but the rest was okay
    I loved the differential question!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    I've lost 10 marks

I loved the differential question!
    Try this question then lol, it's probably my favourite maths question so far

ReputationRep:
    Hi can someone help me please????? Okay so i am doing a level english language and am hoping to get into uni with grades BBC needed, im aiming to get a C in my english.... in my year 12 coursework last year I got a B overall... however i retook it this year to try get an A and i used example courseworks of an A to help me as I used a similar structure... however my mean teacher has been saying that i may have cheated and saying I could get a 0 on my coursework, however now she is saying i dont need to worry ... but now i am worrying!?!?! The work i used is not online and i made it my own, so lets say the examiner did give me a 0... would they just take my B grade in the coursework from last year as I worked hard for it and i am stressing out as i really want to get into uni and my stupid teacher may have ruined it for me!!!? please someone reply i need help ahhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjjazmine)
    Hi can someone help me please????? Okay so i am doing a level english language and am hoping to get into uni with grades BBC needed, im aiming to get a C in my english.... in my year 12 coursework last year I got a B overall... however i retook it this year to try get an A and i used example courseworks of an A to help me as I used a similar structure... however my mean teacher has been saying that i may have cheated and saying I could get a 0 on my coursework, however now she is saying i dont need to worry ... but now i am worrying!?!?! The work i used is not online and i made it my own, so lets say the examiner did give me a 0... would they just take my B grade in the coursework from last year as I worked hard for it and i am stressing out as i really want to get into uni and my stupid teacher may have ruined it for me!!!? please someone reply i need help ahhhh
    Providing you haven't plagiarised anything, you don't need to worry. Also, if, by any chance, you got a lower grade than last year, then your higher grade would stand i.e. the B from last year so please don't worry. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    What if it came up some how saying i had plagiarised would they just give me 0 overall and not take my B? because i have worked so hard all year and i wouldnt want stupid thing to ruin it all!!

ReputationRep:
    i looked at a students piece of work from years ago which isnt on the web or anything, so an examiner wouldnt be like 'oh this reads similar to timmys from 2009s piece i wonder if she saw it', i reckon its the teachers trying to scare me as they have to cover their own backs as they would be disciplined etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Jam Jam)
    Providing you haven't plagiarised anything, you don't need to worry. Also, if, by any chance, you got a lower grade than last year, then your higher grade would stand i.e. the B from last year so please don't worry. Hope that helps.
    1. What if it came up some how saying i had plagiarised would they just give me 0 overall and not take my B? because i have worked so hard all year and i wouldnt want stupid thing to ruin it all!!
    2. i looked at a students piece of work from years ago which isnt on the web or anything, so an examiner wouldnt be like 'oh this reads similar to timmys from 2009s piece i wonder if she saw it', i reckon its the teachers trying to scare me as they have to cover their own backs as they would be disciplined etc?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone did edexcel s3 today.... pls tell me it is an hard paper

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.