Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    Islam states human beings have objective importance, and can be the best of the creation of Allah swt.
    That's one of the many things that hit me about Surah Al-Baqarah, when the Angels question the benefit of creating man. SubhaanAllah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Comfort? Reasons?
    You is indoctrinated bro!!
    He's just using the principles of abrogation bro.

(Original post by Tawheed)
    Peace be with you,

I would argue that it is absolutely fine to argue for the linguistics of the Quran. Both myself and brother ash have posted views of muslims and also non-muslim translators of the Quran, of christian and non-muslim arabs versed in fusah arabic, so much so there is almost an ijmah on the Qurans Arabic being the peak of the peak in expression, style, and a numerous number of other facets of the arabic language. When there is such an ijmah it is perfectly fine to read into what makes the Quran so special, and get a gist of it.

However, the absurdity of those criticizing the Quran poetic nature is they judge it on the english translation, so can not grasp the fact the beauty is in the Arabic with regards to its linguistic merits. If they criticize the arabic they go against the unified consensus - not just among one school in Islam, but between qualified individuals of different religions. As i said before, even the anti-islamic websites, surprisingly infact, don't go down this road. They just say 'Muhammed (pbuh) knew the importance of words and was a talented 'poet' ' Others may go down the former route, but i am yet to see that.

Ofcourse, the next best thing is learning Fusah Arabic, which i have been doing and should i pass the exams, InshAllah , i'm going to really go at it this summer. There's an excellent teacher and free books - provided by them online, as part of the Madina series. I'll try to link you all soon inshAllah.
    And to you.

I'm not saying it's not fine for you or Ash. I'm just saying; I have no clue, so it's something that I try to refrain from commenting on.

I prefer not to listen to them anyway, whether they speak arabic or not. I speak/read/write english, however this hasn't made me some great judge of english literature. So likewise with arabic, I'm not going listen to amateurs on the net, I'd rather watch people like NAK who are experts of the arabic language.

May Allah make your goal successful. And JazaakAllahu Khayran.

ReputationRep:

lol.

ReputationRep:
    But before we go on to consider those points in Mohammed s career which are really open to question, it may be well to recall a few prominent characteristics of the man who has stamped his impress so deeply on the Oriental world. Minute accounts of his appear ance and of his daily life have been preserved to us ; they may be found in most of the biographies, and Sir William Muir in particular has given us copious extracts from the writings of the secretary of Wakidy (Muir, Vol. IV., Supplement to Chap. XXXVII.).

Mohammed was of middle height and of a strongly built frame ; his head was large, and across his ample forehead, and above finely arching eyebrows, ran a strongly marked vein, which, when he was angry, would turn black and throb visibly. His eyes were coal black, and piercing in their brightness ; his hair curled slightly ; and a long beard, which, like other Orientals, he would stroke when in deep thought, added to the general impressiveness of his appear ance. His step was quick and firm, like that of one descending a hill. Between his shoulders was the famous mark, the size of a pigeon s egg, which his disciples persisted in believing to be the sign of his prophetic office ; while the light which kindled in his eye, like that which flashed from the precious stones in the breast-plate of the High Priest, they called the light of prophecy.

In his intercourse with others, he would sit silent among his companions for a long time together, but truly his silence was more eloquent than other men s speech, for the moment speech was called for, it was forthcoming in the shape of some weighty apothegm or proverb, such as the Arabs love to hear. When he laughed, he laughed heartily, shaking his sides, and showing his teeth, which looked as if they were hail stones. He was easy of approach to all who wished to see him, even as the river bank to him that draweth water therefrom. He was fond of animals, and they, as is often the case, were fond of him. He seldom passed a group of children playing together without a few kind words to them ; and he was never the first to withdraw his hand from the grasp of one who offered him his. If the warmth of his attachment may be measured, as in fact it may, by the depth of his friends devotion to him, no truer friend than Mo hammed ever lived. Around him, in quite early days, gathered what was best and noblest in Mecca ; and in no single instance, through all the vicissitudes of his chequered life, was the friendship then formed, ever broken. He wept like a child over the death of his faithful servant Zeid. He visited his mother s tomb some fifty years after her death, and he wept there because he believed that God had forbidden him to pray for her. He was naturally shy and retiring ; as bashful, said Ayesha, as a veiled virgin. He was kind and forgiving to all. I served him from the time I was eight years old, said his servant Anas, and he never scolded me for anything, though I spoiled much. The most noteworthy of his external characteristics was a sweet gravity and a quiet dignity, which drew involuntary respect, and which was the best, and often the only protection he enjoyed from insult.

His ordinary dress was plain, even to coarseness ; yet he was fastidious in arranging it to the best advantage. He was fond of ablutions, and fonder still of perfumes ; and he prided himself on the neat ness of his hair, and the pearly whiteness of his teeth. His life was simple in all its details. He lived with his wives in a row of humble cottages, separated from one another by palm branches, cemented together with mud. He would kindle the fire, sweep the floor, and milk the goats himself. Ayesha tells us that he slept upon a leathern mat, and that he mended his clothes, and even clouted his shoes, with his own hand. For months together, Ayesha is also our authority for saying that he did not get a sufficient meal. The little food that he had was always shared with those who dropped in to partake of it. Indeed, outside the Prophet s house was a bench or gallery, on which were always to be found a number of the poor who lived entirely on the Prophet s generosity, and were hence called the people of the bench. His ordinary food was dates and water, or barley bread ; milk and honey were luxuries of which he was fond, but which he rarely allowed himself. The fare of the desert seemed most congenial to him, even when he was sovereign of Arabia. One day some people passed by him with a basket of berries from one of the desert shrubs. Pick me out, he said to his companion, the blackest of those berries, for they are sweet even such as I was wont to gather when I fed the flocks of Mecca at Adgad.

Such were some of the characteristics of the man whom the Arabs were now called upon to recognise as the prophet of their country, and as a messenger direct from God.

[Mohammed and Mohammedenism, Rev. Bosworth Smith]

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

33:21to topSahih InternationalThere has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.

33:22to topSahih InternationalAnd when the believers saw the companies, they said, "This is what Allah and His Messenger had promised us, and Allah and His Messenger spoke the truth." And it increased them only in faith and acceptance.

33:23to topSahih InternationalAmong the believers are men true to what they promised Allah . Among them is he who has fulfilled his vow [to the death], and among them is he who awaits [his chance]. And they did not alter [the terms of their commitment] by any alteration

-33:24to topSahih InternationalThat Allah may reward the truthful for their truth and punish the hypocrites if He wills or accept their repentance. Indeed, Allah is ever Forgiving and Merciful.

33:25to topSahih InternationalAnd Allah repelled those who disbelieved, in their rage, not having obtained any good. And sufficient was Allah for the believers in battle, and ever is Allah Powerful and Exalted in Might.

33:26to topSahih InternationalAnd He brought down those who supported them among the People of the Scripture from their fortresses and cast terror into their hearts [so that] a party you killed, and you took captive a party.33:27to topSahih InternationalAnd He caused you to inherit their land and their homes and their properties and a land which you have not trodden. And ever is Allah , over all things, competent.

ReputationRep:
    It is narrated that Rasoolullah ﷺ said:

ﻋﻠﻴ َﻚ ﺑﺬﻛِﺮ اﷲِ وﺗﻼوةِ ﻛﺘﺎﺑِِﻪ ، ﻓﺈﻧﱠﻪُ ﻧﻮٌر ﻟ َﻚ ﰲ اﻷر ِض ، وِذﻛٌﺮ ﻟ َﻚ ﰲ اﻟﱠﺴﻤﺎِء
    "...Upon you is the Rememberance of Allah and the recitation of His Book, for it is light for you on earth and [a means by which] you will be mentioned in the Heavens.”

[Targhib wa-Tarhib no. 4/24, Jami as-Sagheer no. 5495]

ReputationRep:
    The Prophet ﷺ said,

إﱠن أﺣﺴَﻦ اﻟﻨﺎِس ﻗﺮاءةً ﻣﻦ إذا ﲰﻌﺘَﻪ ﻳﻘﺮأُ رأﻳ ُﺖ أﻧﻪ ﳜﺸﻰ اﷲ َ
    “Indeed the best of people who recite is one whom when you hear his recitation you can see that he Fears Allah.”

[Hiyatul Awliyah no. 4/21]

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Dat moment someone claims to have read something in Ibn Kathir's tafsir. You go check the tafsir and what they say isn't there. TSR scholarz strike again.

ReputationRep:
    Saw this on my fb wall. Pretty good short video, I recommend a watch.

ReputationRep:
    Brothers and Sisters, check out this beautiful New Qur'an website, Alhamdulilah: http://alpha.quran.com/1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrainJuice)
    Brothers and Sisters, check out this beautiful New Qur'an website, Alhamdulilah: http://alpha.quran.com/1
    JazaakAllah khair, reminds me, there's a really good site to help improve tajweed, salaah, etc..
    loveforquran.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    Wa 'alaykum assalaam

Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji'oon. Without His permission, we can achieve nothing - innallaaha 'ala kulli shay in qadeer (certainly, Allah is dominant over all things).
    Ameen.

JazakAllah Khair for your reply brother

Hope you all are well iA.

I saw a really good video the other day about making dua and can't seem to find it now; I shall post it here if I can. I think some of the key points were that we must pray with great sincerity, and have sincere expectation that Allah will grant us our dua, and also to pray when we are in sujood as this when we are the closest to Allah and most likely to have our duas answered, and finally that there seems to be some sort of major scholarly view or I think it comes from an authentic hadith (citation needed) that making dua after the Asr prayer and waiting to pray for Maghrib on Friday is an almost guarantee that our prayers will be answered?

I just wanted to share with you that making dua when in sujood has really, really helped me Alhamdulillah I have really felt the power of it recently, SubhanAllah. And really, Allah is Ar-Rahman Ar-Rahim.

I also remember reading somewhere that Allah likes us to make dua sometimes just because he wants to hear us asking Him for things, SubhanAllah.

So I really encourage you all to make duas in sujood.

And Allah knows best.

ReputationRep:
    Sahih Bukhari
    Book of retiring to a mosque for remembrance of Allah (I'tikaf)

Chapter: I'tikaf in the last ten days of Ramadhan

عَنْ أَبِي سَعِيدٍ الْخُدْرِيِّ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم كَانَ يَعْتَكِفُ فِي الْعَشْرِ الأَوْسَطِ مِنْ رَمَضَانَ، فَاعْتَكَفَ عَامًا حَتَّى إِذَا كَانَ لَيْلَةَ إِحْدَى وَعِشْرِينَ، وَهِيَ اللَّيْلَةُ الَّتِي يَخْرُجُ مِنْ صَبِيحَتِهَا مِنِ اعْتِكَافِهِ قَالَ ‏ "‏ مَنْ كَانَ اعْتَكَفَ مَعِي فَلْيَعْتَكِفِ الْعَشْرَ الأَوَاخِرَ، وَقَدْ أُرِيتُ هَذِهِ اللَّيْلَةَ ثُمَّ أُنْسِيتُهَا، وَقَدْ رَأَيْتُنِي أَسْجُدُ فِي مَاءٍ وَطِينٍ مِنْ صَبِيحَتِهَا، فَالْتَمِسُوهَا فِي الْعَشْرِ الأَوَاخِرِ، وَالْتَمِسُوهَا فِي كُلِّ وِتْرٍ ‏"‏‏.‏ فَمَطَرَتِ السَّمَاءُ تِلْكَ اللَّيْلَةَ، وَكَانَ الْمَسْجِدُ عَلَى عَرِيشٍ فَوَكَفَ الْمَسْجِدُ، فَبَصُرَتْ عَيْنَاىَ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَلَى جَبْهَتِهِ أَثَرُ الْمَاءِ وَالطِّينِ، مِنْ صُبْحِ إِحْدَى وَعِشْرِينَ‏.‏

Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri:
    Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to practice I`tikaf in the middle ten days of Ramadan and once he stayed in I`tikaf till the night of the twenty-first and it was the night in the morning of which he used to come out of his I`tikaf. The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Whoever was in I`tikaf with me should stay in I`tikaf for the last ten days, for I was informed (of the date) of the Night (of Qadr) but I have been caused to forget it. (In the dream) I saw myself prostrating in mud and water in the morning of that night. So, look for it in the last ten nights and in the odd ones of them." It rained that night and the roof of the mosque dribbled as it was made of leaf stalks of date-palms. I saw with my own eyes the mark of mud and water on the forehead of the Prophet (i.e. in the morning of the twenty-first).

Reference : Sahih Bukhari 2027
    In-book reference: Book 33, hadith 3
    USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 3, book 33, hadith 244

ReputationRep:
    يَوْمَ يَجْمَعُكُمْ لِيَوْمِ ٱلْجَمْعِ ۖ ذَٰلِكَ يَوْمُ ٱلتَّغَابُنِ ۗ وَمَن يُؤْمِنۢ بِٱللَّهِ وَيَعْمَلْ صَٰلِحًا يُكَفِّرْ عَنْهُ سَيِّـَٔاتِهِۦ وَيُدْخِلْهُ جَنَّٰتٍ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا ٱلْأَنْهَٰرُ خَٰلِدِينَ فِيهَآ أَبَدًا ۚ ذَٰلِكَ ٱلْفَوْزُ ٱلْعَظِيمُ

Sahih International
    The Day He will assemble you for the Day of Assembly - that is the Day of Deprivation. And whoever believes in Allah and does righteousness - He will remove from him his misdeeds and admit him to gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever. That is the great attainment.

[Surah at-Taghabun (The Mutual Disillusion), 64: verse 9]

ReputationRep:
    Last exam today Alhumdulillah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LotusBlue)

Very jealous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binarythoughts)
    Very jealous!
    Lol sorry After the two most stressful exam weeks of my life.. so glad its gona be over!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LotusBlue)
    Not Fair!! :mad:

My exams finishes on 12 June

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.