Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate England Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Doran)
    If Ox and Barkley keep playing like this then they are certainly going to be challenging Rooney for a spot in the team. If the decision had to be made now I think you would have to pick Ox, Sterling and Lallana behind Sturridge.
    Great hit by Lambert, not an easy chance.
    Would love to see Sterling come on, this game is made for him.
    i agree - rooney gets too much leeway
    he is a great player, but i don't think england need him as much as some of the pundits make out
    AOC has been massively more influential in this game

although i would still start rooney in the world cup due to his experience and potential moments of magic
    i would play sterling and AOC on the wings with rooney in behind sturridge
    potential to bring on lallana and barkley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordooooom)
    It's not even comparable.. Scotland have to face fairly decent opposition. Do you genuinely believe that being able to beat the likes of San Marino make you good? Really?! Hahahaha
    Do you understand how this whole system works? Teams are ranked based on results they pick up against a variety of teams at a variety of standards so beating Brazil would boost your rank by a lot whilst beating San Marino would not. Teams are then seeded based on their rank. If Scotland are playing good teams it is because they are seeded so badly they have to play a good team whilst England are high enough in the rankings to not have to face a good side.
    Scotland finished below Serbia and Croatia and in qualifying you were in a group with the Republic of Macedonia, who you managed to draw to. I think that says enough.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney off thank ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Just looks nervous more than anything, him and Jones dropping pretty deep, Shaw very conservative staying back as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh. Shaw hasn't looked great at all. Must be woy's instructions. Milner showing that there's more to playing fullbacks than meets the eye. He's looked as uncomfortable as I've ever seen him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank ****ing god.

ReputationRep:
    Flanagan is Craster's son that got away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    You spelt Glasgow wrong m8.
    I said gunshot not stab wound Wilfred little ****

ReputationRep:
    Lols

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you understand how this whole system works? Teams are ranked based on results they pick up against a variety of teams at a variety of standards so beating Brazil would boost your rank by a lot whilst beating San Marino would not. Teams are then seeded based on their rank. If Scotland are playing good teams it is because they are seeded so badly they have to play a good team whilst England are high enough in the rankings to not have to face a good side.
    Scotland finished below Serbia and Croatia and in qualifying you were in a group with the Republic of Macedonia, who you managed to draw to. I think that says enough.
    Youu don't saaaaay?! The fifa rankings system is completely messed up. Hence why Portugal are currently third in the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Flanagan is Craster's son that got away
    Nice, loved that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I said gunshot not stab wound Wilfred little ****
    My penis is 4.45 inches actually, which is above average in Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    Youu don't saaaaay?! The fifa rankings system is completely messed up. Hence why Portugal are currently third in the world
    No comment on what I said about Scotland? Nothing on your draw to Macedonia or your finishing below Croatia and Serbia in your group?

ReputationRep:
    .... wut.

ReputationRep:
    how the hell is sterling so strong?

also, great shot...:dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    My penis is 4.45 inches actually, which is above average in Scotland.
    Hmm no it isn't. But did you read the recent study where English men came top of the worst lovers list?

No wonder they try and pretend to be scottish by wearing kilts at weddings :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    That's an absolute screamer although it doesn't happen if England have Gerrard and Henderson on the pitch, they are always there to block them. Today England have been absolutely shocking defensively but not one of the back 5 will get a look in for the important games. This is a second team from England and some of them have played well.

ReputationRep:
    Why is nobody closing down? Begging for it to be hit. Wilshire/Lampard and Gerrard isn't going to work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    England have yet to draw 2-2 at full time under Roy Hodgson

ReputationRep:
    No comment on what I said about Scotland? Nothing on your draw to Macedonia or your finishing below Croatia and Serbia in your group?
    Mostly due to a completely inept manager. With strachan I believe we are currently on a streak of 6 or 7 games without a loss?

England are only 11 places above Scotland in your precious rankings

ReputationRep:
    James Milner's getting ruined tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.