Texan88
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
My car doesn't even have 100bhp.
It's a 10yr old 1.4l.

My point is though, to the letter of the law, I can drive as fast as you, further than you and cheaper than you.

American cars always rely on *huge* engines but are unrefined. In all but the rarest cases, a European V6 or V8 will be half the size the capacity of an American one, yet turn out the same or greater power. It's just wastefulness. You can have extreme performance and frugalness.

Not completely true, the engine in my car may be pushrod but it actually has ALOT of tech in it. taking the most extreme case of small engine for a better amount of hp we can take the chevy ls9 (6.2L v8 628hp) closest to that in its price range well tbh nothing at all you show me a eurocar that makes OVER 630hp for LESS than the 100k msrp and I'll eat my words
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Texan88)
Not completely true, the engine in my car may be pushrod but it actually has ALOT of tech in it. taking the most extreme case of small engine for a better amount of hp we can take the chevy ls9 (6.2L v8 628hp) closest to that in its price range well tbh nothing at all you show me a eurocar that makes OVER 630hp for LESS than the 100k msrp and I'll eat my words

My point is though, that cars don't need to be that powerful.

I'll bet that any of the cars you're talking about would be trounced by cars like the BMW M5, which 'only' has about 500bhp.

A 6.2l engine is not small...

Aaaanyway, this isn't the motoring forum.
Texan88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My point is though, that cars don't need to be that powerful.

I'll bet that any of the cars you're talking about would be trounced by cars like the BMW M5, which 'only' has about 500bhp.

A 6.2l engine is not small...

Aaaanyway, this isn't the motoring forum.

M5 has a 5.0L V10 and no not at all the m5 gets walked VERY badly by the zr1

The z06 a step down from the zr1 beats the m5 as well

I'm gonna make a thread in the motoring forum in the end saying cars dont need to be that powerful is moot if that was true we would all be driving reliant robins
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
M5 has a 5.0L V10 and no not at all the m5 gets walked VERY badly by the zr1

The z06 a step down from the zr1 beats the m5 as well

I'm gonna make a thread in the motoring forum in the end saying cars done need to be that powerful is moot if that was true we would all be driving reliant robins

Power is fine so long as the cars are suitably well built to cope with it.

Z06 and ZR1 are fast in a straight line or on the US highways, but put them on European roads or on a tight circuit and they're lost. And they drink fuel. It's just a priniciply different way of doing things. And remember, every good thing [aside from {certain} styling] about US cars will have come from Europe

One of the fastest road cars going - and the most powerful [bhp/ton] - is one with a 2l engine.
Texan88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Check the track time for the nurburgring 2 american cars are in the top 10 ahead of the porsche gt2 porsche turbo bugatti veyron, aston martin dbs etc
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
And the fastest is English.
Texan88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
And the fastest is English.
But barely street legal if at all, actually is it street legal at all in america? And would you drive it daily like you can with a few of the cars in those top cars
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tbh I wouldn't care if it was road legal in the US :p:

Just because you could drive a car like that everyday, why would you? Makes it less special to park it up outside tesco...
Interrobang
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Riches are what you can earn from things like submitting coursework or doing ps help - people normally use them to buy subscriptions to Tsr
Texan88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tbh I wouldn't care if it was road legal in the US :p:

Just because you could drive a car like that everyday, why would you? Makes it less special to park it up outside tesco...
LOL not really what I was getting at, the other few you can drive to the pub w/o a helmet, when it rains, when you done want your spine crushed by the suspension. Really can't do that with the radical
Texan88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xKTx)
Riches are what you can earn from things like submitting coursework or doing ps help - people normally use them to buy subscriptions to Tsr
Thank you for explaining that, still a bit fuzzy but I think I understand the concept
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thank you for explaining that, still a bit fuzzy but I think I understand the concept

Think of it as an alternative form of rep.
Texan88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Think of it as an alternative form of rep.
Gotcha :o:
iced_dragon_agility
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
afternoon
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey you.

How goes it?
iced_dragon_agility
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
goes well! just got in from last night's antics of trampolining, star gazing and mario kart wii and pizza! Tired now, but some epic photos were taken

you?
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Only just in?!!? Jeesh. Bloody show off! :p:

Sod all. Nothing's happening. Lazy quiet boring sunday.... :sigh: Nobody around, nothing to do...

God I sound exciting :sad:
omicronlyrae
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I ended up having a pretty good evening and stuff. though i haven't been awake long... :o:
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Damn you all for having lives :rant:
Interrobang
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sounds like a good evening ida! I had a great day yesterday so now I've got a very 'nothing' day to make up for it!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (16)
29.63%
No - I got the required grades (30)
55.56%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (8)
14.81%

Watched Threads