Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Fabregas would have shown up at the Emirates if he had had an argument with Wenger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CupidStunt)
    Does anyone think Fabregas isn't actually injured? Maybe him and Wenger had an argument about him wanting to go to Barca this summer and Arsene dropped him from the squad.. Just a theory lol

Doesn't bother me too much seeing as Ramsey played his socks off
    A lot of people were suggesting that his head wasn't in the right place (broke up with his gf too apparently). Bit coincidental after what Wenger said about the pressure on Cesc and everything. Not heard anyone suggest it was an argument about Barca- Fabregas respects Wenger far too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badger-man)
    I don't think Fabregas would have shown up at the Emirates if he had had an argument with Wenger
    I still don't know why he wore what he wore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antonfigo)
    I still don't know why he wore what he wore.
    Huh?
    He was wearing a leather jacket and jeans wasn't he?

ReputationRep:
    Next season

Nasri..... RvP.....Walcott
    Rosicky.....Walcott.....Arshavin

Wilshere.....Song......Fabregas
    Ramsey.....New DM.....Ramsey

Clichy.....Vermaelen.....Kosciel ny.....Sagna
    Traore.....Djourou.....New CB.....New RB

Szezny
    New GK

Maybe a CB who can play right back might be better. (or vice versa)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Next season

Nasri..... RvP.....Walcott
    Rosicky.....Walcott.....Arshavin

Wilshere.....Song......Fabregas
    Ramsey.....New DM.....Ramsey

Clichy.....Vermaelen.....Kosciel ny.....Sagna
    Traore.....Djourou.....New CB.....New RB

Szezny
    New GK

Maybe a CB who can play right back might be better. (or vice versa)
    Get rid of Rosicky, have Ryo Miyaichi as a back-up winger maybe? And Djourou should be starting ahead of Kos imo.. Also Fabianski is good enough to be our 2nd choice keeper.

Agree with the rest though.

EDIT: We've also got that new full back Carl Jenkinson from Charlton. He can be back up for Sagna and Clichy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CupidStunt)
    Get rid of Rosicky, have Ryo Miyaichi as a back-up winger maybe? And Djourou should be starting ahead of Kos imo.. Also Fabianski is good enough to be our 2nd choice keeper.

Agree with the rest though.

EDIT: We've also got that new full back Carl Jenkinson from Charlton. He can be back up for Sagna and Clichy.
    I think I'm willing to give Rosicky another chance for one full season. He has been here for a while so obviously knows the system. He'll be backup and possibly thrid choice given the fact that Arshavin can cover both wings.

We also need to get rid of the dead wood (Bendtner/Eboue/Denilson/Diaby/Squillaci/Vela) and replace them with hungry players coming in through the ranks. (JET/Eastmond/Lansbury/Frimpong). A bit like what Pool are doing, but not as extreme.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal were amazing today hope Venga doesn't change the team or adds any experience to it. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Bendtner/Eboue/Denilson/Diaby/Squillaci/Vela) and replace them with hungry players coming in through the ranks. (JET/Eastmond/Lansbury/Frimpong). A bit like what Pool are doing, but not as extreme.
    QFT

Need more with the energy of Wilshere and today Ramsey running around like dogs harassing the opponents especially for the cold Tuesday nights in Stoke.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing the energy of Frimpong which I have in the reserves, looks like he's got a decent engine and very pacy.

Also the tank that is JET - hopefully we can utilise him in set pieces especially when defending free kicks.

ReputationRep:
    Great Arsenal cup final there :p:

ReputationRep:

Szczesny
    Sagna......Djourou......TV5..... .Clichy
    Song
    Fabregas..................Wilshe re
    Ramsey/Nasri
    ...............van Persie
    Walcott

Not gonna happen, but it would be interesting. Song covering, Fabregas quarter-backing, Wilshere being Gattuso, Ramsey and Nasri interchanging depending on form/fitness, RVP pulling back to shoot and to play passes through to Walcott, who hangs off the last man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Great Arsenal cup final there :p:
    Arsenal can't win cup finals :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    Although I'm very happy with the result, question has to be asked... why didn't the players play like that against liverpool, blackburn, sunderland and wba.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, great win & happy for Ramsey but it won't make me forget our poor run in. Arsenal actually turned up today and the defence were solid but can't help but feel we only won beacuse the pressure was off?

Anyway Ramsey to score against Stoke :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Whos better ? Kos or Djourou ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antonfigo)
    Whos better ? Kos or Djourou ?
    They're both decent options.

Koscielny has done a really good job this year for the most part, and I don't understand a lot of the criticism he receives. The guy is strong, fast and pretty determined, he is decent aerially and cultured in the pass. Barcelona and United at the Emirates sit in memory as standout displays against World class players. That run he made yesterday was absolutely insane.

Djourou has improved quicker than expected, and I think Arsene is also surprised by how he's stepped up. His coming of age performance was marshalling Drogba in the game at the Emirates this year, where he did fantastically well.

They're both competitors and I'd almost be happy with the pair of them as our CB partnering. I think we've lost out this year not because of those two, but because of the fill-ins, specifically Squillaci who has been less than reliable.

If I had my choice my first defensive 4 might even be:

Sagna Djourou Koscielny Vermaelen

Particularly in the bigger games where defensive sturdiness were essential. I'd even consider deploying Djourou/Vermaelen in the DM slot if Song ever got hurt.

It will be great to have those 3, and one other purchase in the hunt for our CB slots. We need one other decent CB. I'd quite like someone in the Metersacker mould, aged experienced and powerful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)

If I had my choice my first defensive 4 might even be:

Sagna Djourou Koscielny Vermaelen

Particularly in the bigger games where defensive sturdiness were essential. I'd even consider deploying Djourou/Vermaelen in the DM slot if Song ever got hurt.

It will be great to have those 3, and one other purchase in the hunt for our CB slots. We need one other decent CB. I'd quite like someone in the Metersacker mould, aged experienced and powerful.
    Agreed, but it would never happen.

ReputationRep:
    They actually made a good point on Match of the Day 2 last night - we were actually putting the ball in the box as quickly as possible, even if there was no-one in there.

You saw how panicky Vidic was on both of Theo's first two crosses - first smacking it straight to Wilshere and then the handball - so then they started flooding the box for crosses in the second half and Ramsey capitalised.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say more that Ramsey's goal was classic of late nineties Arsenal.

Ljungberg and Pires beating them down the wing and then Henry or Bergkamp arriving in the box with speed to slide into the empty net.

With our pace we should be doing more of it if anything.

Next season against bus teams we should be using RVP and Bendtner/a new CF to apply pressure at the front. We should keep our 4-3-3 for closing out counterattacking and the bigger games.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, but it would never happen.
    is TV fast enough to be an effective LB? I've not payed much attention to his pace..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.