Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lollipopsftw)
    I know this is highly irrelevant right now but does anyone mind sharing their gcse results because I'm Getting mines next week and I'm kinda scared

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No one cares about GCSEs on this thread - go to the GCSE one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pessimist)
    Any AS students in here? I feel dominated by the A2 mob
    Go away
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by annemariemoore)
    They're my firm. And awh, that's too bad. But at least Nottingham's an awesome uni!
    Then I would assume you're in And thanks, it'll take a while but I'm sure I'll like Nottingham as like you say its a great university and in the top 10 for Maths too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sannn)
    No one cares about GCSEs on this thread - go to the GCSE one!
    rude...

ReputationRep:
    desperately refreshing my emails since my college decided to tell us we would be emailed 'before 7:30am' WHO ON EARTH CAN SLEEP UNDER THESE CONDITIONS?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divergent)
    It's my insurance.
    Could be highly likely I'm going there though. My course seems to be in clearing ~
    What subject? Mines pharmacy
    A word of warning if Keele if your insurance and you get in then you do not get on campus accommodation, you have to find your own living arrangements either with privately owned halls or through a private landlord

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc1234567890)
    rude...
    Thank you very much for your input, I highly appreciate it, along with everyone else on this forum who had to read your bragging over your non-existent GCSE grades

ReputationRep:
    I don't have an insurance choice, if I don't get into my firm shall I call them up and try get in ( hi you rejected me but I want a place ) or shall I go straight on to new unis in clearing ? X

ReputationRep:
    I know this is highly irrelevant right now but does anyone mind sharing their gcse results because I'm Getting mines next week and I'm kinda scared

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry about them too much. At the time, they seem like a huge deal, but as long as you do well at English language and maths that's all that /really/ matters. I did exceedingly averagely at GCSE (2A*, 2A, 5B, 1C) and I got five university offers.

ReputationRep:
    Hm do I check ucas before I go pick up my results or not? I just want to find out whether I'm in...but, assuming I get the grades needed, I feel the surprise will be better when I open my results for the first time! Hmmmmmmmmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parry_93)
    A word of warning if Keele if your insurance and you get in then you do not get on campus accommodation, you have to find your own living arrangements either with privately owned halls or through a private landlord
    They emailed me saying they 95% can get insurance candidates onto campus. It's just clearing ones who may struggle.
    I have friends there who went there via insurance, they all got accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhpsychology)
    Has anyone received emails from Newcastle uni yet? I desperately want to be accepted for chemical engineering, but not hopeful :-(
    I'm awaiting Newcastle's email too! Nope, no emails yet, keep me posted please if you hear anything!!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    2A* 4A 4B

If you're not aiming for medicine or Oxbridge, you don't have to worry about GCSEs as long as they're not terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thatstudentdude)
    Hm do I check ucas before I go or not? I just want to find out whether I'm in...but, assuming I get the grades needed, I feel the surprise will be better when I open my results for the first time! Hmmmmmmmmm.
    UCAS DDoS allowing, I'm going to check at 08:00, get the tears out, then go and pick up my certificates.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by parry_93)
    x
    They are great, I live in a small village now, so it'll just be like transplanting myself if I do end up at Keele.

Have you applied to Keele? If so, (and even if you havnt) what course?

x
    Biomedical Science for me, it seems it's also in clearing which gives me a small piece of hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usernameishard)
    desperately refreshing my emails since my college decided to tell us we would be emailed 'before 7:30am' WHO ON EARTH CAN SLEEP UNDER THESE CONDITIONS?!!
    They'll probably send it at 7:29

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They emailed me saying they 95% can get insurance candidates onto campus. It's just clearing ones who may struggle.
    I have friends there who went there via insurance, they all got accommodation.
    Clearly Keele made a typo on the website then! They just said 'insurance' choices...
    Still :squirrel:

ReputationRep:
    Mindlessly refreshing the page and reading all the comments, because thats how nervous I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sannn)
    Thank you very much for your input, I highly appreciate it, along with everyone else on this forum who had to read your bragging over your non-existent GCSE grades
    I'm sorry I was just asking a simple question but if not you could've just responded in a much polite manner. Sorry if I interrupted anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    woooo Adrenaline rushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.