Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you got flamini and sanogo on a free. :rofl: :rofl: he better be putting in a big signing as this is a joke.
    Tbf it's actually a good signing but considering the circumstances overly overly overly underwhelming...
    Still not stronger than spurs yet though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you got flamini and sanogo on a free. :rofl: :rofl: he better be putting in a big signing as this is a joke.
    Tbf it's actually a good signing but considering the circumstances overly overly overly underwhelming...
    Think once Bale leaves and Wenger eventually signs a few players well be better. No Willian for them either, oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    Flamini came on a free. Left on a free. Came back a 2nd time as a free

And wenger still ain't spent a dime :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Jack will definitely start.
    I highly doubt it. I hope Wenger learnt from his mistake of overplaying him.

ReputationRep:
    How will Arsenal feel if Wenger doesn't buy a CDM (which looks unlikely now that Flamini) has arrived.

Imo it's the most important position we're lacking in and have lacked for some time. We lost Song and haven't got a rock there anymore to cover ground, be creative and can also defend. The Villa game, rightly or wrongly, showed how someone like a Gustavo or Bender or even a Scott Parker would've done a good job.

More important than another CAM/CM, ST, LW, GK imo.

I guess Flamini will play there, just a question of whether he can still cut it in the premier league. Players who come back rarely do well.

ReputationRep:
    Is it true Flamini was on 25k a month when he was at arsenal previously?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Think once Bale leaves and Wenger eventually signs a few players well be better. No Willian for them either, oh dear.
    Doubt we'd get Willian tbh. It doesn't make sense when hazard and schurlle play in that position and moses is there for home grown rules. Just an agent ploy tbh. Or we're stupid enough to sell mata.

ReputationRep:
    How will Arsenal feel if Wenger doesn't buy a CDM (which looks unlikely now that Flamini) has arrived.

Imo it's the most important position we're lacking in and have lacked for some time. We lost Song and haven't got a rock there anymore to cover ground, be creative and can also defend. The Villa game, rightly or wrongly, showed how someone like a Gustavo or Bender or even a Scott Parker would've done a good job.

More important than another CAM/CM, ST, LW, GK imo.

I guess Flamini will play there, just a question of whether he can still cut it in the premier league. Players who come back rarely do well.
    Song was never a rock anyway, he wanted to be a CAM and this was evident when he always bombed forward and left the back exposed.

ReputationRep:
    If we get Di Maria and Cabaye (which is entirely realistic) then we are stronger than Spurs tbf (assuming Bale leaves and Willian joins Chelsea). I can't see them getting Lamela. Also since there is no Bale who's going to be the one scoring them last minute winners when the teams struggling, Soldado is a good player but I haven't seen him bang them in from outside the box.

ReputationRep:
    flamini>bale

ReputationRep:
    Some one weed out the trolls in this thread pls.

ReputationRep:
    too much trollery in here, u got hardcore fans like Zurich and co who still probably sleep in their afc quilt covers going ballistic at the nonsensical posts,

pls stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Vain)
    Song was never a rock anyway, he wanted to be a CAM and this was evident when he always bombed forward and left the back exposed.
    True but at least he made crunching tackles. Our midfield players today don't do much. Wilshere does sometimes but he's not really built to make those sorts of tackles.

Our problems stem back to Viera really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    If we get Di Maria and Cabaye (which is entirely realistic) then we are stronger than Spurs tbf (assuming Bale leaves and Willian joins Chelsea). I can't see them getting Lamela. Also since there is no Bale who's going to be the one scoring them last minute winners when the teams struggling, Soldado is a good player but I haven't seen him bang them in from outside the box.
    Yeah, but lets be honest willian isn't going Chelsea, if you believe that then david luiz would be a barca player 6 months after joining Chelsea. It makes no sense whatsoever. I don't think Di Maria will leave, a big problem with madrid last year was lack of squad depth so a ADM injury meant an appearance for callejon, right now with their approach I still think Di Maria has a role to play, There's only one striker and 2 natural wingers. Kaka is leaching circa 200k on the bench while Modric isn't a winger and tbh they don't have anymore depth than the current bayern team if they got bale(they'd be stronger but not more depth than bayern in those positions)

ReputationRep:
    True but at least he made crunching tackles. Our midfield players today don't do much. Wilshere does sometimes but he's not really built to make those sorts of tackles.

Our problems stem back to Viera really
    Was Vieira even a DM? Gilberto Silva was the invisible wall tbh :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Was gonna say that Viera was probably more of a Schweinsteigger(well under heynckes anyway) than a Makalele.

ReputationRep:
    Was Vieira even a DM? Gilberto Silva was the invisible wall tbh :adore:
    I don't think technically speaking he was one but people look back and regard him as a CDM than a CM I think.

Anyhow, we are missing that steel. One thing that's annoying is that teams just aren't scared of playing Arsenal like previous years, they're happy to have a go and probably because in midfield we haven't got any real ball winners.

I stand by the point that CDM is our most important position to fill. Arteta's done a good job but with that money, surely you stop playing someone out of position

ReputationRep:
    I don't think technically speaking he was one but people look back and regard him as a CDM than a CM I think.

Anyhow, we are missing that steel. One thing that's annoying is that teams just aren't scared of playing Arsenal like previous years, they're happy to have a go and probably because in midfield we haven't got any real ball winners.

I stand by the point that CDM is our most important position to fill. Arteta's done a good job but with that money, surely you stop playing someone out of position
    Yeah Ive slated Arteta but when hes not playing you can literally see clear grass for the opposition to run into, as Agbanlahor did with ludicrous ease the other day. Arteta is not a DM really but tactically switched on enough to do most of the duties of a DM.

Will be unbelievable if Flamini is actually our DM signing though when previously our target was Bender/Gustavo...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Ive slated Arteta but when hes not playing you can literally see clear grass for the opposition to run into, as Agbanlahor did with ludicrous ease the other day. Arteta is not a DM really but tactically switched on enough to do most of the duties of a DM.

Will be unbelievable if Flamini is actually our DM signing though when previously our target was Bender/Gustavo...
    Praying we go in for a DM. I'd happily keep inconsistent Di Maria away (not that he even wants to come to us tbh) and keep Podolski - also inconsistent but we're not playing him where he excels and he's a game changer in the last 20. Selling Podolski and buying Di Maria wouldn't achieve much imo. Whereas a DM could do masses for our entire squad given that it's a spinal position of the squad.

I'd be frustrated if we didn't get one. But who knows, only Arsene knows I guess lol

Flamini shouldn't be more than a back up. 29. If he was good enough to start he would be at AC Milan still. He's another Diaby going by his injury record. Let's hope Diaby comes back and does an RVP because we saw against Chelsea that he's come a long way and is excellent...just these f-ing injuries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bronco2012)
    I should mention, we don't mind sitting in the home end. If that changes anything.
    Stoke probably your best bet dunno when the game actually is though

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.