Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Almasy)
    Serious. I want to turn off the tv whenever one of our midfielders pass him the ball. The gulf in talent is abominable.
    You mean turn off the stream from your armchair

ReputationRep:
    Serious. I want to turn off the tv whenever one of our midfielders pass him the ball. The gulf in talent is abominable.
    Agree. For every fancy flick that comes off there are hours of dross to endure. Wayward shooting, promising attacking moves coming to an abrupt end and that annoying bemused look we see so often plastered all over his face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    You mean turn off the stream from your armchair
    Any mug can see that he is midtable quality at best. Give a player like Jelavic the supply of Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla, Wilshere and he too would look half-decent at times. We are better than this.

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez deal will get hijacked

I know it

**** you

ReputationRep:
    Ffs, we were praising Giroud up until December, now people don't want him anywhere near the first eleven. I swear some Arsenal fans piss me off. He is still a very good player, frustrating at times but he is far from the player some of you make him out to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    Agree. For every fancy flick that comes off there are hours of dross to endure. Wayward shooting, promising attacking moves coming to an abrupt end and that annoying bemused look we see so often plastered all over his face.
    Any mug can see that he is midtable quality at best. Give a player like Jelavic the supply of Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla, Wilshere and he too would look half-decent at times. We are better than this.
    http://www.squawka.com/comparison-ma...earances#total

Squaka is a very useful tool

Giroud excels in every department...but that's none of my bussiness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    1. Who is available?

2. Giroud is way too underrated among Arsenal fans. Just bring in a decent back up willing to warm the bench/be a super sub.

3. Most likely Sanchez would be used as the alternative when Giroud is unavailable (if we get him).

I am more than happy for Giroud to lead the line if we get Sanchez. His link up play, banging left foot and physicality :sogood:. And if Sanchez, Walcott, Ozil and Ramsey chip in with a couple of goals then there isn't need for another striker.
    Lmao you love Giroud way too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Arsenal and Liverpool's around the same level.
    debateable, both have a better system than you atm though. that could change depending on LVG tactics though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Stacks)
    Ffs, we were praising Giroud up until December, now people don't want him anywhere near the first eleven. I swear some Arsenal fans piss me off. He is still a very good player, frustrating at times but he is far from the player some of you make him out to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He has improved but I still think he isn't good enough to be spear heading Arsenal's attack. We saw last year he simply failed to deliver against the big teams in the big games when we may only get two or three decent chances.

I do think, however, with Sanchez coming (maybe), a better Ozil and a fit Walcott and Ramsey, Giroud can make a positive contribution. But I still think we someone of a good quality to push him. If you don't perform, I'm in. We saw it last year with Sanogo taking his place numerous times. He needs to up his game. Or it may be that Arsenal and leading our attack is too much to ask of him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    debateable, both have a better system than you atm though. that could change depending on LVG tactics though.
    Well yeah we don't know what system we'll play yet. But I mean based on just players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    We saw last year he simply failed to deliver against the big teams in the big games when we may only get two or three decent chances.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    the midfield should be doing better then really. we cant be giving giroud 2 or 3 chances per game. he's only anonymous in big games because or midfield falls apart so hard that they cant keep the ball in the opposition half for more than 3 minutes which means he doesnt get a chance to play off players etc.

not defending giroud and would prefer mandzukic but he's not as waste as you lot are claiming.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.squawka.com/comparison-ma...earances#total

Squaka is a very useful tool

Giroud excels in every department...but that's none of my bussiness
    It's nice to know he can defend unfortunately that's not what he was bought for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    It's nice to know he can defend unfortunately that's not what he was bought for
    Urm I think that precisely why we bought him.

It's nice to know he works the all over the pitch for the TEAM not just in the final third for himself. Are you telling me his height and strength aren't valuable in defending corners?

Can you come back with proper evidence that Giroud isn't good enough

ReputationRep:
    Urm I think that precisely why we bought him.

It's nice to know he works the all over the pitch for the TEAM not just in the final third for himself. Are you telling me his height and strength aren't valuable in defending corners?

Can you come back with proper evidence that Giroud isn't good enough
    Yes we bought robin van persies replacement to defend corners.

It's nice of him to work all over the pitch unfortunately he doesn't do it where it matters

ReputationRep:

It's nice of him to work all over the pitch unfortunately he doesn't do it where it matters
    :ahee::ahee::ahee:killing me lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Giroud isn't RVP replacement, he was never meant to be, He was sign to provide alternatives upfront. It's not Giroud fault Wenger hasn't found a striker to replace RVP.

Doesn't do it where it matters? He scored 22 goals this season and provided 9 assists including that backheel for Ramsey to score the winner in the FA Cup final. He kept fit all season whilst other key players got injured. Giroud doesn't get enough credit for all work that he has done.

Yet to see this football knowledge Bacon has.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's right mate Ian Ayre is genius :lol:.

img host

ReputationRep:
    Giroud isn't RVP replacement, he was never meant to be, He was sign to provide alternatives upfront. It's not Giroud fault Wenger hasn't found a striker to replace RVP.

Doesn't do it where it matters? He scored 22 goals this season and provided 9 assists including that backheel for Ramsey to score the winner in the FA Cup final. He kept fit all season whilst other key players got injured. Giroud doesn't get enough credit for all work that he has done.

Yet to see this football knowledge Bacon has.
    Yes he clearly is rvps replacement. How anyone could argue that simple logic is beyond me.

No he doesn't do it where it matters. 3 goals in 18 big games :-)

Constant loss of possession

Constant missing of chances

Absolutely awful pass completion rate in the final third

Regularly messes attacks up

Always gets dispossessed

The one attacking stat you picked he wins on by about 2 key passes with 1000 minutes played more than the other two

A nice graph to show the downgrade :-)
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    I agree.

On one hand, people are underrated united too much.
    But on the other hand, united fans are hyping up the potential effect of LVG.

A manager can only do so much, even one of his obvious quality.
    United clearly have a lesser side than last season's top 4.

However we all know they are improving with both players and staff.
    Anything can happen but as we have seen with spurs, change isn't always good.

ReputationRep:
    When did I say he should spend 100m?

I'm also one of the people on here who calls out the idiots who blame giroud for everything :|
    Yo son. Giroud wasn't RVP replacement. Just like Cesc, RVP wasn't directly replaced.

I hope you find peace.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.