Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    Had my first Law interview today - could have been better, but it could have been much worse. The actual interview itself was OK, but the case they gave me beforehand freaked me out a bit. Hope I got the gist of it correctly! My interviewers were so lovely though and put me right at ease.

Although, it's a bit worrying that everyone else's Law interviews didn't go well (from what I've seen on here) - I've heard that if you found it horrible you've actually done well, but if you found it OK you've actually done really badly...

Haha I wouldn't worry mine was terrible and there's absolutely no way it actually went well 😂

ReputationRep:
    Im at St Annes from the 13th through to the 16th for Computer Science, anyone else there? And any tips to prepare?

ReputationRep:
    Had two interviews for biochem-- Horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lainathiel)
    I haven't had anything through the post either. What colleges are you being interviewed at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me neither!!! Either of you at Brasenose or Hertford?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm staying at St Hugh's from the 14th to the 15th and was hoping to get to go there on the 13th already to avoid stress and to get to settle down (I'm from overseas). I sent them an email about this a few days ago but they still haven't replied. What do you think I should do? Just wait? Send another one or try to contact them in some other way? I'm getting pretty nervous since I'll be traveling on my own without an Internet connection, and my London hotel reservation (I'll be staying there for a couple of days) ends on the 13th and I don't want to end up having nowhere to sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveliina97)
    Hey guys, I'm staying at St Hugh's from the 14th to the 15th and was hoping to get to go there on the 13th already to avoid stress and to get to settle down (I'm from overseas). I sent them an email about this a few days ago but they still haven't replied. What do you think I should do? Just wait? Send another one or try to contact them in some other way? I'm getting pretty nervous since I'll be traveling on my own without an Internet connection, and my London hotel reservation (I'll be staying there for a couple of days) ends on the 13th and I don't want to end up having nowhere to sleep
    Call the college and confirm that they got your email! I'm sure they would have no problem accommodating for an extra day but double check so that you're not left stranded. They have all the contact details on their website so call and speak to whoever you can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hareve)
    Im at St Annes from the 13th through to the 16th for Computer Science, anyone else there? And any tips to prepare?
    I'm there 12th to 15th for medicine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepurpletrain)
    Call the college and confirm that they got your email! I'm sure they would have no problem accommodating for an extra day but double check so that you're not left stranded. They have all the contact details on their website so call and speak to whoever you can
    Thanks! I'll do that tomorrow then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by criskalee)
    Had two interviews for biochem-- Horrible.

Sorry to hear that... What went wrong?
    Was it the academical questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou77777)
    Me neither!!! Either of you at Brasenose or Hertford?
    No :/ Oriel and St John's.
    I was just wondering if anyone had received some sort of schedule for the day, but I don't think anyone has

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveliina97)
    Thanks! I'll do that tomorrow then
    Yeah I called Oriel today because they hadn't replied to my email from last Thursday, and they said they were looking at them now and we just arranged it on the phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mothrana)
    Sorry to hear that... What went wrong?
    Was it the academical questions?
    Sort of-- basically I was so nervous in my first interview that I wasted lots time on some questions... ended up the tutor just seems inpatient and turns out I was asked less questions than others... guess this doesn't happen a lot...

ReputationRep:
    Is it okay if I went to my interview in jeans and jumper? What did you guys wear?

ReputationRep:
    what is everyone in oriel doing? where are you all? in the JCR?

I"M posting from inside Harris Manchester! !!

Had my first interview. Didn't go that well. I tried to "explain" my reasoning.

Next interview tomorrow. ....

Exciting !!!! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonVirgo)
    Is it okay if I went to my interview in jeans and jumper? What did you guys wear?
    Yeah, that's fine - tutors are really going to pay no attention

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zephex)
    Law interview was so difficult I almost broke down basically had 1 question throughout the entire interview

Me too!
    I felt like every answer I gave was responded to with a question and absolutely no indication of right or wrong... so when I went off on a tangent it was horrrrrible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonVirgo)
    I wore black jeans and a jumper with a white blousey thing underneath, don't think they care hahaaa

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maggiels)
    Me too!
    I felt like every answer I gave was responded to with a question and absolutely no indication of right or wrong... so when I went off on a tangent it was horrrrrible!
    I applied for human sciences but I totally feel the same way, every answer I gave they just kept asking more and made me feel like I hadn't been clear the first time or something so they were trying to get a better answer that never came hahaaa, oh well that one is over now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karina_xo)
    I applied for human sciences but I totally feel the same way, every answer I gave they just kept asking more and made me feel like I hadn't been clear the first time or something so they were trying to get a better answer that never came hahaaa, oh well that one is over now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know exactly how you feel... they just kept drilling the same question over and over!

For me, it didn't help that the other person sitting in on my interview kept making weird noises, almost like she was laughing at my answers?!
    So hard to have any idea if it was good or bad...

Which college are you at?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.