The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tasha96
Ah I know! :ahee: When ever I'm near one I go in just to smell stuff. :tongue: :colondollar:

XD
Original post by Anonymous #2
For the first time in over a week I am (kind of) up to date with my notes! I'll get more tomorrow so I'm just valuing these 13 hours :tongue:

PRSOM :tongue:

Managing to get some of my directed studies done so feeling like I've actually been productive tonight :smile:
Hello, won't be as around so much the next three weeks, as I will be in Asia. (:nutcase:) Hope it will work out for me and well, still plenty stuff to do until I take the plane!
Original post by Nathanielle
Hello, won't be as around so much the next three weeks, as I will be in Asia. (:nutcase:) Hope it will work out for me and well, still plenty stuff to do until I take the plane!

Sounds awesome! Hope you enjoy your trip :smile:

Ooh, have fun! :smile:

Lucky!

Have fun.

Care to share any specific countries?

Feel free not to. :smile:
Original post by Odd socks
PRSOM :tongue:

Managing to get some of my directed studies done so feeling like I've actually been productive tonight :smile:

Woo! Well done :smile:
Aww someone I barely speak to gave me a nice message out of the blue on Facebook :moon:

Spoiler

So Eminem develops schizophrenia and is hospitalised. His psychiatrist puts him onto a high dose of risperidone. He starts to feel very low and can't rap and he's like "rap's my drug. It's more important than breathing. I need to get off this **** I'm leaving" So during his assigned weekly hour of internet time in the hospital he does some bro science research on risperidone and other antipsychotics and finds that they affect dopamine in the brain and he's like "I gotta get clean, this is so mean, least it seems, the doctor took ma dopamine."

So when he meets with his doctor he says "man I'm not sure about this risperidone. " His doctor says "what's wrong with it?" Eminem replies "well I think it's dopamine." His doctor looks at him and smiles and says "dope is ghetto talk for awesome, right?" and leaves.

This happens every time eminem sees his doctor for 10 years but his risperidone has slowed him down so he can't learn from the mistake.

He gains a huge amount of weight and becomes the fat shady.

Hope you enjoyed my fan fiction for eminem.
Well that killed the thread...
Original post by nohomo
So Eminem develops schizophrenia and is hospitalised. His psychiatrist puts him onto a high dose of risperidone. He starts to feel very low and can't rap and he's like "rap's my drug. It's more important than breathing. I need to get off this **** I'm leaving" So during his assigned weekly hour of internet time in the hospital he does some bro science research on risperidone and other antipsychotics and finds that they affect dopamine in the brain and he's like "I gotta get clean, this is so mean, least it seems, the doctor took ma dopamine."

So when he meets with his doctor he says "man I'm not sure about this risperidone. " His doctor says "what's wrong with it?" Eminem replies "well I think it's dopamine." His doctor looks at him and smiles and says "dope is ghetto talk for awesome, right?" and leaves.

This happens every time eminem sees his doctor for 10 years but his risperidone has slowed him down so he can't learn from the mistake.

He gains a huge amount of weight and becomes the fat shady.

Hope you enjoyed my fan fiction for eminem.

Very creative :tongue:

Nah man, I see exactly where you're coming from. I've been taking various antipsychotics for around 7 years now and I know they've slowed me down. I used to get all As in school no effort but came out with a 2:2 at university. If I'm in the store and trying to decide how much of a deal buying a bigger product instead of the smaller one is I'm ****ing stuck, out comes the calculator for something I should easily do in my head.There's also the weight gain and lactation which are definitely not good for my self-esteem.:frown:

Saying that....I seem to have come across a combination that works awesomely, no more voices or delusions, though the cost is high.
Original post by Sabertooth

Nah man, I see exactly where you're coming from. I've been taking various antipsychotics for around 7 years now and I know they've slowed me down. I used to get all As in school no effort but came out with a 2:2 at university. If I'm in the store and trying to decide how much of a deal buying a bigger product instead of the smaller one is I'm ****ing stuck, out comes the calculator for something I should easily do in my head.There's also the weight gain and lactation which are definitely not good for my self-esteem.:frown:

Saying that....I seem to have come across a combination that works awesomely, no more voices or delusions, though the cost is high.

Yeah they definitely have their downsides for me too :frown:

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having difficulties with them :frown:

Not only has this mess with my health and medication contributed to how poor I am, it's made me really quite fat and slow so I embarrass myself at times in shops. I was in my local shop recently and thought I'd buy 3 cheap chocolate bars and some coke zero. Turns out I'd added up my money wrongly (or perhaps they overcharged for the chocolate bars compared to what it said on them) so I didn't have enough money and when he tried to charge me I had to say, with a big queue behind me, can I put something back? And I put a chocolate bar back. So embarrassing. Especially since a primary school classmate was behind me in the queue.

Particularly bad considering I was studying maths at uni before I was told to leave on Medical grounds, though obviously there's more to maths than arithmetic.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PandaWho
Not as easy as my DRs, or as cheap!
And im not going purely on principle! How can the building they operate from NOT have a female counsellor?

No, that's true :redface: Is kinda stupid :s-smilie: Or even have one who can be on-call/available!

Original post by furryface12
Hair flicking can look funny though :tongue: Trry having it past your shoulders! It was good, not many people came in the end (and none of the people I thought were going except the one that invited me :redface:) but we just sat there until about 11 then everyone was tired so we all went home and one of them gave me a lift :smile:

Yep! :eek: Glad that you've found it helpful :hugs: I don't know, I can't imagine it'll matter 'how bad' people are, it'll help different people to different extents and if it helps you that's brilliant! :yep:

Spoiler

:console: I know what you mean there, decisions are scary :frown: Do you know what modules you're taking? I don't know where to apply, that said this time last year applying first time round I didn't even now what course I wanted to do so I guess it's improved a bit :colondollar:

Maybe... :tongue: I remember when I got my hair cut in the summer I kept trying to flick my hair out of my eyes, even if it wasn't there/no hair moved :lol:
Haha, yeah I don't get how girls cope with it - I suppose generally don't have so much of a fringe/mostly at the back/sides? or tied back there or something :colondollar:
Ah okay :redface: Sorta good not having so many people? or sad to not see the others? That sounds good then :smile: Less stress about going out! :eek:

:hugs: Yes I suppose you're right there, sorry :redface: :smile: :woo:

Spoiler

Sorta, keep having doubts/not being sure about them though - like I'm taking german, which I decided at the end of last week that I like/want to continue with it, but then I'm over-creditting quite a lot at the moment, and will probably need to drop quite a few things - is just difficult to decide/too many things :s-smilie:
Haha, definitely progress then :biggrin: :colondollar: I'm afraid Warwick doesn't have a music department I don't think :sad: (:ninja:) (is it phys/music you're applying for? Sorry if that's not so :redface:)

Original post by lauraaaaa
Don't really feel like I deserve it if i'm being honest! idk :redface:

Why shouldn't you? You're not 100% right - you're ill - Your parents (and you, via VAT!) have paid taxes, and you're living in this country - you're more than entitled to use the medical care available to get better! :redface: What they're there for :smile: :hugs:
And very important for you to get better :jumphug:

------------------------------

Friends are going to comic con (london, this weekend), and I almost got a ticket at the same time as them yesterday, but thought I'd leave it a day as I wasn't sure - just checked the website and they're sold out :sad: I mean I still wasn't sure about it, but feel bad/regret-y for not actually deciding/not going - not as if I have much else on, and I've never been to one of them before :s-smilie: :frown:

On the other side of things tonight went on a society social to a restaurant (after being unsure whether to go) and had a great time :redface: Didn't eat that much (was a buffet), as always get anxious with food eating out (or I often do :s-smilie:) - but had a great time nonetheless/joking with people and stuff :smile: Socials feel odd this year though because now I'm like not a fresher/am one of the older/active ones - and the people who were older/active to me last year have left :eek:

OH and also - could someone within the skype chat/with powers to add me to it please PM me so I can pass on skype details :redface: Thanks :colondollar: :woo:
and now to stay up and do this assignment :colondollar:

Hope everyone's okay :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth

Also it's particularly sad that you are clever but underperformed on your degree because of health/medication, though I'm impressed that you got a degree in light of your difficulties :smile:

Spoiler

I'm going to bed sober

**** yeah :woo:
Original post by ScaryScience

Spoiler

Theres a text number if it would help hun
Original post by ScaryScience

Spoiler

Don't feel safe = A&E hun xxxxx

Latest