Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    Old, big price tag, never played in a big league, not much to him other than goalscoring. Has failure written all over it.
    Fair enough, all of those are more than valid reasons.

ReputationRep:
    And that's what you said before too, and I demonstrated to you why there is a great chance that Lacazette will repeat his success.

Sure it's not nailed on, but then again Alexis, Bale and other WC players aren't nailed on to perform as WC players next season either. Nothing is nailed on in football, but Lacazette is as good an investment (ignoring the transfer fee) as any.
    Alexis was in Udinese where he scored 4 goals vs Palermo that's where he made his name. After he went to Barca and struggled a bit in the first 2 seasons but in his third he scored 19 in 34 games in La Liga including against Atletico and Real Madrid. They are hyping him as the next big thing he could be I don't know but depends on his price tag I would take Cavani at the same price over him.

ReputationRep:
    Old, big price tag, never played in a big league, not much to him other than goalscoring. Has failure written all over it.
    Drogba would't agree, although i do agree he would't be the right option for us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Because for every Hazard/Sanchez/Mata you get a Di Maria/Shevchenko/Cuadrado.
    Why you including Shevchenko that was years ago? Di Maria is WC Van Gaal doesn't know how to utilize him. Cuadrado I don't know much about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Alexis was in Udinese where he scored 4 goals vs Palermo that's where he made his name. After he went to Barca and struggled a bit in the first 2 seasons but in his third he scored 19 in 34 games in La Liga including against Atletico and Real Madrid. They are hyping him as the next big thing he could be I don't know but depends on his price tag I would take Cavani at the same price over him.
    None of that is relevant to what I said.

Lacazette is a great bet to score consistently over the next half decade, and it's silly to bring out nonsense arguments like 'he could be a one season wonder'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Reus' pricetag alone would cause Wenger to have a heart attack. Throw Vidal in and Wenger would just collapse on the spot. That being said, I would love for us to sign them.
    I'd shift off Campbell,Podolski,Flamini,Welbec k in order to fund a move for Reus & Vidal, would be highly tempted about Theo and Jack aswell.

However, knowing our luck we'll sign a Polish 15yo kid dubbed the world's next biggest star.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigAH)
    Drogba would't agree, although i do agree he would't be the right option for us
    Drogba wasn't old though, in footballing terms he was very young. And he wasn't a pure goalscorer either, he's a brute of a man.

ReputationRep:
    None of that is relevant to what I said.

Lacazette is a great bet to score consistently over the next half decade, and it's silly to bring out nonsense arguments like 'he could be a one season wonder'.
    That's not my argument fool. Mine is that Cavani is better. You don't have to agree that's your opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    That's not my argument fool. Mine is that Cavani is better. You don't have to agree that's your opinion.
    No, that's what you said, and that's what I proved to be *******s.

I already said in this thread today why Cavani's a great player...

ReputationRep:
    No, that's what you said, and that's what I proved to be *******s.

I already said in this thread today why Cavani's a great player...
    I said Cavani is proven over the seasons that's why I prefer him is that so difficult understand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    I said Cavani is proven over the seasons that's why I prefer him is that so difficult understand?
    Lazcazette could be a one season wonder there's nothing special about him
    bye now

ReputationRep:
    Lacazette hasn't scored against any of the elite teams in France, although haven't seen him play, so can't comment fully.

ReputationRep:
    bye now
    You are just trying to win an argument and not have a discussion. I know what I said and what was my response after that?

ReputationRep:
    41.5% voted for arsenal to win the league next season on a bbc pool..

Online gooner warriors out in force

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    You are just trying to win an argument and not have a discussion. I know what I said and what was my response after that?
    Our discussion happened to be about Lacazette and the likelihood of him scoring heavily in future seasons (something you tried to deny).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Marco Reus would sell for about £45m probably

Doable but we've never signed players like him who are in demand from all the big clubs. Fending off Juventus for Alexis Sanchez was about all we've ever done in that department
    Beating Madrid for Pires, Barcelona for Bergkamp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    I'd shift off Campbell,Podolski,Flamini,Welbec k in order to fund a move for Reus & Vidal, would be highly tempted about Theo and Jack aswell.

However, knowing our luck we'll sign a Polish 15yo kid dubbed the world's next biggest star.
    I wouldn't shift Theo, Jack, Welbeck or Campbell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    (Original post by al_94)
    Lazcazette could be a one season wonder there's nothing special about him.
    Ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I wouldn't shift Theo, Jack, Welbeck or Campbell.
    Why not Campbell the guy just scored his first goal in 11 months he's another Ryo Miyaichi
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    COYG Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.