Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ah FFS, you deserve the win and definitely was a penalty but FFS that was jammy.

ReputationRep:
    We were fortunate today because Swansea should've been out of sight by half time.
    Credit to us for getting a win without playing well but Swansea were brilliant and are definitely better than their position.

Clyne MOTM without a doubt - he runs up and down all day long and he's such a good "out-ball" for us.
    Milner has some real balls; he's got Gerrard-esque composure from the spot.

ReputationRep:
    We got quite lucky there but Swansea were riding their luck themselves in that second half so it was a deserved win. Huge 3 points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Ah FFS, you deserve the win and definitely was a penalty but FFS that was jammy.
    I wouldn't say we deserved the win, I'd say Swansea can only blame themselves for missed opportunity.
    Sometimes when you're at the bottom it just doesn't go your way, but if they play like that every week, they'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    how Swansea didn't score that tap in at the end wow that guy is ****.

ReputationRep:
    Lowest we can be at the end of the weekend is 4th (if Spurs and Arsenal win).
    However a Spurs win means a City loss so we'd be within touching distance of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar dadddy)
    Of course, because it is unexpected that we wouldn't concede a goal when we've played from home 4 times out of 5, and played 4 of this season's expected top 7. On top of that, it is also hugely concerning to have minor defensive issues when all but one of our first choice defense hasn't had some kind of appearance issues this season, all whilst the team is undoubtedly doing well.
    Is my point valid now?

ReputationRep:
    Karius had a really poor game - he's absolutely shocking from crosses/corners.

Will give him the benefit of the doubt for now because he's new but he needs to work on that for sure...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Karius had a really poor game - he's absolutely shocking from crosses/corners.

Will give him the benefit of the doubt for now because he's new but he needs to work on that for sure...
    We need a warrior in defence. We need sakho back urgently.
    Ngl we got lucky this game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    In all honestly, Karius is worse aerially than Mignolet.
    He's just better at everything else.
    Judging by his kicking/distribution today, he's no better than Migs on that front too.

(Original post by atom y humber)
    How're you not winning?
    Tbh Swansea had so many chances and of better quality than Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    Saved my coupon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RVNmax)
    Tbh Swansea had so many chances and of better quality than Liverpool.
    Swansea had 8 shots, 3 shots on target and Liverpool had 18 shots and 6 on target so it's a bit of a stretch to say they had so many chances and more than Liverpool. The only notable Swansea chances was the last minute tap in and that early header before they scored in the first half (there was another header from a set piece in the first half but he was well offside so I don't count that).

That being said, that last minute tap in should of gone in and Liverpool were very lucky that it didn't. Our game management in the last few minutes was piss poor though and it should have never gotten to that situation.

ReputationRep:
    Missed the game but sounds like it was a tight one! Glad we got the 3 points going into the international break.

Man Utd next which will be interesting

Lallana missing the international games but would be a blow if he can't play against Man Utd..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Missed the game but sounds like it was a tight one! Glad we got the 3 points going into the international break.

Man Utd next which will be interesting

Lallana missing the international games but would be a blow if he can't play against Man Utd..
    We play way better in the big games - if this wasn't a heated rivalry, I'd be more relaxed about this game than I was today!

I think we'll struggle simply because it's Mourinho and he's always loved to ruin us. Can't see them pressing us like Swansea today - they'll probably go extra physical and play for set pieces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I think we'll struggle simply because it's Mourinho and he's always loved to ruin us. Can't see them pressing us like Swansea today - they'll probably go extra physical and play for set pieces.
    Based on how we have played of late and the problems we have. Pretty sure you are set up near perfect to have a very good game against us.

ReputationRep:
    Actually want Liverpool to beat Utd just to see the meltdown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Based on how we have played of late and the problems we have. Pretty sure you are set up near perfect to have a very good game against us.
    Our play can definitely tear your defence to shreds but you would absolutely dominate us in any physical battle.

You scored from 3 set pieces against Leicester - it's dull but the best thing you can do is set up to beat us in the air.

I can't see us having an off day, not against you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Our play can definitely tear your defence to shreds but you would absolutely dominate us in any physical battle.

You scored from 3 set pieces against Leicester - it's dull but the best thing you can do is set up to beat us in the air.

I can't see us having an off day, not against you.
    Pretty much dreading what will happen at DM. If its Fellaini it will be a disaster, if its Herrera it probably won't be a disaster but it still won't good and he'll probably go back to using Fellaini.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    We play way better in the big games - if this wasn't a heated rivalry, I'd be more relaxed about this game than I was today!

I guess the first half showed our problem - can we always bring the same intensity for 90 mins?

The current Man Utd squad is nothing like what Mourinho likes. Yes they could be physical but if we play as we can against big teams then they won't be able to get near us to be physical. He really needs to play pace but I think he'll struggle to drop Rooney for such a big game.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpools keeper is trash on set pieces and mourinho teams rely heavily on set pieces as he has no idea how to break a team down in open play unless its a counter attack (which he's struggled to do since 2014) and long ball.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.