Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I think I know what you're trying to say, but Messi scores more & there are several players from the past with better goals to game ratios. Eusebio, Puskas, Peyroteo... & Pele :eek:
    That's fair enough, I perhaps got a little ahead of myself, but I still think you could argue his case as the greatest goalscorer of all time. Wrt to his goalscoring v Messi I feel that he's more of the natural goal scorer between the two, it's just that Messi is so good that he just scores bucket loads, if that makes sense?

Never heard of Peyroteo and had to look him up. Unreal record😂 No idea how strong the Portuguese first division was then but impressive none the less

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    That's fair enough, I perhaps got a little ahead of myself, but I still think you could argue his case as the greatest goalscorer of all time. Wrt to his goalscoring v Messi I feel that he's more of the natural goal scorer between the two, it's just that Messi is so good that he just scores bucket loads, if that makes sense?

Never heard of Peyroteo and had to look him up. Unreal record😂 No idea how strong the Portuguese first division was then but impressive none the less
    Basically Ronaldo plays only to score goals whereas Messi doesn't.

Ronaldo - left foot, right foot, head
    But Messi's left foot > those

Messi takes fewer attempts to score too.

ReputationRep:
    If you had to pick Messi or Ronaldo and play them in a season but they couldn't score a single goal, who would you pick?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    If you had to pick Messi or Ronaldo and play them in a season but they couldn't score a single goal, who would you pick?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is that even a question?

Messi is one of the best creators in the world, rivalled only by the likes of Iniesta and Özil. He doesn't have to score a goal to make you win.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Messi, contributes more. That was another point I was going to make - Messi can just drop back into midfield in his mid 30s and provide the assists for the strikers but I can't see Ronaldo doing that once his pace has gone. He's pretty much always been the spearhead.

ReputationRep:
    Come on Fizzel, I expect better questions from someone of your reputation

ReputationRep:
    @arsenal fans does Ramsey go straight back into the side when he's back? Will he be back and fit for Wales' game against Serbia Nov 12?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    @arsenal fans does Ramsey go straight back into the side when he's back? Will he be back and fit for Wales' game against Serbia Nov 12?
    not for me. Who does he replace? Cazorla is annoyingly crucial for us. The dip in our performance after he was injured last season was huge. Coq/Xhaka are more defensive options, which ramsey cant replace.. On the wings iwobi/sanchez/ozil.. not going anywhere.. walcotts place could be up for grabs if his current patch of form ends, but then our depth is huge.. perez hasnt played much, and giroud is still hanging about, plus ox is always there or there abouts. Prime peak ramsey deserves a place, but he does not fit well in our system currently. Defensive mid, deep lying play maker, creative player, as our mid 3.

ReputationRep:
    Nearly 2 pages of football chat on the misc :no:

ReputationRep:
    Fizzel has let us all down, I'm having flashbacks of when my father forgot to pick me up from football practice

Meanwhile

Bought a new suit on Sunday bros, £129 from Next for a navy blue jacket plus trousers, nice red tie too.

Looked hella crisp, man felt like trapking on a sunny day on a Brazilian beach

Dirtybit man looked in mirror and felt like Michael Schofield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Fizzel has let us all down, I'm having flashbacks of when my father forgot to pick me up from football practice

Meanwhile

Bought a new suit on Sunday bros, £129 from Next for a navy blue jacket plus trousers, nice red tie too.

Proud of you bruh! You had girls droppin panties.

I hope you had a good choice of shoes doe

ReputationRep:

Meanwhile

wow, that's a sharp suit!

ReputationRep:

Meanwhile

TK is proud of you. You've made it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socratesfam)
    So this thread is basically crappy gifs from comedy shows and pictures of vaguely fit women?

My kind of thread.......
    Welcome hermano.
    But don't ever call Emilia vaguely fit again

ReputationRep:
    In a nutshell. Ronaldo= goals galore.

Messi= playmaker + goals galore.

Tbf tho, Ronaldo's ability to assist players is slept on.

ReputationRep:
    Hilarious how the sun newspaper are trying to call someone else out for lying.

ReputationRep:
    Cavs or GSW?

ReputationRep:
    Red dead redemption 2 is coming out soon 😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮

ReputationRep:
    On video games.. Nintendo Switch has got me a bit excited. If they can get their act together with 3rd party games then the portability looks potentially epic. Playing fifa on a plane without needing the expense/hassle of a gaming laptop sounds great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    On video games.. Nintendo Switch has got me a bit excited. If they can get their act together with 3rd party games then the portability looks potentially epic. Playing fifa on a plane without needing the expense/hassle of a gaming laptop sounds great!
    The concept is exceptional but they're obviously over-emphasising the use of it's portability.
    Most people who own it won't leave the house with it and the farthest they'll get it playing it on the toilet

That being said, the idea that you can literally play it ANYWHERE is gamechanging, providing the battery life is sufficient. That and 3rd party games is huge because Nintendo haven't really done that before.

My biggest concern would be cost of the console in general and any potential replacement of parts. With how often you're moving and changing components, they need to either be sturdy or not ridiculously expensive to replace.

EDIT: Interestingly, it seems the Nintendo Switch home dock is only for charging and transferring to big-screen on the TV, meaning that this is more a portable than a home console. Risky changes but it will definitely play off if they do this right.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.