Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humzaakram1)
    Anyone going to the Uni of Leeds received any sort of email from the University?
    No, I'm totally freaking out, not even like a welcome email or anything. It also said on my track that is actually been confirmed on 15th of August 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate_6464)
    No, I'm totally freaking out, not even like a welcome email or anything. It also said on my track that is actually been confirmed on 15th of August 😂
    Anyone going to the Uni of Leeds received any sort of email from the University?
    Some Universities won't email you for up to two weeks, some will send you a welcome pack in the post. Just because you haven't heard, even though A-level Results Day finished 10 hours ago and Clearing isn't closed yet, doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Enjoy the fact you've got into University!

ReputationRep:
    Well we are here, the day after judgement day and nothing has changed. Just a long wait for uni now 36 days for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Well we are here, the day after judgement day and nothing has changed. Just a long wait for uni now 36 days for me.
    You can always get started with preparing for uni! We have lots of information on stuff you need to bring, what to expect in freshers week etc. here

ReputationRep:
    Once your place is confirmed you don't have to do anything afterwards, right? Like phoning them up to accept the place.

Hey, many of you might remember me posting about my stress and anxiety a couple of days before results day.

I'd just like to thank everyone for their support here, and them dank memes. I just about made my firm uni offer, though I don't even know if I want to go there anymore.

Best of luck to everyone for the future, I'm sure you've all done well, regardless of the grades. You should be immensely proud of yourself for making it through 14+ years of the education system!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    Once your place is confirmed you don't have to do anything afterwards, right? Like phoning them up to accept the place.
    Yeah, once your place is confirmed there's usually nothing else you need to do offer-wise (edit: PQ brings up a good point that it's dependent on the AS12s though it is the norm not to need anything else to confirm your place). You might have some stuff from your uni later about what they'd like you to do (registration etc.) but as you've met the requirements you're definitely going.

(Original post by Serine Soul)
    Hey, many of you might remember me posting about my stress and anxiety a couple of days before results day.

I'd just like to thank everyone for their support here, and them dank memes. I just about made my firm uni offer, though I don't even know if I want to go there anymore.

Best of luck to everyone for the future, I'm sure you've all done well, regardless of the grades. You should be immensely proud of yourself for making it through 14+ years of the education system!
    Congratulations! The days before you get your results are some of the more anxious ones for most people as well but now it's done and out of the way it'll feel great to have the feeling off your back. Have a great time at your firm uni!

I'm doubting the idea of going to university this year now :/ i couldn't get my course changed so i'm stuck on a course that i'm not 100% confident that i'm happy about, and i got my accommodation offer yesterday and they've given me the accommodation that i put last on my list and there's no chance of changing. it's just really bummed me out and made the whole uni idea a bit less appealing

part of me wants to reapply for the course i wanted next year with the grades that I have now and then reapply for accommodation too. but that scares me cos i might not even get an offer omg

ReputationRep:

Well done in getting into your firm choice. What is that about you not knowing whether you want to go there anymore? Is something wrong with the course or uni?

You may simply just have fear of the unknown. If I may ask, which University will you be enrolling in?

Good luck for the future and I am sure things will get better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Well done in getting into your firm choice. What is that about you not knowing whether you want to go there anymore? Is something wrong with the course or uni?

You may simply just have fear of the unknown. If I may ask, which University will you be enrolling in?

Good luck for the future and I am sure things will get better.
    It is cambridge, i hope she goes she deserves it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate_6464)
    Do you have a log in for an applicant portal (https://leedsportal.leeds.ac.uk/uollogin/login.html ?)
    If not then http://students.leeds.ac.uk/info/101...7/new_students is what they'll probably be directing you towards soon.

https://twitter.com/UniversityLeeds/...27931953856512 talks about specific twitter accounts to follow if you're on twitter - there;s likely to be similar things on facebook

ReputationRep:
    Read your AS12 letter on Track.

There's different letters for different universities - some need you to do something to confirm your place (most don't though )

If you've got your AS12 letter that's what you normally need to set up your student account too :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    It is cambridge, i hope she goes she deserves it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cambridge!! :eek: She definitely should go there. Some people would sell their souls to get to Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy_hill)
    I'm doubting the idea of going to university this year now :/ i couldn't get my course changed so i'm stuck on a course that i'm not 100% confident that i'm happy about, and i got my accommodation offer yesterday and they've given me the accommodation that i put last on my list and there's no chance of changing. it's just really bummed me out and made the whole uni idea a bit less appealing

part of me wants to reapply for the course i wanted next year with the grades that I have now and then reapply for accommodation too. but that scares me cos i might not even get an offer omg
    Are you really worried about university or that you did not get the accommodation that you wanted? Many students don't get their number 1 accommodation and that is the reason you are asked to select multiple choices.

if you are concerned about the course, did you apply for that course? How similar or different is the course to the one that appeals more to you?

Can you enrol and change your course from the inside, since you may have similar academic requirements and would have already had one year in the department?

I think that you should think about it before making a decision. As you have rightfully pointed out, you may not be given the course of your choice and then would have lost one year for nothing.

Think before your jump.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a remark back yet? If so, was there any change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joind4resultsday)
    Has anyone got a remark back yet? If so, was there any change?
    You really need to be waiting until the end of next week. Your school might not have submitted the request yet, let alone got the papers marked, verified and sent back. The advertised time is 10 working days.

ReputationRep:

Well done - the north west is proud of you! The doubts are probably just the anti-climatic feeling that post results day blues brings! Just relax and enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    You really need to be waiting until the end of next week. Your school might not have submitted the request yet, let alone got the papers marked, verified and sent back. The advertised time is 10 working days.
    I paid yesterday for a priority re-mark and they submitted the request in front of me. I was told that Edexcel examiners re-mark online, so it typically comes back within a few days.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what ADV means on A Level results? I got the following result and have no idea what the letters mean:

AQA - French ADV - A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    You can always get started with preparing for uni! We have lots of information on stuff you need to bring, what to expect in freshers week etc. here
    I already have most of what I need, just need to go and change my single bed sheets to doubles because of the accommodation I got other than that I'm pretty much packed and ready to go!
    Obviously it depends on your AS12.
    You also need to start setting up a student bank account too.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.