Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binnsm)
    Haha I wouldn't worry mine was terrible and there's absolutely no way it actually went well 😂
    Oh dear, why was it so bad? 😢

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonVirgo)
    Is it okay if I went to my interview in jeans and jumper? What did you guys wear?
    A current Oxford student told me that they went in t shirt and jeans! It seriously doesn't matter what you look like. If they can see you're intelligent and good at your subject, they're not going to care about what you're wearing. It is not a job interview. It's best to be comfortable in these sorts of situations. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys! It's good to know that it doesn't matter what I wear. I mean, I presume they won't reject someone just because they didn't dress up. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Is it ok for my personal statement and written work interview to be only 20 minutes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHI)
    Is it ok for my personal statement and written work interview to be only 20 minutes?
    What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, was wondering if someone could help me out- I've just finished all my interviews first 2 were at the college of my choice which I really enjoyed, then the list went up on the board and I was the only English applicant asked to interview at another college. Second interview was awful, interviewers were a lot harsher and I really didn't like the vibe of the college. Is there any chance I can still get an offer from my original college? Here's hoping

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maggiels)
    I know exactly how you feel... they just kept drilling the same question over and over!

For me, it didn't help that the other person sitting in on my interview kept making weird noises, almost like she was laughing at my answers?!
    So hard to have any idea if it was good or bad...

Which college are you at?
    I'm at St. John's, but I also have an interview at st hughs, and yeah one of my interviewers kept like making this face like she was confused and like shocked by my answers, like she kept scowling 😓😓😓

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lsdjrl)
    What have you applied for?
    History

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tesstickles2727)
    Hi everyone, was wondering if someone could help me out- I've just finished all my interviews first 2 were at the college of my choice which I really enjoyed, then the list went up on the board and I was the only English applicant asked to interview at another college. Second interview was awful, interviewers were a lot harsher and I really didn't like the vibe of the college. Is there any chance I can still get an offer from my original college? Here's hoping
    Don't worry, there's no way of telling what it means when you get an extra interview like that. I know people who had an extra interview at a different college and are now studying at their original college It's impossible to read into it, as annoying as it sounds. Now you just have to try and relax over Christmas! I hope you enjoyed the Oxford experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karina_xo)
    I'm at St. John's, but I also have an interview at st hughs, and yeah one of my interviewers kept like making this face like she was confused and like shocked by my answers, like she kept scowling 😓😓😓

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In my Philosophy interview last year, my interviewers asked me to try and solve a problem, and when I gave my answer they said "we weren't expecting you to say that!", which panicked me a lot. Don't worry about it - it's really hard to tell what tutors are actually thinking

ReputationRep:
    Really weird that I just got interviewed at the same college again but by different professors...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHI)
    Hi MHI, what do you mean by your 'personal statement and written work interview?' Was it that you had an interview where they just talked to you about your personal statement and written work? It's perfectly fine to have a 20 minute interview - you can get through a lot of stuff in 20 minutes! Plus, tutors have to try and fit in a lot of interviews, which is why they have to stick to a pretty tight schedule

ReputationRep:
    Anyone currently staying at worcester know if you get wifi access or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danniegee)
    Don't worry, there's no way of telling what it means when you get an extra interview like that. I know people who had an extra interview at a different college and are now studying at their original college It's impossible to read into it, as annoying as it sounds. Now you just have to try and relax over Christmas! I hope you enjoyed the Oxford experience
    Thank you, that makes me feel a lot calmer, yeah I had the most amazing 3 nights at my college of choice, people were so welcoming and the tutors were really sweet, that's sort of why the second college seemed so much worse in comparison

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danniegee)
    Hi MHI, what do you mean by your 'personal statement and written work interview?' Was it that you had an interview where they just talked to you about your personal statement and written work? It's perfectly fine to have a 20 minute interview - you can get through a lot of stuff in 20 minutes! Plus, tutors have to try and fit in a lot of interviews, which is why they have to stick to a pretty tight schedule
    Yeah, my first history interview was split into a personal statement section then a written work section. I have my source based interview in an hour though 😂

ReputationRep:
    Maths Skype interview from Exeter in 20 minutes! So nervous haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzizanW)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just did my Skype interview! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzizanW)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did my Maths skype interview this time last year and got in, all the best! Don't stress haha even if you get one or two questions wrong it doesn't really matter, they expect it to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    How did you arrange a Skype interview? Is it unavailable for some courses?

I'm an international applying for Medicine and in my e-mail it said that we were required to attend an interview in Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    I had a history interview yesterday where we discussed my written work, but the whole thing was just her picking out every flaw (turns out there was loads) and making me talk about why I was wrong! Did anyone else have a similar experience?

I'm so worried now, I feel like I submitted a horrible essay and this was there way of telling me!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.