Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I hope members of the House are better dressed than some of those I have seen whilst out shopping. Cellulite which is visible and excessive make up is not a good look.
    I agree. I'd like to think that the members of the House have a good sense of style.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Whilst my style isn't expansive, it's good enough to be either suit, shirt and trousers, or shirt/tshirt and jeans... Seeing people's cellulite is actually ****ing repulsive.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    First gold to the US

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Aaaaand the islamists are at it again

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016..._id=sf32704971

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Controlled explosion by Brazilian police near the finish line of the men's road race.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Controlled explosion by Brazilian police near the finish line of the men's road race.
    And more importantly we currently hold the best individual score in the dressage portion of the eventing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Bonsoir tout le monde from a very hot hotel room in sunny France.

Turns out there is WiFi and I have my laptop so I could have taken the update this evening.

Anyway, tomorrow we move on to where we are staying and I hope that there is a proper WiFi connection there.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    1470515825915.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Bonsoir tout le monde from a very hot hotel room in sunny France.

Turns out there is WiFi and I have my laptop so I could have taken the update this evening.

Anyway, tomorrow we move on to where we are staying and I hope that there is a proper WiFi connection there.
    When I stay in a hotel in a country warmer than the UK, air conditioning is one item I check before booking. I think that the Speaker should provide an update on his visit to France on his return.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Statement on leaving the Liberal Party:

I guess it will come as no surprise that I've left the Liberal party. Why? Under the last few leaders (not including Jarred) the party has become too petty and too illiberal. The TSR Liberal party now bears no resemblance to the actual Liberal Democrat party in whose image it was originally created. It has become a clique made up of mostly right-wing individuals posing as centrists, and friends of the leadership who have been recruited for support.

Recently Petros broke the Liberal party's constitution and nobody cared. I don't want to be in a party that can't follow its own rules, and I certainly don't want to be in a party that tries to forcibly eject someone just because they don't like them. In the Liberal subforum my leaving will no doubt be treated as a victory, but personally I think it is really sad. But there's only so much toxicity a guy can take.

Adieu les libéraux!

It's a shame to see you go. Joining the TSR Liberal Party assuming it was a clone of the RL Lib Dems was always inevitably going to leave you disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    I have no sense of fashion whatsoever. I feel no obligation to dress fancily.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    When I stay in a hotel in a country warmer than the UK, air conditioning is one item I check before booking. I think that the Speaker should provide an update on his visit to France on his return.
    I can provide an update right now from southern France. It's incredibly hot but there is internet so I will be able to resume my duties tomorrow until I return home.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Looks like a broken neck and bad in the women's road race :/

Conscious and taken to hospital now though, so not as bad as expected

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Aaaaand the girls ****ed up the 3m synchronised spring, should have been our first medal

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Aaaaand the girls ****ed up the 3m synchronised spring, should have been our first medal

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOL Kosovo gonna win a medal before us

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    LOL Kosovo gonna win a medal before us

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aaaaand, another medal stolen by crap refereeing in the fencing

To be fair, our strong sports are yet to come, there are chances tonight with the swimming and should get a medal with the rugby tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Looks like a broken neck and bad in the women's road race :/

Conscious and taken to hospital now though, so not as bad as expected

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is it at the same hairpin that caused a load of people in the men's road race to crash?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Is it at the same hairpin that caused a load of people in the men's road race to crash?
    Nope, and there looked to be no reason for it either

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    A word on promoting the MHoC via other forum sites: don't.

It's obviously OK to promote on TSR (within site rules) or to friends by word of mouth or social media but Digital Spy and Reddit are not on.

I was unimpressed to arrive this afternoon to a PM from the head mod at the Other Place complaining about someone from TSR going over there and PMing members to promote this MHoC. If someone from there did that on TSR they'd be up **** creek without a paddle so I expect the same respect to be shown to them.

Headteacher impression over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    A word on promoting the MHoC via other forum sites: don't.

It's obviously OK to promote on TSR (within site rules) or to friends by word of mouth or social media but Digital Spy and Reddit are not on.

I was unimpressed to arrive this afternoon to a PM from the head mod at the Other Place complaining about someone from TSR going over there and PMing members to promote this MHoC. If someone from there did that on TSR they'd be up **** creek without a paddle so I expect the same respect to be shown to them.

Headteacher impression over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Any naming names??

I'm truly shocked by that and thought that most people has more sense...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.