Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

• TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imran_)
    why is it gna be harder to change this year? I got an A in one module and a U in the other which makes no sense at all!

all I need is 6 UMs more to get a B overall
    The remark criteria has changed this year, so remarks will no longer consider a different interpretation of the mark scheme as a valid reason to change your marks. They'll only change if there's an error by the original marker that explicitly doesn't follow the mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    Can you retake modules whilst at uni? One bad module brought down my grades by 2 grades
    I know how you feel. It happened to me last year. AAU in maths (screw D1). C overall. But at least that was only for AS
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'll wait and see. It would be nice to turn my B into an A or an A* by getting a better grade in that module though. I don't know if it's worth it or not.
    Personally I wouldn't but it is your decision. Did you get your firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    The remark criteria has changed this year, so remarks will no longer consider a different interpretation of the mark scheme as a valid reason to change your marks. They'll only change if there's an error by the original marker that explicitly doesn't follow the mark scheme.
    How does that work for the more subjective, essay-based subjects though?

Surely what constitutes not following the mark scheme is in itself subjective?

ReputationRep:
    I got a remark back. No change though
    I'm sorry to hear that. What was it in?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys my school wont let me do A2 in Biology and Economics as I didn't get a minimum of a D. However I want to do those subjects for A-level. Is it possible for me to retake year 12 in another school and start again? Will they let me? Any advice much appreciated.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

(Original post by manisha98)
    i got AABB in my AS results and i got the Bs for maths and chemistry - 221/300 and 224/300 do you think its is possible for me to improve them to an A next year without doing any resits? i really need some advice can someone please help me and im planning to study medicine.
    It is possible, but it will be hard. A2s are a fair bit harder than AS levels, so you'll need to work very hard. I'd suggest retaking a couple with your A2s tbh.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Abirella)
    Hey guys my school wont let me do A2 in Biology and Economics as I didn't get a minimum of a D. However I want to do those subjects for A-level. Is it possible for me to retake year 12 in another school and start again? Will they let me? Any advice much appreciated.
    It is possible to retake Year 12, yes, but different schools will have different policies.

ReputationRep:
    Please Anyone With Insight Of How Unis Make Offers. I Really Want Offers From These Unis! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4260850
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    PLEASE ANYONE WITH INSIGHT OF HOW UNIS MAKE OFFERS. I REALLY WANT OFFERS FROM THESE UNIS!! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4260850
    Have you tried asking the universities concerned how they would view your results?

Shouting at A level students on TSR isn't likely to get you an answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Have you tried asking the universities concerned how they would view your results?

Shouting at A level students on TSR isn't likely to get you an answer.
    I took initiative and e-mailed the admissions team of the universities yesterday. I think they gave me an "automatic" e-mail ; talked about how busy they were as it was results day and said they would get back to me shortly. No reply!

PS - sorry for my triggered caps lock

ReputationRep:
    It's been a journey... I appreciate everyone who I've connected with over the past 60 or so days leading up to results day, you've all been a massive help. I'd also like to thank all of the mods @pq and the rest who gave up their time to reassure us! Onwards and upwards!

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone on their results! Hope you all got what you wanted! I certainly got a surprise with CCCD when I predicted UCCD!☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Personally I wouldn't but it is your decision. Did you get your firm?
    Yeah I got into Warwick maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joind4resultsday)
    I'm sorry to hear that. What was it in?
    Physics. I got high a*s in two modules and a low c in another. Brought my grade down from A* to B

ReputationRep:
    Nice, congrats.
    Despite our differences.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My track still isnt updated, I still apparenty hold conditional firm and insurance offers although my firm uni has rejected me by emailing me, I called my insurance uni up and they said they will confirm my place after I send them my gcse certificates. Ive sent them off but I still havent got a place confirmed??! Anyone in a similar situation?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Well done!!!
    They you probably shouldn't resit because the stress will be insane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    Please Anyone With Insight Of How Unis Make Offers. I Really Want Offers From These Unis! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4260850
    Well I know you hate me but I will give you help after you called me a ******** anyway.
    In AS i got AABD in maths FM physics and chem. So similar to yours.
    I got offers from cambridge,warwick, ucl and kings and was rejected from imperial.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Physics. I got high a*s in two modules and a low c in another. Brought my grade down from A* to B
    How did you get the remark back so early?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Which UK University has the most beautiful Campus?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.