Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joind4resultsday)
    I paid yesterday for a priority re-mark and they submitted the request in front of me. I was told that Edexcel examiners re-mark online, so it typically comes back within a few days.
    Wait till next week. It could take up to 10 days.

(Original post by JamesReedJMR)
    Does anyone know what ADV means on A Level results? I got the following result and have no idea what the letters mean:

AQA - French ADV - A*
    Probably advanced (as in Advanced-Level)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I already have most of what I need, just need to go and change my single bed sheets to doubles because of the accommodation I got other than that I'm pretty much packed and ready to go!
    Perhaps you could sort out a student bank account before you start now that you have your AS12?

ReputationRep:
    For my results i got ABE, A in Sociology B in psychology and E in English Language i just wanted to know what my options where.
    Any help??

ReputationRep:
    for my AS I got an A in sociology
    One mark off an A in psychology two marks off a B in English and I got a C and a U which makes an E in law which I do not understand so i basically want to remark 3 subjects when I go back. Great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revision1)
    For my results i got ABE, A in Sociology B in psychology and E in English Language i just wanted to know what my options where.
    Any help??
    Are you AS or A level?
    What do you want to do?
    What do you enjoy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Wait till next week. It could take up to 10 days.
    Okay. But are there any reports of re-marks already? I wanted to know the implications of the new re-marking guidelines, in practice.

ReputationRep:
    Can you retake modules whilst at uni? One bad module brought down my grades by 2 grades

ReputationRep:
    Okay. But are there any reports of re-marks already? I wanted to know the implications of the new re-marking guidelines, in practice.
    Re-marks are going to take a couple more days.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...e-for-students

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a remark back yet? If so, was there any change?
    I got a remark back. No change though

(Original post by target21859)
    Can you retake modules whilst at uni? One bad module brought down my grades by 2 grades
    You can as a private student. But bare in mind that it might clash with your end of year uni exams (which are mostly in May) and would you really want that added stress of essentially waiting for results day again.

ReputationRep:
    Your school must have been deadly efficient getting that sent off! It's going to be much harder to get changes this year.

ReputationRep:
    I'd generally advise not retaking modules at university because your finals are stressful enough that you don't really want the added stress and revision of a retake. Your first year results will be on your transcript (and for some courses and unis, will be part of your degree classification) so they're quite important to consider.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Your school must have been deadly efficient getting that sent off! It's going to be much harder to get changes this year.
    why is it gna be harder to change this year? I got an A in one module and a U in the other which makes no sense at all!

all I need is 6 UMs more to get a B overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    You can as a private student. But bare in mind that it might clash with your end of year uni exams (which are mostly in May) and would you really want that added stress of essentially waiting for results day again.
    I guess I'll wait and see. It would be nice to turn my B into an A or an A* by getting a better grade in that module though. I don't know if it's worth it or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imran_)
    why is it gna be harder to change this year? I got an A in one module and a U in the other which makes no sense at all!

all I need is 6 UMs more to get a B overall
    The remark criteria has changed this year, so remarks will no longer consider a different interpretation of the mark scheme as a valid reason to change your marks. They'll only change if there's an error by the original marker that explicitly doesn't follow the mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. It happened to me last year. AAU in maths (screw D1). C overall. But at least that was only for AS

I guess I'll wait and see. It would be nice to turn my B into an A or an A* by getting a better grade in that module though. I don't know if it's worth it or not.
    Personally I wouldn't but it is your decision. Did you get your firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    The remark criteria has changed this year, so remarks will no longer consider a different interpretation of the mark scheme as a valid reason to change your marks. They'll only change if there's an error by the original marker that explicitly doesn't follow the mark scheme.
    How does that work for the more subjective, essay-based subjects though?

Surely what constitutes not following the mark scheme is in itself subjective?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear that. What was it in?

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.