Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nitrogen)
    Its 2am and its raining outside lol
    Same here.

Would be a pretty chilled out day if it wasn't for the situation.

ReputationRep:
    My sixthform doesn't even give us our grades until 10, what kind of trickery is this?!

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe I have to stay up a further hour because I live in Spain... no sleep til 7AM for me!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys and girls! I just noticed #ResultsDay trending on twitter and realised it must be A-level results day and thought I'd pop by and say hi.

I actually graduated around a month ago, but I remember my A-level results day as if it were yesterday. A sleepless night full of worry, but it was all worth it in the end.

Best of luck to all of you, I hope you all end up where you want to be. For those who don't get the best news, an academic once said to me "Life will slam many doors shut, don't be afraid to walk through the ones it leaves open" (but in a much more elegant way). My point is, don't be disheartened if you don't get your top choice university, you will almost certainly have a whale of a time no matter where you end up, and who knows, you may even end up happier!

ReputationRep:
    Its 2am and its raining outside lol
    nitrogen makes up 78% of air...

ReputationRep:
    I received an email from SOAS about sending pictures for an ID card on the 7th of Aug and I've taken nothing of it until no :OOOOOO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comokanu)
    Same here.

Would be a pretty chilled out day if it wasn't for the situation.
    It would. If you get good results though it'll just make your day better tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Tsr is better
    Believe me at 4am when they are selling 18ct gold diamond rings which are perfect for your wife on her wedding day after the dog are the ring and you still cant find it but she wont know the difference! It will be keeping you sane!

Although TSR is good

(Original post by HarryMWilliams)
    Adult nursing is quite a popular course it seems, even those places that appear on clearing seem to be filled fairly quickly.

It's an interesting array of universities you have there.
    I want to be close to home - within an hour and a half ish of driving two hours max as I should have my own little brum car then!
    However yes they are all very different universities!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc1234567890)
    yeah yeah
    Yep admittedly RS was only half a GCSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevsamuel)
    Can't believe I have to stay up a further hour because I live in Spain... no sleep til 7AM for me!
    same but 7am is 6am in the uk so you're staying up as long as everyone else

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone getting their results.
    Just to let you know, that last year when I got mine I also could not sleep! But UCAS wont change for quite a bit, for me it wasnt until after i received an acceptance email from my actual uni, got that email at about 7am, UCAS didnt update until about midday. So sitting there refreshing ucas at 2am will not do anything, try and get some sleep!
    And also, just like every year, there'll be an article in the papers asking whether or not a-levels are getting too easy, when you do inevitably see one of those articles, just ignore it, because its absolute rubbish and the people writing it have no right to subtract from the grades you achieved.

Once again, good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    At least if I fail I've got my 18tg birthday to celebrate and a trip to Amsterdam, you can sure tell where my priorities are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc1234567890)
    rude...
    You impertinent fool! This thread is for a level, not for GCSE minnows:cookie:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theplum)
    Good luck everyone getting their results.
    Just to let you know, that last year when I got mine I also could not sleep! But UCAS wont change for quite a bit, for me it wasnt until after i received an acceptance email from my actual uni, got that email at about 7am, UCAS didnt update until about midday. So sitting there refreshing ucas at 2am will not do anything, try and get some sleep!
    And also, just like every year, there'll be an article in the papers asking whether or not a-levels are getting too easy, when you do inevitably see one of those articles, just ignore it, because its absolute rubbish and the people writing it have no right to subtract from the grades you achieved.

Once again, good luck everyone!
    :mad:

ReputationRep:
    ****... Can't sleep, work at 7.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghowell13)
    If I miss my firm, and get into my insurance but yet don't want to go to my insurance, what are my options? Can they put me into clearing? If so, how long will that take?
    You can call them up and ask to be released into clearing however have a list of unis which will accept you and that you want to go to before you do this.

I dont know how long this will take, however you could possibly know within the same hour or it could take a day or two for all the things to process through onto ucas if you go for a clearing option

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    You impertinent fool!
    pshhh i bite my thumb at you

ReputationRep:
    No Amazon, now is not the time to send me an email concerning your brand new Kindle. I almost **** bricks from the notification.

I would like one of those Whitepaper model Kindles though. They look nice.

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you all know, I have a friend who already knows his results and he is definitely in to Nottingham University, so if you have received this email then you have got into this university. You are only able to have a University card if you are either a student or a teacher.. meaning that you guys AND ME got it

ReputationRep:
    After waking up with a skewed sleep schedule, I've just finished researching clearing and laying out steps if I don't meet my offer from Durham. Feel a little better now at least! Now the wait till UCAS track is up begins...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.