Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Is Mata set to leave Chelsea?
    No. Mourinho said we're keeping him, as he has several times before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Even after this? You've got so many Attacking mids now.

ReputationRep:
    BBC confirming Willian is on verge of joining Chelski over Spuds (bahahaha, Unlucky Spuds, they were cheering like they were in their final game last season, they always choke on anything big )

Would've been good for us but he's not a player we need right now. He is an absolutely quality player. Chelsea have far too many attackers now though. Is Mata set to leave Chelsea?
    That in many ways is actually more of an advantage for Spurs, as it increases the likelihood of Bale staying for at least one more season. And If it's true that you going to miraculously splash 90 odd mill on Benzema and Di Maria (why would they even want to go to Arsenal anyway?) then it's not good for you in that respect either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuagmireKatz)
    lol

calm down hun, just because you support arsenal, truth hurts
    I don't support Arsenal I'm just sick of idiots like you spouting crap.

ReputationRep:
    Even after this? You've got so many Attacking mids now.
    So why would we sell (arguably) our best one? Mourinho hinted at someone going out on loan to make room for him though, probably Moses seeing as he's been "missing".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    That in many ways is actually more of an advantage for Spurs, as it increases the likelihood of Bale staying for at least one more season. And If it's true that you going to miraculously splash 90 odd mill on Benzema and Di Maria (why would they even want to go to Arsenal anyway?) then it's not good for you in that respect either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bale will not be staying at Spurs.

And I don't think both Benzema and Di Maria will leave. In fact, I'm pretty sure Di Maria will stay at RM. As for the pair of them, they are going to be heavily restricted in terms of first team appearances given Real's new arrivals. Arsenal can offer Champions League football and first team football in a World Cup year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    whats spouting?

i'm not talking crap, maybe and i don't know all the facts but one thing i know is that arsenal are an embarrassment lol

ReputationRep:
    That means nothing. He said Chelsea only wanted Rooney a week ago and now they've more or less bought Willian. Chelsea have a crazy number of midfielders, most of whom are seriously good, so Mata isn't gonna wanna play a squad rotation game, especially in a World Cup year. Plus it's no secret Mourinho isn't his biggest fan. He's a fine player and wherever he is this season that team will have one of the best MFs in the country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So why would we sell (arguably) our best one? Mourinho hinted at someone going out on loan to make room for him though, probably Moses seeing as he's been "missing".
    Money talks in football. If the right offer comes in Mourinho may feel inclined to part given the attacking options now at his disposal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Not very gentleman like is it. She's entitled to her opinion. Let the young lady express her views.

Nwakaeme

ReputationRep:

And I don't think both Benzema and Di Maria will leave. In fact, I'm pretty sure Di Maria will stay at RM. As for the pair of them, they are going to be heavily restricted in terms of first team appearances given Real's new arrivals. Arsenal can offer Champions League football and first team football in a World Cup year.
    Benzema's appearances will not be restricted, this window they sold their only other striker who isn't still a kid.

ReputationRep:
    A number of clubs are reported to be interested in Lukas Podolski. I think he may be on his way out. Probably means we'll be bringing in a winger and striker. Hopefully anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    That means nothing. He said Chelsea only wanted Rooney a week ago and now they've more or less bought Willian. Chelsea have a crazy number of midfielders, most of whom are seriously good, so Mata isn't gonna wanna play a squad rotation game, especially in a World Cup year. Plus it's no secret Mourinho isn't his biggest fan. He's a fine player and wherever he is this season that team will have one of the best MFs in the country.
    Different situation entirely. What evidence is there to even suggest that he will leave? None. Compared to Mourinho having said several times that we want him and he will stay.

As for the bit in bold, that is complete BS. No evidence for that either. Marca wrote some article back when Mourinho first joined saying Mourinho didn't like/want Torres or Mata, because they're Spanish. No quotes, no source, no nothing; pure BS and people have taken it as a fact. :rolleyes:

Money talks in football. If the right offer comes in Mourinho may feel inclined to part given the attacking options now at his disposal.
    We're not a selling club. We don't need to sell Mata.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Benzema's appearances will not be restricted, this window they sold their only other striker who isn't still a kid.
    I'm certain Ronaldo will move to striker if Bale comes in and I'm sure Real will also move for Suarez.

It's been well noted that Benzema's conversion rate hasn't been of the quality Real expected and I'm pretty sure Arsenal wouldn't randomly go for talks for Benzema if there wasn't any indication from Real. We've already made ourselves look stupid once this window, pretty sure AW will have done his research better this time round.

Rodgers can claim all he likes but if there's a sniff from RM, Suarez will go mental.

ReputationRep:

We're not a selling club. We don't need to sell Mata.
    Selling one player doesn't make you a 'selling club'. Lmfao.

So United are a selling club are they because they had to take the £80m for Ronaldo.

Okay mate...use your head, there's about 7 players who fight over 2 or 3 positions in your starting eleven.

ReputationRep:
    I'm certain Ronaldo will move to striker if Bale comes in and I'm sure Real will also move for Suarez.

It's been well noted that Benzema's conversion rate hasn't been of the quality Real expected and I'm pretty sure Arsenal wouldn't randomly go for talks for Benzema if there wasn't any indication from Real. We've already made ourselves look stupid once this window, pretty sure AW will have done his research better this time round.
    So Real Madrid are going to move their best player out of position to where he is less effective so they can put Gareth Bale there, a position where he is also less effective. Sound logic there. I'm sure Ronaldo will also be thrilled about that.

ReputationRep:

I agree I think the chances of Bale staying are slim but you could imagine Levy's reluctance to sell Bale without having a replacement at the ready Which is the point I was making. And in terms of footballing ability is Bale even good enough to be guaranteed a starting spot every week for Madrid? I can't seem to imagine them playing Ronaldo as a false 9.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So Real Madrid are going to move their best player out of position to where he is less effective so they can put Gareth Bale there, a position where he is also less effective. Sound logic there. I'm sure Ronaldo will also be thrilled about that.
    Yep. In my view, both Ronaldo and Bale on the wings won't work, they'll become too imbalanced to function and both will try and do their own thing, thus cancelling each other out. I can either see Ronaldo being moved or being sold. One or the other. It's just my view, you don't have to agree with it.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. In my view, both Ronaldo and Bale on the wings won't work, they'll become too imbalanced to function and both will try and do their own thing, thus cancelling each other out. I can either see Ronaldo being moved or being sold. One or the other. It's just my view, you don't have to agree with it.
    This is your view because you want it to be true so you get Benzema. If you hope hard enough it will happen mate, doesn't matter how little sense it makes.

ReputationRep:
    Say Ronaldo gets hurt up front as well which isn't out the realms of possibility as it be more physical people think Madrid will be okay to go with Morata up front? :lol:

Its not happening not unless Madrid sign Bale and Suarez. Which would then really leave no places for so many players. I agree you don't upset Ronaldo for someone who is inferior.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.