Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Truth is, when you're gay/bi, being petite is actually a good thing. With guys though, you just got to draw the line and make sure you're not falling into a pre-determined "role" when the relationship starts. Being petite need not mean you're the *****. But guys like to take advantage so you've just got to be firm (no innuendo intended).

Truth is too, if you're a smaller guy like me we are like the girls in terms of preference, we do prefer to feel small and protected with a tall guy .
    Wait so you're gay? Do you get dominated in relationships with men then or?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Tom put some points to you so I won't bore you, but medically speaking 6'2" is the best height to be studies have shown (with regards to less likely to contract certain conditions and disease). There's no doubt being taller helps getting girls as well.

That average height is outdated, people are taller. I barely see anyone my height/shorter really.
    Do taller men not have a lower life expectancy as well though?

Let's be real, it's no good being 6 ft 2 if you're ugly, a pussyclart or awkward.

I'm assuming you've struggled with girls in the past and think it's partly down to your height, cool, but not all of us have that problem.

It's a primal thing, when I am drunk I don't gravitate towards the shorter man. I choose the taller man everytime. The taller man in nature is more likely to be able to lead and protect and it demonstrates the greatest likelihood of thriving genes. Plus, I just love feeling small and protected, when the guy holds me close in his arms or bends over to kiss me it just feels amazing. God, the new year is bring out all of these mushy feelings .
    That was beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Tom stop talking lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wait so you're gay? Do you get dominated in relationships with men then or?

I prefer the term "Bi", we went over this a few weeks ago on here. I hate the labels, I should be able to love a man and not be labelled. And no, I prefer to draw the line and not be dominated in the "balance of power" sense. I get to decide certain things, my other half decides other things. I am more of the homemaker than the protector, however. This way it works instead of people arguing over confused roles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Do taller men not have a lower life expectancy as well though?

Let's be real, it's no good being 6 ft 2 if you're ugly, a pussyclart or awkward.

I'm assuming you've struggled with girls in the past and think it's partly down to your height, cool, but not all of us have that problem.
    That's generally if you go higher (6'4"+), medically speaking I'm fairly sure 6'2" is optimum though Isometrix will know this better than me. That's true, but the point I was making is that 6'2" ugly will get more girls than 5'10" ugly, and same applies if both are good looking.

That's a false statement that I'll choose to ignore.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the term "Bi", we went over this a few weeks ago on here. I hate the labels, I should be able to love a man and not be labelled. And no, I prefer to draw the line and not be dominated in the "balance of power" sense. I get to decide certain things, my other half decides other things. I am more of the homemaker than the protector, however. This way it works instead of people arguing over confused roles.
    Na man you're either gay or straight, you must be gay as you always talk about boys and their attractiveness. I'm guessing you cook and clean whilst the man of the house goes out to work, is his dinner on the table for him when he gets back?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Height is incredibly overrated, as long as you're not 5ft1 or 6ft8 it shouldn't be an issue... I know a few girls who are taller than their boyfriends and it doesn't seem to bother them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wilfred has a point though if you're bothered about height this much it just shows an insecurity and lack of confidence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Na man you're either gay or straight, you must be gay as you always talk about boys and their attractiveness. I'm guessing you cook and clean whilst the man of the house goes out to work, is his dinner on the table for him when he gets back?
    I like girls too man, so therefore I am bi. And yes, I like cooking dinner for my partner but it does not mean I am any less empowered in the relationship. Guys with women must learn this too, it does not mean they are any less empowered. Instead they're too busy wanting to seem "alpha" and "lads" :rolleyes:. It's a turnoff. Me and my partner both like to share the cooking when we are at home together.

ReputationRep:
    Tom, do you find yourself being romantically interested in one sex more than the other but sexually interested in both? Just wondering can tell me to mind my own if you like.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at pussyclart I died.

ReputationRep:
    so insensitive. just cost there's no equality for same sex couples in your culture doesn't mean u can bash other people. You're a disgrace

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Height makes a difference to your life outcomes for sure. Check out the average height of US presidents or hedge fund managers etc, people just invariably associate it with manliness and so competence, testosterone etc. I think it just makes you more confident generally. Even walking down the street late at night you just dont think about getting robbed etc whereas someone of 5'9 probably would.

It's not an achievement to be tall of course, but neither is having a high IQ or being attractive. Just the luck of genetics isnt it.

ReputationRep:
    I like girls too man, so therefore I am bi. And yes, I like cooking dinner for my partner but it does not mean I am any less empowered in the relationship. Guys with women must learn this too, it does not mean they are any less empowered. Instead they're too busy wanting to seem "alpha" and "lads" :rolleyes:. It's a turnoff. Me and my partner both like to share the cooking when we are at home together.
    Yeah maybe. I agree on some points, it takes a strong man to be able to take on a woman's role in a same sex relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Height makes a difference to your life outcomes for sure. Check out the average height of US presidents or hedge fund managers etc, people just invariably associate it with manliness and so competence, testosterone etc.
    Remember reading that in a huge corporate company (think it may have been banking) in the U.S. 95% of employees were over 6'0", and this is despite their being such a minority of people over this height in the country.

ReputationRep:
    That's generally if you go higher (6'4"+), medically speaking I'm fairly sure 6'2" is optimum though Isometrix will know this better than me. That's true, but the point I was making is that 6'2" ugly will get more girls than 5'10" ugly, and same applies if both are good looking.

That's a false statement that I'll choose to ignore.
    Height and looks aren't that important you know. I doubt girls will automatically choose a taller guy over the shorter one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Height makes a difference to your life outcomes for sure.
    Aren't you still unemployed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Remember reading that in a huge corporate company (think it may have been banking) in the U.S. 95% of employees were over 6'0", and this is despite their being such a minority of people over this height in the country.
    Ive worked in banks and 100% you notice that people are just taller. Also more midgets though with chips on their shoulder though tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Height and looks aren't that important you know. I doubt girls will automatically choose a taller guy over the shorter one.
    Looks definitely are. No doubt about it. And it's not even a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Yes they will it's a fact of life. Just like they'll choose the richer, more desirable one as well, just like guys are more shallow and will pick the prettier girl. Not saying personality doesn't matter but these things are just as if not more important.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 5, 2015
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.