The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
I don't know; seeing my psychiatrist the week after next. The problem is there is no "something else", this is kind of a last attempt.

You researched anything else that might help, if there are any medical trials or anything? Or drugs that you'd discounted up till now because of side effects?
Original post by JBlad
That's okay keep your chin up you can only try your best if you're struggling. If things don't work out (results) there'll be ways to rectify the situation might not be plan A but honestly not the end of the world :smile:
Original post by superwolf
You researched anything else that might help, if there are any medical trials or anything? Or drugs that you'd discounted up till now because of side effects?

Combinations of drugs may also work better than a single drug.
I don't know; seeing my psychiatrist the week after next. The problem is there is no "something else", this is kind of a last attempt.

Good Luck!
Reply 9684
Original post by Little Popcorns
That's okay keep your chin up you can only try your best if you're struggling. If things don't work out (results) there'll be ways to rectify the situation might not be plan A but honestly not the end of the world :smile:

Thanks :smile: I've thought about this, I've got a passport as ill need it for abroad things if I get into uni, but if I don't I may just go abroad anyway, though not sure if being alone in a foreign country will really help me :/
How are you anyway? I feel very rude just talking about myself!
not strong enough :cry2:
Original post by JBlad
Thanks :smile: I've thought about this, I've got a passport as ill need it for abroad things if I get into uni, but if I don't I may just go abroad anyway, though not sure if being alone in a foreign country will really help me :/
How are you anyway? I feel very rude just talking about myself!

Yeah erm I probably wouldn't advise going away alone especially if you're feeling a bit low...

I'm okay thanks :smile: feeling a bit groggy not sure why... Some kind of bug which is setting off my health anxiety nicely 😒 so not exactly 100%
Original post by Pathway
not strong enough :cry2:
Yes you are :hugs:
Original post by superwolf

My psychiatrist brought up clozapine but it requires weekly blood tests and what with me moving and stuff that might not be possible.

I feel so alone. I can't talk about how I feel with my wife as I don't want her to regret her decision to keep me out of hospital but the only other place is here and I don't want to trigger anyone. I just don't know what to do. I feel so desperate for something to help me but I don't think anything can. :frown:
Yes you are :hugs:

just feel like im going to snap and i cant cope
my head is hurting and confused. and I want mermaid hair
Reply 9691
Yeah erm I probably wouldn't advise going away alone especially if you're feeling a bit low...

I'm okay thanks :smile: feeling a bit groggy not sure why... Some kind of bug which is setting off my health anxiety nicely 😒 so not exactly 100%

:/ no worries, you do a fantastic job here helping everyone out :smile:)
Original post by Pathway
just feel like im going to snap and i cant cope
I know the feeling but you know from what you've told me you're clearly hardier than you think
Heeeey could people help me out.

If you're travelling to Londoon for the day and wish to use the underground, do you need to buy a one day oyster/travel card in order to use it and if you do, do you then have to actually pay to go on a journey in the tube?
Original post by JBlad
:/ no worries, you do a fantastic job here helping everyone out :smile:)

I really don't I just nip in and I'm fairly new but thank you and if that's the case I should reconsider being a mess and get a MH job instead :lol: nah seriously I have my own problems so I know what I'd like to hear I suppose :smile:
I know the feeling but you know from what you've told me you're clearly hardier than you think

yeaah but there's only so much **** one person can take before they just lose it. nail in the coffin or something. i'm so spacey right now haha.
My psychiatrist brought up clozapine but it requires weekly blood tests and what with me moving and stuff that might not be possible.

I feel so alone. I can't talk about how I feel with my wife as I don't want her to regret her decision to keep me out of hospital but the only other place is here and I don't want to trigger anyone. I just don't know what to do. I feel so desperate for something to help me but I don't think anything can. :frown:

PM me and I'll answer tomorrow? :hugs:
Original post by IDukem
Heeeey could people help me out.

If you're travelling to Londoon for the day and wish to use the underground, do you need to buy a one day oyster/travel card in order to use it and if you do, do you then have to actually pay to go on a journey in the tube?

You can either buy a travelcard or an oyster card. If you have a contactless bank card, you can use that too.
Original post by OU Student
You can either buy a travelcard or an oyster card. If you have a contactless bank card, you can use that too.

Sorry for the bombardment of questions, but do you know how much a one day ticket from either costs? Also if you buy one of them, do you just get to use the tube, or do you have to pay again to go from A to B.

The only times I have been to London, I did things by foot :colondollar:
Original post by IDukem
Sorry for the bombardment of questions, but do you know how much a one day ticket from either costs? Also if you buy one of them, do you just get to use the tube, or do you have to pay again to go from A to B.

The only times I have been to London, I did things by foot :colondollar:

Can't help you sorry! I use my oyster card. I just top up and go. I just have to tap in and tap out again.

Have you tried asking in the Travel forum?

Latest