Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    It's good for Allen to be playing week in and out as the best player in a midfield imo. He needs to catch up after missing out a lot of first team football and it will do his reputation a lot of good. At 26, he's still got another big move in him.

On the flip side, I don't think we've missed Allen at all so fair play to Klopp for selling. Lolz at people who were angry Klopp sold Allen and not Henderson.

Ugh I hate international breaks.. depressing that we play Man Utd on a Monday night too so even longer wait than usual.
    Yeah I agree - he's too good to be sitting on the bench but he wasn't good enough to start, so the move was definitely right for him.
    Henderson has had a tough time with injury and lack of form but this season he seems to have gotten back to his best.

I'm not bothered about Monday nights, it's just the fact we play after pretty much everyone else so there's added pressure. There's nothing worse than knowing you MUST win to keep up with the rest. Early games are the best - if you win you can sit back and relax, if you lose there's still the chance that rivals will drop points too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Yeah I agree - he's too good to be sitting on the bench but he wasn't good enough to start, so the move was definitely right for him.
    Henderson has had a tough time with injury and lack of form but this season he seems to have gotten back to his best.

I'm not bothered about Monday nights, it's just the fact we play after pretty much everyone else so there's added pressure. There's nothing worse than knowing you MUST win to keep up with the rest. Early games are the best - if you win you can sit back and relax, if you lose there's still the chance that rivals will drop points too.
    Not sure he's what Klopp wanted in any event. Klopp has kept those he wanted and moved on those he didn't want.

I've just got to make sure I can get out of work

I think there's enough pressure with it being against Man Utd so I don't think timing will matter that much. I've convinced myself that we're going to batter them so really looking forward to it :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Not sure he's what Klopp wanted in any event. Klopp has kept those he wanted and moved on those he didn't want.

I've just got to make sure I can get out of work

I think there's enough pressure with it being against Man Utd so I don't think timing will matter that much. I've convinced myself that we're going to batter them so really looking forward to it :rofl:
    Yeah true, I just mean as a player he doesn't deserve to spend his career on a bench. Happy that he's getting time at Stoke but he could probably go better. If he wasn't at Liverpool previously, he wouldn't be a bad player for a side like Everton.

I assume it starts at 8pm? I should be home by then so it's all good.

Well I'm glad you're so confident because all I can see is a scrappy and undeserved 1-0 win for United. I can just see them scoring from a dodgy set piece...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Yeah true, I just mean as a player he doesn't deserve to spend his career on a bench. Happy that he's getting time at Stoke but he could probably go better. If he wasn't at Liverpool previously, he wouldn't be a bad player for a side like Everton.

Well I'm glad you're so confident because all I can see is a scrappy and undeserved 1-0 win for United. I can just see them scoring from a dodgy set piece...
    He probably doesn't deserve to be on thousands of pounds a week whether he's on the pitch or not for 90 minutes a week..

Yep 8pm. I should be but can never tell with work.

Mourinho will probably play deep and on the counter/set pieces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Whenever we play manu in the league they always seem to have the luck on there side.

Honestly speaking if we dont win this game , we wont get top 4. This game is so important lol , confidence etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's good for Allen to be playing week in and out as the best player in a midfield imo. He needs to catch up after missing out a lot of first team football and it will do his reputation a lot of good. At 26, he's still got another big move in him.

On the flip side, I don't think we've missed Allen at all so fair play to Klopp for selling. Lolz at people who were angry Klopp sold Allen and not Henderson.

Ugh I hate international breaks.. depressing that we play Man Utd on a Monday night too so even longer wait than usual.
    But allen is still better than wijnaldum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Think People)
    Whenever we play manu in the league they always seem to have the luck on there side.

Honestly speaking if we dont win this game , we wont get top 4. This game is so important lol , confidence etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah it's just another 3 points. Klopp has given the side plenty of confidence so I don't think it's an issue.

(Original post by nerdling_CompSci)
    But allen is still better than wijnaldum
    Not sure if sarcasm?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol we still have another 30 games to play after the United game so its not a season decider, Klopp won't let our confidence drop after a loss anyway as we bounced back from that Burnley defeat. Its the games like Palace, West Brom, Burnley etc that make or break our season.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's no way we losing to manu nooo ****ing. Im predicting 4-1.

We scoring for fun at anfield this season

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdling_CompSci)
    There's no way we losing to manu nooo ****ing. Im predicting 4-1.

We scoring for fun at anfield this season

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Football is football mate - we're a much more fluid side with much better performances but a game like this can throw that all out of the window.

If they win on Monday it doesn't mean they're a better team, it just means that things went well for them in an isolated 90 minute match. We've lost to them before coming in to the game as clearly superior, and I have no doubt it'll happen again in the future.

It's good to be confident but don't underestimate Manchester United when they're up against Liverpool...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Football is football mate - we're a much more fluid side with much better performances but a game like this can throw that all out of the window.

If they win on Monday it doesn't mean they're a better team, it just means that things went well for them in an isolated 90 minute match. We've lost to them before coming in to the game as clearly superior, and I have no doubt it'll happen again in the future.

It's good to be confident but don't underestimate Manchester United when they're up against Liverpool...
    Interesting point on TAW recently - that we do take some risks in our style of football and when we do eventually have a proper off day, we could get battered..

ReputationRep:
    Henderson will captain England tomorrow :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Wijnaldum has a hamstring problem and will most likely miss the Man U game next week, he came off at 60 mins. Lallana may be fit enough to make the bench too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Apparently Wijnaldum has a hamstring problem and will most likely miss the Man U game next week, he came off at 60 mins. Lallana may be fit enough to make the bench too...
    Not the worst thing in the world - we could bring Can in for the former and Sturridge in for the latter, playing a 4-2-3-1

P.S: Henderson 1 yellow card away from suspension - I expect he'll get one against United but it's not the end of the world since our fixtures are much easier afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Ugh I hate internationals

(Original post by Lúcio)
    Not the worst thing in the world - we could bring Can in for the former and Sturridge in for the latter, playing a 4-2-3-1

P.S: Henderson 1 yellow card away from suspension - I expect he'll get one against United but it's not the end of the world since our fixtures are much easier afterwards.
    Can has looked terribly off pace whenever introduced as a substitute.

Sturridge coming in changes the shape from what Klopp likes in big games and you lose the work rate that Firmino offers up top.

Both would be big misses imo.

I'm not convinced that teams like West Brom, Crystal Palace, Watford and Southampton are that easy.. we'll drop points in those 4 games.

ReputationRep:
    Can has looked terribly off pace whenever introduced as a substitute.

Sturridge coming in changes the shape from what Klopp likes in big games and you lose the work rate that Firmino offers up top.

Both would be big misses imo.

I'm not convinced that teams like West Brom, Crystal Palace, Watford and Southampton are that easy.. we'll drop points in those 4 games.
    With Wijnaldum and Lallana injured, who else do we have to bring in?
    Origi doesn't look any better and although Ings has been terrific in reserve games, is this the game to bring him in?

Injuries will force our hand whether we like it or not. We may lose some work rate up top but let's not forget how quality Sturridge can be on his day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    With Wijnaldum and Lallana injured, who else do we have to bring in?
    Origi doesn't look any better and although Ings has been terrific in reserve games, is this the game to bring him in?

Injuries will force our hand whether we like it or not. We may lose some work rate up top but let's not forget how quality Sturridge can be on his day.
    No you're right, our options seem to be 2 from: Sturridge, Origi, Ings, Can, Grujic or Lucas.

Sturridge has had the most game time so I'd expect him to come in. Origi and Can have been off form. Grujic not experienced enough for such a big game, Lucas probably too slow. Ings been out for a very long time unless he's been able to impress Klopp during the last 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool’s chief executive, Ian Ayre, has said it would cost between £60m-£70m to rebuild the Anfield Road end of the stadium and described the possible 15-year repayments as “not a smart investment for the business.”

Liverpool received outline planning permission to redevelop Anfield Road and increase stadium capacity by 4,800 in September 2014 as part of its application for the new main stand. However, the club has always stated it needed to find the right economic model before proceeding with phase two of the redevelopment and, in a meeting with the Liverpool Supporters’ Committee, Ayre outlined the difficulties in expanding Anfield to a capacity of 58,500 and above.

Fenway Sports Group, Liverpool’s owner, funded the £114m construction of the main stand with an interest-free loan. The owners expect the loan to be repaid within six years due to the number of hospitality seats, which account for approximately half of the extra 8,500 seats in the new building. Anfield Road, Ayre told LSC, would not pay for itself so quickly.

“A stand behind a goal doesn’t have the benefit of hospitality that would go a long way to meet the redevelopment costs,” said the chief executive, in minutes from the meeting. “If you consider the redevelopment of Anfield Road from a purely general admission perspective, building, say, 6,000 extra seats to take the capacity up to 60,000 would cost somewhere between £60m and £70m. At £12,000 to £13,000 per seat, it would take approximately 15 years to pay back, which is not a smart investment for the business. Therefore the club needs to find a rounded solution that’s in the best interests of the football club.”

Ayre claimed that while Liverpool were seeking the “rounded solution” to rebuild Anfield Road, the club also needed time following the construction of the main stand “to ensure that what it has put in place works, and in tandem continue with plans for Anfield Road. However, as with the main stand, the club has to find the right economic model, and only then will it be the right time to move forward.”

It was suggested at the meeting that Liverpool supporters could invest in the £60m-£70m costs of a new Anfield Road. Graham Smith, who represents Merseyside-based fans on the LSC, said: “There are people who would think a 15-year return would make sense, and that’s the supporters. The supporters would fund such a development up front if the club made an appeal for financial support.”

While insisting he could not speak for FSG, Ayre said Liverpool should consider the idea of supporter involvement. “We should have that conversation,” the chief executive added.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...n-as-not-smart

No doubt supporters will be angry but when you consider the numbers, you can see why it's not as attractive as the expansion for the Main Stand.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Mignolet doesn't mind being 2nd choice keeper as he'll have time to run his new coffee shop in Belgium :rofl::rofl:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...opens-9024465?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    Looks like Mignolet doesn't mind being 2nd choice keeper as he'll have time to run his new coffee shop in Belgium :rofl::rofl:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...opens-9024465?
    Barely going to play for club and country for the next couple of years until we force him off our books..

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.