Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    He's my kicker in my other championship game! And Detroit need to get their **** together and score a ****tonne of points against this car crash they call Chicago.
    This is destroying me in my other league as well. What's going on?

ReputationRep:
    The Jets are making me happy. I'm happy they're playing hard just for the sake of playing hard, I'm happy that Geno is playing well because I honestly believe he has a great shot to be a successful starter, and I'm happy that it's all happening against the Pats.

Also my favourite play in football happened yesterday. It's when the punter out-kicks his coverage, and the coverage out-hustles the punter's mistake. It's just so...... BLUE COLLAR. All the players involved might as well be Danny Woodhead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shunter7634)
    This is destroying me in my other league as well. What's going on?
    I've told myself I'm going to lose both matchups and have switched over to the darts! It'll be a much better watch given that the only team I care about making the playoffs is the Bengals.

ReputationRep:
    My mistake, my favourite play in football is when Brady gets knocked down and picked off at the same time. How can you not love that?

ReputationRep:
    Tampa are literally an embarrassment. Mcclown is dreadful, the play calling is grim, and the the lack of desire from the offense is astonishing. Considering our D held the pack to 10 points for half you'd think they'd have the decency to make an effort.

ReputationRep:
    Woah....

Whatever the Cowboys are doing to the Colts...I'm pretty sure it isn't PG13...

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations, Tony Romo on surpassing Troy Aikman, and is has the Cowboys' record for the most passing yards.

ReputationRep:
    So it comes down to the man that I spoke so highly of preseason. Few questions about his value as a #3 draft pick. Now he has to make up 2.2 point deficit vs DT to win me a championship game. The drama.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    So it comes down to the man that I spoke so highly of preseason. Few questions about his value as a #3 draft pick. Now he has to make up 2.2 point deficit vs DT to win me a championship game. The drama.
    That would be sound logic...if Lynch did not have a stomach ache and was on the sidelines.
    In my other league, Tony Romo, Dez Bryant and Odell Beckham have sort of bailed me out, as was the fact that he had Luck, and not Tannehill playing....and the fact that it's a two leg consolation tie (for third place).

On that note...I'm fighting for third in every league. So close...and yet so far....

Commiserations to Shunter. You played an excellent fantasy season. With the TSR playoff...I felt like I just backed into the playoffs, with some very questionable personnel decisions which didn't help my cause. I'm a gambler and a tinkerer with the lineup...and this week, starting Romo ahead of (a questionable) Peyton Manning has paid off so far.

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question. Does anyone think Tony Romo has an actual chance at MVP? His numbers are certainly good enough...I just think his "reputation" haunts him and that Rodgers, Brady and Manning have a better chance due to their name recognition and very good play this year.

ReputationRep:
    Nah Romo while he's been good won't win it. Murray will take votes from him.

It's Rodgers or Watt. If it was me it go to Watt but you know the MVP is basically best quarterback.

ReputationRep:
    Now I have a real situation. I win TSR if Demaryius Thomas scores 21.1+ points. I lose my other championship game if he scores 29.9+ points so anywhere in that safe window would be lovely DT.

ReputationRep:
    Oh man Seattle are peaking right at the perfect time haha. Their defense is just mean again.

Although ryan Lindley blows. Anyone but him. Dare I even say Cutler? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Nah Romo while he's been good won't win it. Murray will take votes from him.

It's Rodgers or Watt. If it was me it go to Watt but you know the MVP is basically best quarterback.
    That's what I fear. Romo has definitely played at a pro bowl level for sure...maybe even an MVP level one. The usual suspects, Brady, Rodgers, Peyton are all in contention..but if Peyton and Brady are, then so Romo should be in the conversation.

I think a lot of it will be his reputation, although you are right in that Murray will take away votes from Romo. I also think it's about who rounds into form...Rodgers, Brady and Romo have done that...but Peyton and Murray have tailed off. I agrree with your point about Watt.

Oh man Seattle are peaking right at the perfect time haha. Their defense is just mean again.

Although ryan Lindley blows. Anyone but him. Dare I even say Cutler? :eek:
    Oh yeah. I can't understand why they had Logan Thomas come in, who has a good arm and can scramble, to come in on one play to throw it deep, and then when it fell incomplete, to take him back out. 18/44 for 216, 0TDs and 1INT -- to Sherman of all players - actually flatters him, because he was terrible. He took a leaf out of Cutler's book with some serious stat padding towards the end.

Seattle's defense is looking scary, but it was with the back seven finally healthy. This furthers their credentials. On a side note, the 86 Chicago Bears defense was even better than the 1985 defense which won the super bowl...so it is possible for superbowl defenses to improve.

Speaking of good defense...how 'bout them cowboys? The colts had....ONE rushing yard...on ten attempts. Pitiful, and a Cowboys franchise record for the least rushing yards in a game. I wasn't expecting that beatdown...which, uh...just wasn't PG13, at all.

(Original post by Wattsy)
    Now I have a real situation. I win TSR if Demaryius Thomas scores 21.1+ points. I lose my other championship game if he scores 29.9+ points so anywhere in that safe window would be lovely DT.
    It all depends on how healthy Peyton and Sanders are. Peyton should start, but I hope for a lot of CJ Anderson (sorry Shunter) to soften the other Bengals up, and then with a little Peyton magic mixed in. It'll be far from a walk in the park. Ideally, you're looking for a 100 yard game with 2 TDs, nothing else...which would be easier to get if Sanders is out sick. He would have to have a 180 yard game with 2TDs, or 130 yard with 3TDs to lose the other game. But, I would say that he's just as likely to pull in a 30point game as he is a 10 point one.

ReputationRep:
    How about Oakland?! Who knew they could pull run D like that?

Plus my 'Hawks on track for No.1 seed. If we get it I think we could well reach the Super Bowl.

If we win the Super Bowl I honestly have no idea what I'll do. But let's just say I'll be very happy.

(Obviously, it's a way off and there are some great teams to face, but the D is better than last year...)

ReputationRep:
    Marshawn da don.....

WHAT A BEAST. Game on.

ReputationRep:
    Only team I can see beating Seahawks is the packers but that's only if they play a blinder.

ReputationRep:
    Gonna have a little cheeky prediction: Giants make the playoffs next year.

ReputationRep:
    Only team I can see beating Seahawks is the packers but that's only if they play a blinder.
    Who are you tryna kid? SuperCam is getting a ring.....

ReputationRep:
    Team that I think has the best chance to beat us is the Lions - stout run D, awesome pass rush, two legitimately awesome WRs and solid enough running backs that you can't afford to cheat up in any way, have to respect all facets of the game.

With that said, I still can't see us losing to them - particularly at home following a 1st round bye.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.