Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This really annoys me, it's a pointless tournament. We'll have to use him sparingly for the first part of next season. Thankfully having Rambo as a 'replacement' isn't exactly a problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    I think this is meant to be his reason: "We play Spain in our first game and I have to bear in mind that they have two players, Juan Mata (of Valencia) and Bojan (of Barcelona) who have played 35, 36 games this season," "They have their best team out and I need to have my best team too."
    Hopefully he'll send Jack home after that game then..

ReputationRep:
    How many games has Wilshere played? Someone told me 50+ but i'm not sure if that's true...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nasri08)
    How many games has Wilshere played? Someone told me 50+ but i'm not sure if that's true...
    Must be. He's played in most games this season and we've played 60+

ReputationRep:
    45 appearances and counting so far this season with 3 games to play according to wiki.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really agree with players as young as Wilshere playing so much in one season tbh, I think it takes it's toll as they get older, I think Torres is a good example of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I don't really agree with players as young as Wilshere playing so much in one season tbh, I think it takes it's toll as they get older, I think Torres is a good example of that.
    Yeah, I agree. But we've not had much choice, it's him or Denilson :eek:

If Ramsay were fit, it'd be significantly less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    45 appearances and counting so far this season with 3 games to play according to wiki.
    Cheers. That's a lot at 19. Wenger should rotate more but we don't have any quality backups

(Original post by Deshi)
    I agree. Fabregas aswell and he's only 23.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers. That's a lot at 19. Wenger should rotate more but we don't have any quality backups
    Ramsey's long term injury certainly accelerated his progression through the squads. If Ramsey hadn't been mauled Wilshere would probably have been loaned out again for at least half of this season.

I agree. Fabregas aswell and he's only 23.
    Absolutely, burnout is the major threat posed to players now a days as they seem to be playing more and more younger and younger. It's the only thing that's going to stop players like Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, Fabregas etc. in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    Nepal_Arsenal quoted on BBC live feed... that's one of you guys is it not?

ReputationRep:
    Why are two defensive midfielders, i.e. usually tough players, the biggest girls in that Barcelona team? Seriously, I'd get so tempted to give them something to roll around on the floor for. Kick to the balls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    Nepal_Arsenal quoted on BBC live feed... that's one of you guys is it not?
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Is it you, Abira?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Andy Carroll and Wilshire might not get a rest until 2015 if England do well in the Euros next summer.

And the FA wonder why we aren't developing any talent. - It's because we burn them out by the time they are 24.

(Original post by Kevmeister)
      Is it you, Abiral?
      Nope. I'm not even on Twitter. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
      Opta tweeted this earlier, what the table would look like if all shots that hit the post had gone in

We really need to work on shooting!

ReputationRep:
      :rofl: What an amazing, ridiculous and all round useless stat :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
      Opta tweeted this earlier, what the table would look like if all shots that hit the post had gone in

[TABLE HERE]

Urgh.
      Not sure if this makes me feel better or worse about our annual capitulation.
      Probably worse. This 'almost but not quite' feeling is the most frustrating thing in the world.

ReputationRep:

:eek:
      That's ridiculous! Can't they just make the goals slightly wider for us?

It is indeed ridiculous how many of our shots hit the post. I can't really think of any rational cause either: sure if it was that out shooting was rubbish, the shots would simply go wide? I honestly cannot think of a factor behind this other than bad luck.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Mess.)
        :rofl: What an amazing, ridiculous and all round useless stat :rofl2:

Liverpool would be in the CL next year as well :facepalm2:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.