Latex must have gone wrong... Yeah it did

:spank: that :badger:
had me confused for ages thanks for confirming :P
lilGem
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Febraury I'm going up and down the country to department open days :woo: cannot wait!
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Robbie242)
Same I've devised this list at the moment
Warwick - Morse or MMORSE
Cambridge - Mathematics
Bristol - Mathematics
Exeter - Mathematics
and an ABB uni (undecided)

where are you thinking of applying to? I've also got 3 exams in january worried most about economics :P
Nice choices, nice to see you aiming high! Excuse me for sounding ignorant, but what's Morse/MMORSE? :holmes:

In the event that I get straight As in August, I'm thinking of Oxford, UCL, and then some AAB/ABB choices. Not quite sure what they'll be, but I'll look into that in a few months time I think. Good luck with your Jan exams? What are they all?
(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
Mynameisnt.... Posts more

Awww make your own one?
Exactly, bar one

I'll look into it. Knowing my college, all but about 10 of us couldn't care less about the future.
(Original post by lilGem)
Febraury I'm going up and down the country to department open days :woo: cannot wait!
Ooh, where are you going? :teeth:
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Pandora.)
Thus far I've booked Exeter, UEA and Sheffield :dance: just awaiting details from Oxford Brookes and any form of response for QUB
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
had me confused for ages thanks for confirming :P
Sorry!

Nice choices, nice to see you aiming high! Excuse me for sounding ignorant, but what's Morse/MMORSE? :holmes:

In the event that I get straight As in August, I'm thinking of Oxford, UCL, and then some AAB/ABB choices. Not quite sure what they'll be, but I'll look into that in a few months time I think. Good luck with your Jan exams? What are they all? Exactly, bar one

I'll look into it. Knowing my college, all but about 10 of us couldn't care less about the future.
Oh wow how about some online creative writing? That thing... Nanowrimo or something

Cambridge is better

Robbie242
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

In the event that I get straight As in August, I'm thinking of Oxford, UCL, and then some AAB/ABB choices. Not quite sure what they'll be, but I'll look into that in a few months time I think. Good luck with your Jan exams? What are they all? Exactly, bar one
Mathematical operational statistics and research (warwick exclusive course) and MMORSE is an 4year degree course, Those are quite good choices my offers range A*AA (including 2 in step) down to ABB and exeter is a nice insurance uni for me I reckon, I've got C1 (maths) Women's Suffrage (history) and Economics (markets and market failure) next year adding further maths onto the bandwagon is gonna be fun :eek:
Robbie242
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry!

Oh wow how about some online creative writing? That thing... Nanowrimo or something

Cambridge is better

Hey shadab theres a rate of change question regarding v=10r^2 r=5 so I did dv/dr = 20r when r=5 dv/dr= 100cm^3 per ... Second or cm... I need to know what this is regarding the rate of change the full question is:

The Volume V cm^3 of a cylinder with radius r cm is given by V=10r^2.
The rate of change of the volume with respect to the radius at the point when the radius is 5cm is and thats it it says per second or per cm for 100cm^3 which is the rate of change second or cm?
Alex-Torres
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wow everyones on about uni. Our college havent informed us of that, yet. When are you supposed to book open days? When are open days? What course does everyone want to go to?

I want to do Economics at Birmingham, Sheffield, St Andrews or Edinburgh... My course is too competitive for higher unis unless a chose a less competitive subject... I dont hve straights A's at GCSE...

@Pandora, hey its multiplexing-gamer, new account. Mmorse is like a complex Maths/Statistics corse at Warwick uni I think
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Alex-Torres)
Wow everyones on about uni. Our college havent informed us of that, yet. When are you supposed to book open days? When are open days? What course does everyone want to go to?

I want to do Economics at Birmingham, Sheffield, St Andrews or Edinburgh... My course is too competitive for higher unis unless a chose a less competitive subject... I dont hve straights A's at GCSE...

@Pandora, hey its multiplexing-gamer, new account. Mmorse is like a complex Maths/Statistics corse at Warwick uni I think
Open days normally start in the summer term until around October time after that point they are for offer holders

You'll probably be told to start thinking about potential university courses and universities in the summer term :yep: this is when you'll start to get more information about personal statements, UCAS and so forth

I've already applied (3rd year) for biological sciences and holding 4 offers :cool: just waiting for my last one to get back to me
Dark Lord of Mordor
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey shadab theres a rate of change question regarding v=10r^2 r=5 so I did dv/dr = 20r when r=5 dv/dr= 100cm^3 per ... Second or cm... I need to know what this is regarding the rate of change the full question is:

The Volume V cm^3 of a cylinder with radius r cm is given by V=10r^2.
The rate of change of the volume with respect to the radius at the point when the radius is 5cm is and thats it it says per second or per cm for 100cm^3 which is the rate of change second or cm?
It is dV/dr hence it is the rate of change of volume with respect to the radius -> cm^3 per cm
Alex-Torres
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lilGem)
Open days normally start in the summer term until around October time after that point they are for offer holders

You'll probably be told to start thinking about potential university courses and universities in the summer term :yep: this is when you'll start to get more information about personal statements, UCAS and so forth

I've already applied (3rd year) for biological sciences and holding 4 offers :cool: just waiting for my last one to get back to me
So I don't have to apply to any, anytime soon?
my brother goes St Andrew's uni, so I might be able to get to there quite easily, and I quite like the uni. http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/admissions/ug/visiting/ can I go to the March open day as a year 12, or is it for year 13s?
Robbie242
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dark Lord of Mordor)
It is dV/dr hence it is the rate of change of volume with respect to the radius -> cm^3 per cm
Thanks I thought so! but rate of change I thought was over a period of time, ty alot
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So I don't have to apply to any, anytime soon?
my brother goes St Andrew's uni, so I might be able to get to there quite easily, and I quite like the uni. http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/admissions/ug/visiting/ can I go to the March open day as a year 12, or is it for year 13s?
Nope not until next September (although you can start filling out the form when it's available for 2014 applicants for this you'll need to college buzzword)

Unless it states it's specifically for offer holders you should be able to. Although being said ones in March are likely to be for offer holders I'd play it safe and go to summer open days
Dark Lord of Mordor
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks I thought so! but rate of change I thought was over a period of time, ty alot
No problem
usycool1
Badges: 19
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Meh, not.all the time :pierre: and it's not arguing... It's healthy debating... Unless Jamal is involved... Then it's just
Pretty much all the time :pierre: Yep, which results in high tensions between people in the end :lol:

hey its multiplexing-gamer, new account
WHAT?! I never realised!
justinawe
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Same I've devised this list at the moment
Warwick - Morse or MMORSE
Cambridge - Mathematics
Bristol - Mathematics
Exeter - Mathematics
and an ABB uni (undecided)

where are you thinking of applying to? I've also got 3 exams in january worried most about economics :P
ah, got 3 of the unis I'm thinking of applying to there :holmes:
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by usycool1)
Pretty much all the time :pierre: Yep, which results in high tensions between people in the end :lol:

WHAT?! I never realised!
Not really, because we don't care :lol: well I don't anyway

Robbie242
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by justinawe)
ah, got 3 of the unis I'm thinking of applying to there :holmes:
Ooh awesome which ones? and your in year 12 right? :P if we think about that its like a 60% chance we meet each other now :P which unis are you applying to?
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ooh awesome which ones? and your in year 12 right? :P if we think about that its like a 60% chance we meet each other now :P which unis are you applying to?
Well it's not 60%

Robbie242
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well it's not 60%

obviously, but if we got rejected from 3 of the same choices and then accepted by the same 2 universities something like 20% now haha.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.4%