Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Selling one player doesn't make you a 'selling club'. Lmfao.

So United are a selling club are they because they had to take the £80m for Ronaldo.

Okay mate...use your head, there's about 7 players who fight over 2 or 3 positions in your starting eleven.
    Why would we sell our player of the season for the past 2 seasons? We don't need the money, and Mata doesn't want to leave (unlike Ronaldo seeing as you used that example).

Obviously someone will have to go to make room, Mourinho said this would be in the form of a loan. Moses looks like a likely candidate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    I agree I think the chances of Bale staying are slim but you could imagine Levy's reluctance to sell Bale without having a replacement at the ready Which is the point I was making. And in terms of footballing ability is Bale even good enough to be guaranteed a starting spot every week for Madrid? I can't seem to imagine them playing Ronaldo as a false 9.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True, but Spurs have spent heavily. You can't really replace Bale, so what they've done is they've tried to bolster their entire attack which is fair enough, whether that comes off is another matter.

Well all the indications are is that Bale is very close to leaving. RM have even started selling Bale shirts on their website and the deal isn't even completed.

I don't think you can make Bale the most expensive player ever and not guarantee him first team football. I see it like this Ronaldo being moved, Bale taking his place - Ronaldo getting pissed at no longer being Real's star signing (not happy being an ST when he feels he's more creative on the wings/attacking mid) and moving back to United next summer in a cut price deal by which time he'll have just a year on his contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    This is your view because you want it to be true so you get Benzema. If you hope hard enough it will happen mate, doesn't matter how little sense it makes.
    lol. Regardless of whether Benzema comes, he'll be restricted. You really think RM will have this front three of Bale, Benzema and Ronaldo.

ReputationRep:
    True, but Spurs have spent heavily. You can't really replace Bale, so what they've done is they've tried to bolster their entire attack which is fair enough, whether that comes off is another matter.

Well all the indications are is that Bale is very close to leaving. RM have even started selling Bale shirts on their website and the deal isn't even completed.

I don't think you can make Bale the most expensive player ever and not guarantee him first team football. I see it like this Ronaldo being moved, Bale taking his place - Ronaldo getting pissed at no longer being Real's star signing (not happy being an ST when he feels he's more creative on the wings/attacking mid) and moving back to United next summer in a cut price deal by which time he'll have just a year on his contract.
    I'd imagine Ronaldo would play left and Bale right most likely playing as an inside winger.

Benzema
    Ronaldo - Isco/Ozil - Bale
    Khedira/Modric - Alonso/Modric

I'd say that di Maria would definitely be on the way out either this window or next. Would be interesting to see if you guys actually go for him. However I don't think Benzema will move

ReputationRep:
    Haven't Madrid been playing Ronaldo up front in pre season? Still, can't see Benzema coming here unless Madrid get Suarez, and even then I think it's unlikely for the prices being touted. I can see Di Maria happening though, there is a lot of competition at Madrid for the wing spots and he really needs to be playing, especially as it's a WC year and Argentina are stacked up top.

ReputationRep:
    Madrid should just play:

Ronaldo Benzema Bale

or

Ronaldo Isco Bale

With a trio of Ozil, Khedira, Alonso, Kaka, Modric and llarramendi behind them.

Would do brilliantly in the league though I'm not sure how it would shape up in difficult games since it might not have enough work rate in it..

ReputationRep:
    lol. Regardless of whether Benzema comes, he'll be restricted. You really think RM will have this front three of Bale, Benzema and Ronaldo.
    Would be amazing to watch and play with on FIFA

ReputationRep:
    Yes. You don't buy a player for 100m euros and bench him, you also don't bench or shift around a player who has scored 202 goals in 200 games or whatever ridiculous tally ronaldo is on now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    Would be amazing to watch and play with on FIFA
    It would be crazy but I really do think Bale and Ronaldo are too similar. They both want the limelight, they both want the ball to create the chances and take the shots. They both want the free kicks.

I'm not sure the partnership will work but who knows.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. You don't buy a player for 100m euros and bench him, you also don't bench or shift around a player who has scored 202 goals in 200 games or whatever ridiculous tally ronaldo is on now.
    It is widely known that Ronaldo isn't happy in Spain and this move for Bale will make him more unhappy, he likes the attention.

I don't think Ronaldo will be at RM for much longer than a year because I think Bale and Ronaldo will clash mentally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Haven't Madrid been playing Ronaldo up front in pre season? Still, can't see Benzema coming here unless Madrid get Suarez, and even then I think it's unlikely for the prices being touted. I can see Di Maria happening though, there is a lot of competition at Madrid for the wing spots and he really needs to be playing, especially as it's a WC year and Argentina are stacked up top.
    I didn't see any of their pre-season, but Ronaldo was on the left at the weekend where he was nearly all of last season. I still don't see Bale's arrival affecting Ronaldo's position nor that of Benzema.

I really do think di Maria would be great signing for you if you could pull it off

ReputationRep:
    You seen bayern munichs midfield?

ReputationRep:
    So Real Madrid are going to move their best player out of position to where he is less effective so they can put Gareth Bale there, a position where he is also less effective. Sound logic there. I'm sure Ronaldo will also be thrilled about that.
    Suarez
    Ronaldo Ozil Bale

No need to move Ron, and allows Bale to cut inside with his left - considerably deadlier than his crossing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Suarez
    Ronaldo Ozil Bale

No need to move Ron, and allows Bale to cut inside with his left - considerably deadlier than his crossing.
    They probably won't get suarez tbh.

ReputationRep:
    It is widely known that Ronaldo isn't happy in Spain and this move for Bale will make him more unhappy, he likes the attention.

I don't think Ronaldo will be at RM for much longer than a year because I think Bale and Ronaldo will clash mentally.
    Ronaldo will only be bothered by this if he is shunted around the team to accommodate Bale, which is what you are suggesting Madrid will do. Otherwise Ronaldo will easily outshine Bale and enjoy doing it. You are after all the guy who thought that Higuain's value halved after playing 45 mins at the Emirates cup so excuse me if I don't take you too seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stirlo)
    I didn't see any of their pre-season, but Ronaldo was on the left at the weekend where he was nearly all of last season. I still don't see Bale's arrival affecting Ronaldo's position nor that of Benzema.

I really do think di Maria would be great signing for you if you could pull it off
    Yeah I haven't actually seen their games either but it's what I'd heard from other people. Ultimately though, you play your best players in their best positions and for Ronaldo that is on the wing. He just happens to be incredible up front too.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, History has shown us that Real can have the best attack and they still won't win all the major honours - simply because the best players can't work together, but Perez will never understand that.

One of them will fall - it's either Bale or Ronaldo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Suarez
    Ronaldo Ozil Bale

I can't see them getting Suarez tbh, swap him with Benzema and then have Ozil and Isco rotating for the CAM spot and that is exactly how Madrid will play this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stirlo)
    I'd imagine Ronaldo would play left and Bale right most likely playing as an inside winger.

Benzema
    Ronaldo - Isco/Ozil - Bale
    Khedira/Modric - Alonso/Modric

I'd say that di Maria would definitely be on the way out either this window or next. Would be interesting to see if you guys actually go for him. However I don't think Benzema will move
    You forgot about that 25M defensive midfielder they signed

ReputationRep:

Other than Soldado (who was needed) they've bolstered there midfield more than there attack. Chadli obviously isn't going to provide the same influence on the wing as Bale did, but if you're receiving a record fee of over 80m it would make sense to replace Bale with someone of similar quality, if possible.

The situation with Bale and Ronaldo also reminds me of Barca's situation with Neymar/Villa/Messi. You're not going to move Messi out of his preferred position in order to accommodate a player who's naturally preferred position is central striker. I agree that it would make no logical sense to spend so much on a player and not guarantee to him a regular place, but I don't think Bale has proved himself enough YET to be more effective on the right for Madrid in place of Di Maria.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.